• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

Don't forget the first clash between God Tiers is Low End 7-C and that scale got obliterated not too much later.

Same with Marineford's feats. They got rekt by Dressrosa.

@calaca: The Yonko are top tiers imo, only Roger, WB, Garp and maybe Oden, Sengoku and Shiki should be god tiers.

Damage3245 said:
Well, I know AoE ain't everything of course, but we just witnessed a clash between two of the strongest characters in the entire verse, and it only produced a huge amount of wind pressure with barely any environmental damage.

That's a pretty meh feat.
The clash brought in dense storm clouds the moment they stopped to talk. Am I the only one who cared to notice?

I'm not seeing any dense storm clouds being dragged in by their clash.

Zoro surpassing Roger because "swordsman" is the same level of mental gymnastics as the one below it, also PK is >>>>>>>>>>> WSS. Zoro will be lucky to surpass Oden. Roger and WB are in a different league. Also exchange "normal people" for Zoro fanboys

Also, the logic behind Zoro surpassing Roger is beyond stupid, Roger using a sword doesn't necessarily make him a swordsman like Mihawk or Vista, and having a sword doesn't necessarily make someone stronger than someone else.

And considering that Dracule himself stated that the path of PF is even harder than the path of WSS, kinda disprove any notion of Zoro surpassing Roger, and if he does it wouldn't be by becoming the WSS but by fighting someone on that level of strength.

VioIeLFC said:
Show me in the manga where it states Roger is the WSS. Even if he was, it's completely irrelevant to Zoro.
Well then if you don't think Roger was WSS that means you think WSS > Roger/PK, since Roger was a swordsman.

If we use their titles as explicit power level measurements, then we run into contradictory outcomes.

We could conclude that Whitebeard > Kaido because they're both men and Whitebeard is the World's Strongest Man.

Or we could conclude that Kaido > Whitebeard because they're both creatures (technically) and Kaido is the World's Strongest Creature.

Whitebeard was the WSM when Roger was still alive, doesn't mean wb > Roger. Mihawk being the WSS doesn't mean he is > Big mom or Shanks. Kaido is the WSC yet isn't seen as the current strongest character by many people. Again it's strongest person with a sword =/= WSS. Roger can use a sword and still be stronger than the WSS during his time

To become WSS you just have to kill Mihawk (Or Roger or Oden or Rocks or Ryuuma depending on what era we are talking about). To become PK you have to beat 4 Yonkos, countless marines, get 4 poneglyphs and figure out a way to read them, and get to Raftel and find One Piece, and have voice of all things, the power of friendship, the power to unite the world and a strong crew.

@damage: 1. Kaido was never called WSC until WB died.

2. I never even mentioned titles, I just showed a scan saying that Zoro will become the greatest swordsman ever and noted that Roger was a swordsman. No titles being mentioned here at all.

Dunno if it's been said or not but this chapter sort of explains why being a pirate king is a much harder goal than surpassing Mihawk; poneglyphs + the other requirements we knew before.

Damage3245 said:
We could conclude that Whitebeard > Kaido because they're both men and Whitebeard is the World's Strongest Man.

Or we could conclude that Kaido > Whitebeard because they're both creatures (technically) and Kaido is the World's Strongest Creature.
This is stupid, there is a clear distinction made by Oda that there is a difference between the WSC and WSM thus man in terms of the title =\= creature. and there is actually reason to believe Kaido could just be a creature.

We used Kaido's title to assume he's above Zunisha yet we make the exception for the likes of Mihawk (and now whitebeard according to Viole.)

I can understand the scepticism on Mihawk for the time being due to how the site functions but if Oda is able to foreshadow something 800 chapters ago etc I really doubt he would introduce a character as "World's strongest Man" for him to instead actually just be the world's greatest man of the world's most skilled man.

You can't become "greatest swordsman ever" because there's no way to measure your strength against previous swordsman who are dead. Zoros goal is to be the WSS, which is what he always states when declaring his dream, not "greatest ever". His goal is Mihawk, not Roger.

