• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1059: "The Matter involving Captain Koby" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't a huge number of pirates who could take a slash like that without difficulties.
Pirates who could take it by merely tanking it: Luffy ( took those slashes from Kaidou which took off Kiku's arm, and came out of the battle with a few bandages and was relatively fine ). Kaidou ( it's obvious why ). Big Mom ( also obvious why ). Yamato ( Ice Armor temporarily stopped the effects of a Thunder Bagua, mix that with Armament Haki and her Kanabo and she'll be able to block that ). Zoro ( temporarily stopped a combined attack from Big Mom and Kaidou for a few seconds and evacuated after ). Blackbeard ( It's quite obvious why lol ). King ( tanked a Shishi Sonson with his flame on ).
Pirates who could dodge it or counter it with an ability or speed:
Hancock
Law
Shanks ( hear me out, he speedblitzed Akainu and got between him and Koby in a very short period of time to block his attack ).
And so far, any logia, since they can just turn into their element and regenerate from the attack. Unless it has haki but we'll need proof for that.

I realized two things.
Vegapunk is unironically a Yonko level scientist (creating cyborgs who forced a yonko to use haki to block)
He might actually be a cyborg himself, who worked on his body like Franky has. I'm reconsidering whether he actually can't fight tbh

I realized two things.
Vegapunk is unironically a Yonko level scientist (creating cyborgs who forced a yonko to use haki to block)
He might actually be a cyborg himself, who worked on his body like Franky has. I'm reconsidering whether he actually can't fight tbh
I don't know if it's Yonko level when Blackbeard was hurt by a punch from pre timeskip g2 Luffy lol.

I don't know if it's Yonko level when Blackbeard was hurt by a punch from pre timeskip g2 Luffy lol.
'hurt' is a way to put it. Blackbeard absorbs pain far more so you can puncture his skin with a needle and he'll likely scream. Doesn't mean it's enough to put him down. This time around he actively put up reinforced guard to avoid getting hit.

'hurt' is a way to put it. Blackbeard absorbs pain far more so you can puncture his skin with a needle and he'll likely scream. Doesn't mean it's enough to put him down. This time around he actively put up reinforced guard to avoid getting hit.
no I meant that the punch, if I recall correctly, had made him spit blood.

2-bcc664b905a24b940a0f1f9b727791b2.jpg

What if Vegapunk somehow has had TopTier's DNAs and apply it on Seraphim?
He has had Kaido's DNA, then he, or they if WG did it for him, buy all Yonko's DNAs from black market, in same way they took their photos then apply it on Seraphim

What if Vegapunk somehow has had TopTier's DNAs and apply it on Seraphim?
He has had Kaido's DNA, then he, or they if WG did it for him, buy all Yonko's DNAs from black market, in same way they took their photos then apply it on Seraphim
That's really obvious. I think the marines may have gotten a strand of DNA from Big Mom from when she has a child, too. Luffy's grandpa is a marine so it's not hard to get DNA from him though it's useless unless the Seraphim can somehow inherit df abilities. Whitebeard is an easy one, considering he died smack dab in the middle of the main marine base. Don't know how they'd get DNA from Blackbeard or Shanks though, or if they care since Shanks is just an average human dude in terms of his race and natural abilities.

Don't know how they'd get DNA from Blackbeard or Shanks though
Blackbeard's DNA from his food during Shicibukai's meeting before. Shanks DNA from whatever is that during his appreance in Mariejoa, or they took it when took his photo for wanted poster too
Shanks is just an average human dude in terms of his race and natural abilities.
Boa and maybe Mihawk are just average human too and still get copied for Seraphim.

True. He is not brave enough to fight unless he knows that the odds are very skewed in his favour. He isn't exactly a coward, but not exactly brave either.

Anyway, Luffy will have to power up quite a lot in base to fight Blackbeard, given that his devil fruit power-up multipliers will likely not work.

True He is not brave enough to fight unless he knows that the odds are very skewed in his favour. He isn't exactly a coward, but not exactly brave either.

Anyway, Luffy will have to power up quite a lot in base to fight Blackbeard, given that his devil fruit power-up multipliers will likely not work.
The thing is though, the Gura Gura no Mi doesn't work on Luffy. It's just gonna be Blackbeard with the darkness fruit vs Luffy with haki. Also, Blackbeard has to touch Luffy with his abilities to render them useless, and that's only the non-passive ones ( can't disable his rubbery body so holding him by the throat like he did to Hancock is useless ). And Luffy is comparable to Kaidou in terms of speed, so Blackbeard is gonna need a ton of training in combat speed before he can catch Luffy off guard like that. And besides that, Luffy is probably more durable than him, seeing as he took slashes from Kaidou and a bolo breath directly in Kaidou's mouth, and can take beatings from a lot of powerful characters. Meanwhile Blackbeard is uh... he's having trouble blocking Seraphim hits without using haki... and, if my memory doesn't fail me, he spits blood when pre time skip g2 luffy punches him..

