• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

I really think kaido is weaker than the bigshots of the old generation. Possibly much weaker.

Prime Ryuuma should definitely be 6B (I know this became a meme on the wiki when I asked for it back in 2017 but I think we now know enough for this to be true)

Hopefully in the next chapter we will see Oden vs Roger and finally see Roger's fighting style (how epic would it be if Roger goes- Shi sishi sonson and Oden goes Rashomon !)

We know what? Prime Ryuma is featless and there's no point of comparison.

Stop with the headcanon.

He was based on hype, status, etc. above Oden.

As he is considered the greatest wano swordsman ever thus > Oden, he is the sword god.

He should be vastly above low 6b+ Shutenmaru

(This is them at their strongest, not old selves) 1. Xebec (Stated to be Roger's greatest foe, thus putting him above Whitebeard)

2. Whitebeard (Farily Certain he was still called the World's Strongest Man even when Roger was about)

3. Roger (For being Roger, and whitebeard is above him since he's the only one to face Roger and live, buggy words)

4. Garp (Corned Roger, fought with along side roger and defeated Rocks)

5. Kaido (Regarded as the World's Strongest Creature and carries the statement of "In a 1-on-1 Kaido will win" should have fought Shanks, Big Mom and the Admirals yet none of them have killed him to date.)

6. Oden (Clashed with a Whitebeard who should be at least equal to his Sick self, Was the only one to scar Kaido a feat which hasn't been repeated even though it can be assumed Kaido has fought the likes of Admirals, Big Mom and Shanks.)

7. Mihawk (Although he lacks feats, His title as World's Strongest Swordsman and Oda said there isn't any secret sword users above him and chapter 96 suggests he should still be above/comparable to Yonko Shanks.)

8. Shanks (Clashed with Whitebeard, is one of the Yonko and is the closest one to One Piece, should be above Big Mom if Mihawk's since Mihawk specifically is waiting for a swordsman stronger than Shanks to face him.)

9. Big Mom (Should be below Shanks: Although Big Mom has other methods of combat she still uses her Sword as one of her primary ways of fighting so should be assumed weaker than Shanks by probably a small margin, Above Blackbeard since she is stated to be one of the only people capable of taking him out)

10. Blackbeard (Is close to mastering the powers of Whitebeard, Should be above Akainu and Sengoku)

Makes perfect sense. Roger, wb, Garp and Rocks are the undisputed top 4 in whatever order, then you have all the yonko level characters in whatever order. And of course it's headcanon, it's based on our opinions. Imagine being so boring your response to speculation is "headcanon"

Well that makes a little more sense if it is just #1 & #2. Your list is baed on opinion instead of facts.

Luffy drinks tea
While the exact number of islands in our world is immesurable at the moment, most people especulate it's around a million, while considering small islands in lakes or archipielagos.
So... it's a pretty impressive number.

Since Shanks beat Kaido isn't it pretty obvious that Shanks > Kaido.

Also since Kaido and BM clashed equally and are portrayed as equal I would also say BM = Kaido.

My rating- (purely opinion)

1. Mihawk

2/3. Post TS Akainu/Garp

4/5/6/7. Kizaru/Aokiji (I think Akainu has pushed ahead slightly during TS but all 3 were equal pre-ts), Shanks/Benn Beckmann

8/9/10 Sengoku/Kaido/BM

11/12/13/14/15/16. BB/Shilliew/Fujitora/Green Bull/Tokiku/Gion

This is ridiculous. You all are discussing the top strongest characters using opinions and assumptions. Calling it facts is dishonest and only shows how biased you are over your own points.

Refrain from theame calling and the increasing heat of this discussion.

This is over.

^Dude, they called their own list opinion. At no point did I say mine was based on opinion nor did they ask. To imply I'm biased is rude.

Anyway, I don't want a heated discussion either so I'll drop it at this point.

