• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

I just noticed something. Ray's sword in the flashback is different than his current one against Kizaru.

Yea, the other one was straight and long with basic handle. This one is curved and has a nice curved handle guard.

@Calaca I noticed the same thing about Sukiyaki and the old granny. It gave me the feeling that the Sukiyaki we saw with Orochi on pg 15 was actually the lady herself impersonating him like she did Oden. Not just because they have the same exact laughs, but the way they just started laughing right after that dramatic scene before it is rather suspicious.

Well they seem to give shanks all stheir things, the strawhat, his current hat wouldn't surprise me if they gave shanks his sword also. Something I noticed is that Rayleigh's inside jacket is similar to Mihawks and Rayleigh is also wearing clothes similar to Zoro, was Rayleigh the world's strongest swordsman at one point?

Why would Sukiyaki not be the granny? I thought it was pretty obvious. I'm just confused where Sukiyaki is right now if that's not him.

So now that we've seen some of Luffy verse Kaido in the anime what do you guys think? I noticed that added alot more clashes between Luffy and Kaido making it seem like Kaido was actually giving effort in his fight which I wasnt a huge fan of but I wanna see what you guys think?

Sadly I has no WiFi connection since the past two weeks so I am not updated with the anime.

Sucks to be waiting for the fight to be animated and now I can't see it.

Oof, well the animation is great but as I said im not a big fan of the changes between the Manga and Anime.

Hope you get your wifi back so you can see for youself though.

Can't judge the animation, but in some manga panels Kaido shows some expressions as if he's getting some damage. The anime might have just expanded on that.

I saw a scan of the initial Elephant Gun looking similar to when Sanji kicked Daifuku in the anime. I love that animator, so I expect no less from him if he animated that scene.

Well they had the two of them haki clashing and such and there where points that Luffy held his own and even pushed back Kaidos strength.

Hell I saw someone say that Luffy was stronger than Kaido which gave me depressio

I tried to watch the anime but I really can't, it's too slow. The fight will happen for real in the next episode, I hope Toei doesn't change the way that Luffy was defeated.

FullMetalLamps said:
Why would Sukiyaki not be the granny? I thought it was pretty obvious. I'm just confused where Sukiyaki is right now if that's not him.
No the granny transformed into sukiyaki and laughed with Orochi once Sukiyaki was announced dead and I'm assuming this means it will be a future plot point in Odens backstory.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I'll give the editors props. They deilvered a product they knew would excite the fans with shock and awe. Someone was certainly channeling DBZ when they threw this together and the whole thing reminded me more of a film then anime/manga. That Elephant Gun was WAAAYYYYYY more powerful than normal and tbh this excites me for when STAMPEDE makes it to Youtube.

All that being said, obviosly it is wildly outside the canon. I even think STAMPEDE with its mention of "Laugh-Tale" could be more canon than this. At best it might be foreshadowing what CH will be like down the road with all the sparks flying and aura's clashing.

Well to be fair, he was gear stacking so I'm not too surprised that the elephant gun was much stronger than normal (Although it still surprised me quite a bit), and I'm pretty sure Laugh-Tale is supposed to be the canonical name of Raftel.

I just finished Arthur's analysis for Ch. 965 and he brought up an interesting possibility that Kanjuro could be connected to the Kurozumi Clan. Just like the members of the Clan faced persecution because of its Daimyo's failed coup attempt, if you'll recall Kanjuro has also been persecuted in the past for some unknown reason. With him being the likeliest person to be the traitor, this gives us a possible motive.

Did a calc for Kaido vaporizing the mountain ever get made? I feel like there was one but not with vaporization but it's confirmed now

Anyone interested in making a Bullet profile? I haven't watched Stampede yet but I heard he has an insane feat in the movie tho and I don't know what is it up until now

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Anyone interested in making a Bullet profile? I haven't watched Stampede yet but I heard he has an insane feat in the movie tho and I don't know what is it up until now
Calaca already have a draft of him iirc, he's just waiting to see the English version of the movie so he can complete it

Do we know if Bullet's Awakening works in the same way as Doffy's or Kata's? I didn't add it because I'm not sure.

To my knowledge it simply increases his range of effect so not exactly like Duffy and Kata

He should also have large size on his profile given his golems/transormers.

Eminiteable said:
Well they seem to give shanks all stheir things, the strawhat, his current hat wouldn't surprise me if they gave shanks his sword also. Something I noticed is that Rayleigh's inside jacket is similar to Mihawks and Rayleigh is also wearing clothes similar to Zoro, was Rayleigh the world's strongest swordsman at one point?
Roger having a sword makes this unlikely. There's Oden and Shiki too, WB if you consider him a swordsman.

Worlds strongest swordsman =/= Most powerful character who uses a sword. Odens reputation would be far lesser than Rayleigh, Shiki and WB aren't swordsman. Doubt Roger is a traditional swordsman either

Rayleigh did have the title of dark king which I've heard means second only to one which would be Roger. Obviously there is whitebeard and now Oden but it's probable that prime Rayleigh was comparable to them.

viole: You're right it also includes people like Mr. 1 who don't use swords but are still swordsmen. Shiki's devil fruit isn't even canon.

@emin: Rocks too now.

There has been no canon mention of Shiki's devil fruit or him even having a devil fruit nor has he ever been shown using it in canon material.

Back