I thought that Luffy is at a great disadvantage against Blackbeard due to having to punch him directly and automatically being turned from rubber to a "regular" human who has to rely on skill and haki alone, whereas somebody like Akainu can blast Blackbeard from afar.

I thought that Luffy is at a great disadvantage against Blackbeard due to having to punch him directly and automatically being turned from rubber to a "regular" human who has to rely on skill and haki alone, whereas somebody like Akainu can blast Blackbeard from afar.
Okay first of all: That " turned him into a regular human " thing is likely a plot hole- not even being fully submerged in water or being close to sea stone could remove his rubber ability, you need transmutation for that, which Blackbeard likely doesn't have. Marineford is known to have a good amount of plot holes or stupid moments.
Second of all: Luffy can just use advanced haki to hit him without directly touching his darkness. It's a " fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me " situation, Luffy doesn't fall for the same trick ( in battle ) twice.

Can't Blackbeard just pull Akainu into his hands like he did to Ace?
Third of all: He'd risk getting burnt to a crisp trying that. Something about Akainu's passive heat vaporizing swords.

I mean he was fighting Hybrid Kaido in base with just ACoC- Luffy's base got buffed quite a bit and will only get stronger it seems

@TheMonkeMan You think Teach cannot resist Akainu's heat? The moment he grabs him, Akainu will stop emitting heat.
My brother in Jesus Jehovah and any other divine entity your varying religion may believe in, I'm saying that the moment he pulls him in Akainu's passive heat will burn him and he'll stop, it doesn't matter whether or not Akainu can resist the attack by outrunning it or having greater lifting strength, or how fast he can pull him in, it won't matter if he burns him self trying to reel him in. Also, Akainu doesn't need to touch him, because just like Luffy he has Advanced Armament. He also has the benefit of probably knowing what his power is like beforehand, y'know, since he WAS a Warlord and they got dna from most Warlords.

My brother in Jesus Jehovah and any other divine entity your varying religion may believe in, I'm saying that the moment he pulls him in Akainu's passive heat will burn him and he'll stop, it doesn't matter whether or not Akainu can resist the attack by outrunning it or having greater lifting strength, or how fast he can pull him in, it won't matter if he burns him self trying to reel him in. Also, Akainu doesn't need to touch him, because just like Luffy he has Advanced Armament. He also has the benefit of probably knowing what his power is like beforehand, y'know, since he WAS a Warlord and they got dna from most Warlords.
So far it seems like the top tiers can resist that heat passively. The same heat that vaped steel, Luffy was right infront of and didn't get vaped. That same heat was pretty close to WB and he didn't even flinch.
From the looks of it amongst top tiers, Akainu would still need direct contact for the greater temperatures to get through

Yami Yami no Mi literally nullifies the DF abilities. It was able to nullify Gura Gura no Mi abilities even after Whitebeard clad it on his fists. In Impel Dawn it made Luffy's body normal again. BB slammed Luffy to the ground and caused him to cough off blood. It is better that sea water and kairoseki. That was the whole reason BB went after it.

Wasn't Enel literally sleeping and still couldn't get stabbed...?
trained his reflexes, a lot of skilled Logia users ( i.e Akainu who instantly turned into magma the moment Crocodile touched him ) will train their reflexes to the point where they'll turn into their element instantly when hit.

Yami Yami no Mi literally nullifies the DF abilities. It was able to nullify Gura Gura no Mi abilities even after Whitebeard clad it on his fists. In Impel Dawn it made Luffy's body normal again. BB slammed Luffy to the ground and caused him to cough off blood. It is better that sea water and kairoseki. That was the whole reason BB went after it.
again I have no idea how that happened because this implies it's a better nullifier than even the sea it self and seastone which is.. weird. But even still, Luffy can just outrun the attack or use advanced coc to hit him without touching the darkness

again I have no idea how that happened because this implies it's a better nullifier than even the sea it self and seastone which is.. weird. But even still, Luffy can just outrun the attack or use advanced coc to hit him without touching the darkness
I hope that you are correct, because otherwise Luffy will have to quickly power up to Prime Rayleigh level in base, at least.

Personally, I don't see any issues with Yami Yami nullifying DFs powers better than sea-stone.

The sea isn't a complete nullifier of Devil Fruit abilities; Luffy could still use Gear 3 underwater - it was just draining his energy. Blackbeard's Devil Fruit makes it as though the person he's touching never had a Devil Fruit at all, which is different.

So the sea isn't a nullifier but sea prism stone is? I'm starting to think something about sea prism itself is what makes the sea 'cursed', since it's so much more potent compared to just being in water

The sea isn't a complete nullifier of Devil Fruit abilities; Luffy could still use Gear 3 underwater - it was just draining his energy. Blackbeard's Devil Fruit makes it as though the person he's touching never had a Devil Fruit at all, which is different.
wasn't he in one of those special bubbles though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back