On second thought I don't think Shanks and beckmann are weaker than Aokiji, Kizaru and pre ts Akainu, I don't think they're stronger but I don't think they are weaker either. A battle between any 4/5 of them could go either way. They'd all beat Kaido/BM/Old Sengoku 1v1 and they'd all lose to Post-TS Akainu and Old Garp.

2 sword Oden saved a 26 year old Toki, was injured and nursed back to health by Toki, impressing her with his endurance.

2 sword Zoro saved a 26 year old Hiyori, was injured and nursed back to health by Hiyori, impressing her with his endurance.

Am I the only one who is seeing this ?

Why has Yoru been downgraded to low 6B ? It should scale to murakamogiri, and be superior to enma and ame no habakiri ?

Because it was scaling to Mihawk, not to Murakumogiri nor the other swords.

Not like every Meito of each class have the exact same stats.

If we don't know how strong Kaido was during his fight with Oden then how can we give Enma 6-B durability, since most of you here assume present Kaido to be at his peak.

Not every Meito has the exact same stats but Yoru has been said to be the strongest/sharpest blade in the world.

-BANLK- said:
If we don't know how strong Kaido was during his fight with Oden then how can we give Enma 6-B durability, since most of you here assume present Kaido to be at his peak.
"Only blade to scar Kaido" i don't think the sword is getting introduced into the story just for Kaido to reveal he's now x amount stronger now making Enma a worthless plot point.

-BANLK- said:
Only till recently Mihawk and Shanks were considered 6-B back in the day despite not knowing anything. There's no evidence kaido is different from back then so in the abscnce of evidence he should have been 6-B easily.

Also we do know at this point he's mixed it up with essentially every top tier in the series bar ones that were still young. Enma did what none of them could so that's even more reason to give enma 6-B. That's also a low ball. It could be much much higher given Kaido's background.

Kaido has been defeated seven times as a pirate and captured over 18 times in the past, also we know that the current flashback is during the period of Rox's defeat and Sengoku himself said that presently Kaido and Big Mom are far stronger than they were back then. In short I don't think Kaido was 6-B level during his fight with Oden. From what we have seen so far Oden appears to be top yonko commander level.

Did you not see Luffy vs Kaido ? Compare that to Oden vs WB.

Shutenmaru is top Yonko commander tier and Oden is leagues above him.

It's pretty much taken for granted in the One Piece fandom that's Zoro has been above Ace since the Foshman island arc.

I've seen this being treated as obvious in vs debate forums for almost a decade now.

What do people on VSBW think of it ?

Shutenmaru isn't Top Yonko Commander tier for fighting Jack. King is the top.

Bring evidence of Zoro > Ace or drop it.

That doesn't belong here. See the title? This is about One Piece, not Pokémon.

The Calaca said:
Bring evidence of Zoro > Ace or drop it
Jesus, I was just having a casual discussion here and wondering what people's thoughts and opinions were.

Chill out once in a while.

Also that was the wrong thread.

You're always arguing and asking this kind of stuff with zero evidence nor a single logical argument.

What do we think about Zoro vs Ace? Look at the profiles. You can answer that by yourself. You want to change that? Give us reasons of why it shouldn't be like that.

I actually feel like Zoro is stronger than Ace as well. Like who does ace scale to? Jinbei??

Profiles can be wrong also tbh don't just tell someone to look at profiles. I'm just saying that cause it does happen.

Also this is a thread to discuss anything regarding one piece don't just tell someone to drop it or brings facts if you haven't given them the chance with your first response being "drop it."

Ace only scales to Jinbe back when they fought, so that's only loose reasoning since some time had passed. But both of them actually get some scaling from stopping attacks from Aokiji and Akainu respectively.

@Whis - Stop trying so hard to scale characters who have 0 relation in the story or have any way to actually scale from eachother... Fishman Island Zoro > Ace? Mmk. I guess this means Doflamingo > Akainu then. I'll get right to the changes. ;)

Back