• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

The colour spread was fine lol, not amazing but better than no colour spread. We already knew the nine shadows was referring to the nine scabbards

There's 8 scabbards now, and like I mentioned either on this thread or a former discussion thread, the scabbards were never confirmed to be the shadows, only assumed. (Note Oden tells Toki in a letter if he fails to free wano country by killing Kaido then the protagonist's [shadows] would be people from 20 years later who enter the grandline making a name for themselves, i.e not the scabbards)

shinobo is one of the 9 scabbards ( they are technically 11 but take out kanjuro and maybe izo so its 9) as kinimon said u are one of us so its 9 and izo is kinda yes or no but i think he isnt coz he left them but he might come with marco

Unsure. Does being a retainer = scabbard. If so then with izo it was always the 10 red scabbards.

On an alternate topic I think it's kind of obvious Zoro was at least some kind of wano guy (Shimotsuki or not) since in alabsta Sanji was called Mr prince (vinsmoke) and Zoro was called Mr Bushido.

True and by that logic Oden denying shinobu's affiliation with them could mean she cannot be counted as one (even though she definitely deserves to be one)

guys read the chapter 970 shinobu said i want to be a scabbard and kinimon said everyone could be a scabbard so she should be counted as scabbard

The Calaca said:
The Scabbards are those who fought and got sentenced to execution. The title was given to them before they met Shinobu.
@Aerozz It isn't the same. for example Izo is definitely still a retainer but isn't considered a scabbard, in the context Kin'emon was referring to how they all became apart of Oden's family; retainers.

i mean its not 100% true it could be both coz she said i want to be part of the kuzoki family which is kinda the same.

VioIeLFC said:
The colour spread was fine lol, not amazing but better than no colour spread. We already knew the nine shadows was referring to the nine scabbards
The only reason I think the color spread sucks is because Oda didn't include Robin and those other two lol. Ignoring that, yeah it's fine.

The nine shadows that Toki mentioned aren't the same people Oden said would come in 20 years. Toki was talking about the scabbards and obviously she didn't know Kanjuro was a traitor, Oden was talking about the strawhats

VioIeLFC said:
The nine shadows that Toki mentioned aren't the same people Oden said would come in 20 years. Toki was talking about the scabbards and obviously she didn't know Kanjuro was a traitor, Oden was talking about the strawhats
"Toki, i have reached my limits. If I don't manage to knock down Kaido no one of our time will suceed. In a little more than 20 years, A gigantic war, capable of seperating the oceans, will surely break out. In other worlds, in 20 years,the protagonists of this immense war will arise in the new world. They are the ones who can defeat kaido. a long winter is brewing in wano. Toki, i want to use your powerif i ever die."

I'd like to imagine that toki's/oden's prophecy doesn't have a "9 shadows but actually 8 excluding kanjuro". ultimately it does imply to be the scabbards but considering these were the words Oden left Toki and how they contradict the scabbards being the ones who actually bring the dawn (we don't know what else oden said as toki tore the pages up) then it's not irrational to assume the shadows he/she is speaking of are someone other than the scabbards.

of course it could simply mean that the scabbards would bring luffy (the dawn) to wano, but then again it isn't really 9 shadows doing that, more so 3 even counting kanjuro since they were the ones who led Luffy to wano country.

Ultimately based off Oden's letter to Toki and us not being given the full message I feel the 9 Shadows are not going to be the scabbards, of course it could but I'm just thinking it will be a little less obvious.

Protagonists that Oden mentioned are obviously the strawhats, the 'nine' shadows that Toki mentioned can only be the 'nine' scabbards, it can't be the strawhats (since she said 9) and it would make no sense for it to be any other group. Tokis words simply mean the scabbards in 20 years will play a role in defeating Orochi and liberating Wano.

The strawhats + scabbards will be the ones to liberate Wano and bring the dawn, so if the 9 shadows aren't the strawhats then they are the scabbards, it's one or the other.

Or it could be something else 😉

Oden already spoke that Kaido is the issue, Orochi is really a non factor at this point where one of the scabbards actually defended him from dying, he's not at all relevant to the scabbards.

Toki's prophecy is likely Oden's words passed on, considering that although you can interpret it as the nine red scabbards it would be kind of obvious (too obvious for toki/oda to have cut Oden's words off), if Oden could make an accurate prophecy of 20 years in the future he should know that one of his scabbards is a traitor (he was even told by Kaido someone close had betrayed him), I don't think he was ignorant of this in his words otherwise it would really make them worthless.

Imagine if you ground up Sea Prism stone into dust and mix it with water, and then shoot the water at a DF user? It would be near impossible for them to get it off without outside help.

Yeah...

It makes you think why the World Ass Leaders didn't just use in Canon

But then again,the World Government is hypocritical,irrensponsible,assholish,a son-of-a-bitch,who see to not care if they kill people as long it is in the name of something they call Justice by some guy who thinks he is Top of the World

They did say Sea-stone is a scarce material anyways. It originates from Wano and they still don't really use it all that much. They only got some cuffs and a FEW bullet-related weapons... or in Smoker's case, tipping his weapon with it.

Some of them, yes. The ones that are optimized for traveling across the Calm Belt. But iirc, it's only like a thin layer, so it's not a massive amount of sea-stone per ship (granted, each marine battle-ship is apparently really expensive).

Considering how the marines are putting high bounties on people, they probably got money for days and throw that around like nothing, so yeah, each of their highest quality battle ships are likely hundreds of millions in cost.

It's WhitePops Birthday?Well i'm gonna thank him

"cough cough"

Thank you Pops for being the only Father people will definitely point when they say "my dad is stronger than yours and always be right"

Thank for making every Yonko capable of Wiping a Country

And Thanks for being the Best Dad Ever

Happy Birthday Edward Newgate,owner of the best Beard in Anime

Talking about warships, after looking at this chapter again I realised they actually sent a buster call after Mihawk; At least 10 war ships after a single man.

Screenshot 20200406-203159 Twitter

Oh!

picking signals...

Ooouuhh

continues picking signals

Oh!

I finally reached a conclusion on what that is

Ruby:What that is?

"Tifa appears and shoots at both Ruby and Yang"

Underestimating

@Emi - If they sent less than an Admiral, they are stupid for that. Mihawk ends the battle in 10 motions lol. Even if each ship has a Vice Admiral, I seriously doubt that they would even serve as proper warm-ups for Mihawk. He's ending everyone's career--literally.

Back