• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

The one piece fandom seems to generally take for granted that fishman island Zoro was superior to ace... any thoughts ?

Does anyone think Hiyori will have some connection to Amaterasu (japanese goddess of the sun), sister of Susanoo who killed Orochi ? Kami Kami no mi: model amaterasu ?

PS- I also think Hiyori will beat Orochi and become the Shogun.

I'm really not digging these insults as well because I know for sure this isn't the second time Cin has literally said things about reading comprehension regarding us in a debate. A debate on assumptions from both sides.

"Cin's being insulting" So we're going to ignore what was said earlier and just focus on me? Got it. Just ignore the argument and go to victimizing yourselves to dodge an argument.

Anyways, I'm not using assumptions. I'm stating that assumptions are unreliable and used several examples, thus it's pointless to debate when WB was his strongest, or any unknown content such as Mihawk's power, Shanks' power, Oden's power etc.

@Whis - Even if Oden was stronger than Kaido, that's 20 years ago. How are we going to scale Yonko from 18 years before someone like WB displayed his power in Marineford?

But yes, Orochi either poisoned Oden, or backstabbed him. That's my belief.

Whitebeard saying that a crew with him and Oden would be like Rocks implies both that Oden rivalled him in power and that he is comparable to BM, Rocks (I'll leave Kaido out of it she was like 10 years old then)

WB said if strength was everything he'd want him on his crew

Oden having no navigation talent whatsoever furthers the Oden-Zoro parallels!

Sadly break Ôÿ╣´©Å

Also....

KINEMON FIST-BUMPING WHITEBEARD THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED OMG ! WWE DO NOT DESERVE GODA-SAMA !

Toki's swordfighting furthers my belief Hiyori will take down Orochi and become Shogun.

Amaterasu connection ? Kami Kami no mi: model Amaterasu ?

If she uses momo's sword it will suit the goddess of the sun.

hmm so guys i just finished the chapter and marco said there are way more than 20k islands in OP world and i read about in real life there are only 2k islands in earth isnt that intersting.

Total number of islands in the world doesn't mean anything concrete but it is good that Oda is starting to feed us more information.

One site I've found states:

>It is almost impossible to put a figure on the number of islands in the world because of the different kinds of islands in different water bodies. Only around 11,000 of the millions of islands on the planet are inhabited.

There isn't a Oden-Zoro parallel they're two very different characters, Luffy doesn't know navigation either I guess he's a parallel to Oden too. It's clear Momo is the intended shogun, males are higher in the line of succession

Aerozz said:
hmm so guys i just finished the chapter and marco said there are way more than 20k islands in OP world and i read about in real life there are only 2k islands in earth isnt that intersting.
Didn´t the 20k islands was a mistranslation, I read that Marco said 20mio islands in OP world.

Strange that Roger looks so young. He looks considerably older by the time of his death (which is less than 8 years after this event).

Oden compared to the Rocks does not regard power. Several people with no desire to be a "follower" under one person does not end well at all. There's going to be conflict, and an inevitable break-up of the group (See Jinbe, Arlong and others from the Sun Pirates. It broke into several groups after Tiger died and Arlong was rescued).

Oden doesn't know navigation because 1) he's never taught, and 2) he's in a country where it is forbidden to go to sea, so there would be no information he can gather to become a decent sailor.

Toki, born about 800 years ago. Puh-lease give us at least a HINT of the Void Century, I BEG OF YOU.

Stefano4444 said:
Chibi14 said:
Didn´t the 20k islands was a mistranslation, I read that Marco said 20mio islands in OP world.
http://mangastampede.blogspot.com/2019/11/one-piece-chapter-964-english-page-3.html
Actually he say there are more than a 100,000 islands.
Eten(on twitter someone who always translation many stuffs for the one piece fandom) said that this is a mistranslation, he said Marco said 20mio islands, here his post to Artur:

https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1200539924606390272

Then you must have ignored the part where you said "Oden = WB" just cuz they clashed.

And he quite literally said "The Power" (referring to things that exceeded his experience and expectations) in the same panel we see WB going at it with whoever.

Who is making a stretch now?

Certainly. The country treasured him, and his legendary blade. They were all in turmoil upon Moriah grave-robbing him, and even Hiyori opt'd to allow Zoro take one of her father's blades in order to keep Shusui in return. This is after centuries of him being dead. He's regarded as a legend up til this point.

He's also one of the few people to make a black-blade, and all of Wano's inhabitants know who he is.

I am curious as to where Ryuma fits in the whole One Piece timeline. It most certainly does not seem to be the void century.

Glad to see it confirmed Toki came from the time of the Void Century. I know she's supposed to be dead, but I just got this feeling she's going to somehow show up in the present to give Robin a hint about the VC.

Speaking about the next chapter, do you think there are a chance for Douglas Bullet to appear?

Movie-based characters had appear in the manga before, especially if they are important, and with the recent release of Stampede i wouldn't be surprise if Oda include him as well.

Hell, he could even decide to had both Oden and Bullet fight each other.

Sadly Shiki and Zephyr are never shown in the manga.

I doubt we'll ever see Zephyr until we get a Sakazuki flashback. Shiki has potential in this particular flash-back (Shiki vs Oden--the duel between two dual-wielders. Would be quite fantastic--especially if it leads into Shiki getting the steering-wheel embedded in his head!!)

CinCameron20 said:
Sadly Shiki and Zephyr are never shown in the manga.
I doubt we'll ever see Zephyr until we get a Sakazuki flashback. Shiki has potential in this particular flash-back (Shiki vs Oden--the duel between two dual-wielders. Would be quite fantastic--especially if it leads into Shiki getting the steering-wheel embedded in his head!!)
Shiki getting the steering-wheel was during his fight with Roger, not with Oden.

Shiki and Zephyr didn't appear, but the Vice Admirals from the movie Gold did, so i think there is still a chance.

I mean technically doesn't Shiki appear in the manga? Chapter 0 is canon last I checked. Unless you only mean the main chapters.

With all the developments lately time to be dropping an updated list

1. Kaido

2/3. Xebec/Oden

4, Roger

5. Edward

6. Lin

7. Shiki

8. Garp

9/10. Kong/SenGoku

Back