• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1061: "Future Island Egghead" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chopper doesn't like this comment at all
I mean Chopper is a doctor and not a scientist. And we saw that Caesar was able to give Chopper an upgrade to his Rumble Ball. So Chopper is incredibly useful when it comes to any medical related stuff but he’s not exactly a genius at scientific stuff. So having a scientist would help quite a bit when it comes to giving upgrades to the crew members that mostly use weapons.

Drake gets mentioned finally! I was confused what he was gonna do after Wano with his cover blown up & Apoo snitching around.

The Mazinger Mecha VP's piloting looks a little simular to the Franky Shogun which makes sense since Franky says he based it on 1 of VP's old dreams in FMI.

And we now know Luffy is fully aware of his appearance changing in Gear 5th.

Last edited:
Drake gets mentioned finally! I was confused what he was gonna do after Wano with his cover blown up & Apoo snit1ching around.

The Mazinger Mecha VP's piloting looks a little simular to the Franky Shogun which makes sense since Franky says he based it on 1 of VP's old dreams in FMI.

And we now know Luffy is fully aware of his appearance changing in Gear 5th.
wait he went inot it immediately or?

Vegapunk:"They like to call me their scientific genius despite my mediocrity."-Likely a reference to all the failures like the heating-system, Momo's DF & the gigantification experiments.
She has this earpiece on her left ear that makes me think she's likely an android.
Aside from that, VP has the simular Popeye-esque forearms to pre-timeskip Franky, has written part of their name & 02 on their uniform much like Franky does on his shoulder with BF & 36/37. In flashback Franky was run over by a seatrain before turning himself to a cyborg while VP was caught in a massive explosion so:unsure:...

What makes me excited the most in this arc is Oda in some SBS someone asked him about whats the origin of the Devil Fruits
and Oda answered that there is a certain scienceman is going to answer the Devil Fruit origins (and this person is 100% Vegapunk) so I cant wait for this arc also this arc would be great for Franky he is most likely getting a huge Powerup and maybe Sanji too.

What makes me excited the most in this arc is Oda in some SBS someone asked him about whats the origin of the Devil Fruits
and Oda answered that there is a certain scienceman is going to answer the Devil Fruit origins (and this person is 100% Vegapunk) so I cant wait for this arc also this arc would be great for Franky he is most likely getting a huge Powerup and maybe Sanji too.
That's why I'm excited as hell for this. Vegapunk reveal means Devil fruit lore VERY SOON. And right after the arc we got the Nika reveal too-

That's why I'm excited as hell for this. Vegapunk reveal means Devil fruit lore VERY SOON. And right after the arc we got the Nika reveal too-
Agreed. I've especially been waiting for an explanation on how Devil Fruits work for a long time. I mean, it's been 20 years since they were introduced and still no understanding of their origin or how they actually work. I'd specifically like to hear the explanation of why people can't have more than one Devil Fruit, and if the theory that actual devils are inside the fruits is actually true, as it might shed some light on how Blackbeard was able to hold two Devil Fruits at once.

I hope that the Strawhats will be able to convince Vegapunk that actively immensely helping a tyranny that offhandedly nukes entire countries filled with innocent people off the map is an extremely bad idea.

I hope that the Strawhats will be able to convince Vegapunk that actively immensely helping a tyranny that offhandedly nukes entire countries filled with innocent people off the map is an extremely bad idea.
Well they don't exactly know about the Lulucia issue-
But Vegapunk did program Kuma to protect the Sunny, so I feel like she'll recognize the straw hats through that somehow. The character of Vegapunk has been somewhat neutral to both parties so far, so this could be a marine base that won't require fighting to get through

Vegapunk definitely knows already; the WG arrested him (or her, idk at this point) in the first place to make artificial DFs, which (s)he abandoned.

Granted VP did give the WG laser technology and DF absorption, but it's also worth noting that some pirates in the series are genuinely despicable.

Yes, only the pirates in name only (really just freedom-loving adventurers), such as Shanks, Whitebeard, and Luffy seem to not be awful in general.

Well they don't exactly know about the Lulucia issue-
But Vegapunk did program Kuma to protect the Sunny, so I feel like she'll recognize the straw hats through that somehow. The character of Vegapunk has been somewhat neutral to both parties so far, so this could be a marine base that won't require fighting to get through
I think Sabo survived and he's definitely not going to keep his mouth shut about the situation. He may not know that Im did it but to be fair he's not stupid either- he can put 2 and 2 together and see that someone from the World Government.. someone with power.. enough to be sitting on " The Empty Throne "... may have nuked that island,.

I think Sabo survived and he's definitely not going to keep his mouth shut about the situation. He may not know that Im did it but to be fair he's not stupid either- he can put 2 and 2 together and see that someone from the World Government.. someone with power.. enough to be sitting on " The Empty Throne "... may have nuked that island,.
Im after Sabo escapes and tries leaking info again but he's already got him ready for a second noscope nuke
old-man-how-many-times-do-we-have-to-teach-you.gif

VP should have a lot of knowledge on that. My biggest Vegapunk df-related question is how did he replicate Kizaru's laser into the Pacifista & Seraphim. He defenetly didn't use artificial dfs since Franky can use it too but hasn't lost the ability to swim.
( Does he know the old man still survived the beating the town gave him in that episode? )
That old fishman got beaten up twice in that episode so yes. He didn't look injured after the 1st beating because Hody's steroids gave him superhealing in exchange for his youth.

That old fishman got beaten up twice in that episode so yes. He didn't look injured after the 1st beating because Hody's steroids gave him superhealing in exchange for his youth.
Cope, the old fishman was too durable for them. It was like the scabbards only barely re-opening Kaidou's scar.

BTW I know it's not related to this chapter or it's discussion but was that feat where Blackbeard, albeit with haki, blocked a large mountain level strike added to his profile or something? Don't really care I'm just curious. Edit: And yes I know I can just look on his page but I'm a bit busy at this moment.

BTW I know it's not related to this chapter or it's discussion but was that feat where Blackbeard, albeit with haki, blocked a large mountain level strike added to his profile or something? Don't really care I'm just curious. Edit: And yes I know I can just look on his page but I'm a bit busy at this moment.
no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back