Using that logic you could say Luffy will never have a way to measure up in strength to the previous Pirate King or Whitebeard because they're dead by the time Luffy will reach that goal.

If Zoro's goal is to be the World's Strongest Swordsman ever then at the time being we can assume for the future he will achieve this goal as we don't doubt any of the other strawhats dreams; will Nami not draw a map of the whole world but instead the known world? Etc.

Not saying Zoro is 100% going to be above or equal to Roger and such but I don't understand when talking about theoreticals we assume Other strawhats will achieve their dreams to the fullest but the exception is Zoro because of out current assumption of the Verses power hierarchy.

You know I recently read a blog where some had a theory that Kaido doesnt have Haki and instead his kanabō's spikes where seastone, this was made right after Thunder Bagua happened.

It was... interesting to say the least.

I believed in the theory also but I found an issue with it since the the color of seastone is gray and his mace is black similar to iron in the one piece. I don't think it was a case of him using armament haki either since the mace has always been shown being fully black, maybe similar to ack blades Kaido's mace is permanently black; who knows maybe that's why he went and challenged the other Yonko and navy so many times.

Well someone did bring up that when Thunder Bagua happened there was the streaks of black lightning that you see when Busoshoku Haki collide.

Plus I find it kinda hard to believe that Kaido doesnt have at least Busoshoku but this is Oda so I guess its not to unbelievable.

I'm still assuming he used lightning manipulation as secondary power of his weather manip, but I'd like it if Kaido had Haki.

I think there was an argument brought up that Luffy only has resistance to blunt force even in verse since he was harmed by Sengoku or something.

My favorite things about this chapter:

-A small number of people within the OP fandom have claimed for years that Luffy didn't need Robin to reach Raftel because he had the VOAT, but this chapter has officially debunked that idea. Roger had the same ability and still needed his own "Robin".

-Seeing both the Roger, Oden, and co. explore Skypiea and the official confirmation that Oden was the one who wrote Roger's message in Skypiea that Robin read.

-Finally seeing how Roger fights after 900 chapters.

-How this panel gives huge Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji vibes.

-Whitebeard's disgusted face and his refusal to say goodbye to Oden lol.

-Gaban, Kid Shanks, Kid Buggy, and the other Roger Pirates quickly going from saying they wouldn't accept Oden as easily as their captain to toasting to him after he makes his signature oden meal for them.

-Roger and Rayleigh holding Hiyori and Momonosuke, although at the same time it was a bit despressing since we know Roger won't even get to hold his own kid.

Luffy's resistance isn't absolute. Enough strenght can hurt him albeit slightly.

Him tanking Sengoku's palm is hilariously outlierish, but it could be explained with the fact that he didn't know about Luffy's resiliency and aimed just to kill Ace before he break free.

Being strong enough, Kaido might be able to overcome that resistance, which is even greater when covered with Haki in G4 as shown against Doflamingo. But this isn't the case as Luffy wasn't covering his head when Kaido Divine Thunder'd him

Yeah that may be the case, Kaido straight up blitzed Luffy so it would make sense he couldnt cover his head in time.

Currently following the theiry that Kaido isn't a devil fruit eater but is just a true Dragon; sort of explaining why when he was executed they didn't just keep him in sea stone and throw him in the ocean. His human form being achieved similar to Onimaru, remember someone brought up that in mythology that Dragons can take on the form of a human.

Another reason I believe the theory is due to Kaido being the only one of his crew not to have a little info box stating their devil fruit when they use it (queen, King, X-Drake and Page 1 all had this.). Another thing would be that he's referred to as the World's Strongest Creature; I don't think they would make a distinction just if he had eaten a Zoan. And to support that he's always been called a beast or a thing by people who know him.

Damage3245 said:
6-B won't be removed for a while, but hopefully in future arcs there will be more evidence to discredit it.
Backing things up here . . .

@Damage either one or both of us has missed something because I saw migue recalc results and suggest the low end of high 7-A.

Back