• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

A ppint that just occured to me sengoku explicitly states Kaido and big mom are much stronger present day then they were back when they were rocks pirates.

Currebt kaido is likelt over oden

Sengoku said that they are much stronger than they were 38 years ago. Oden fought against Kaido like what, about 25 years ago? (Considering that the flashback took place 30 years ago, Whitebeard being 44 in the flashback and 72 when he died, plus Oden dancing for 5 years on the streets, plus counting in the 2 years time skip in the present).

It technically should have happened 20 years ago because that's what Oda said when he revealed Kin'emon and Momo's time travel plot, so Oden spent 5 years dancing (whoever thinks this is enough to not rust his condition at least a bit please get out of the room).

On other news, this

RexofLM said:
A ppint that just occured to me sengoku explicitly states Kaido and big mom are much stronger present day then they were back when they were rocks pirates.

Kaido that fought Oden wasn't apart of rocks anymore so that needs to be taken into consideration

Oden fought Kaido 20 years ago, not 25, and if you want to make the point a rusty Oden was the only man to scar Kaido that's fine also, what should be noted is in this recent chapter is "Kozuki Oden's strength surpassed the enemy's imagination" and Kaido himself was comparing Oden's likeness to both Roger and Whitebeard in the sense all three are mighty, as for the Sengoku quote although they likely got stronger in 38 years it should be noted that both big mom and Kaido value Manpower above all else it seems; Big Mom believed she could defeat the other four emperors if she had more family members (not if her own strength grew), and we learn in this chapter Kaido only had 1000 men at the time compared to now where he has 40,000, and Kaidos overall goal was to gain a massive army of smile users not to power level himself up.

Oden wasn't using armament Haki to defend himself when Kaido hit him so he only really had 10B (or whatever is normal human-level in OPverse) durability when Kaido hit him. Much like Roger when he got beheaded.

RexofLM said:
not likely, he Should be. Tho not consciderably.

Ah man this again?

Look it comes down to three choices

1) Scale Oden to younger versions of Rocks Pirates

Or

2) Scale Oden to a MUCH younger version of shutenmaru

Or

3) Leave him unkown, which given he is probably over in terms of development means he might as well not get a profile page. . . :S

Younger versions of the rocks pirates are unknown, Younger Shutenmaru was when Oden was around 18 which would be inaccurate, him scaling to Rayleigh is also inaccurate since they've got nothing to base a scale off nor can you really scale Prime Rayleigh to old Rayleigh since he's completely unknown.

If Zoro even harms Kaido no doubt we'll be hearing a different tune about how Enma suddenly possesses Dura Negations Hax.

true but the thing is zorro and sanji are likely not even gonna be a threat to anyone since we have blackbeard bigmom shanks and kaido so yeah its pretty sad but i dont think anyone else is gonna do anything.

yeah but its hard for me to think how luffy is suppost to beat kaido in a week i mean i know it wasnt a fair fight as luffy wasnt in the right mind set but i dont see luffy being able to beat kaido in that short amount of time.

Dr.Fix said:
Ah man this again?
Look it comes down to three choices

1) Scale Oden to younger versions of Rocks Pirates

Or

2) Scale Oden to a MUCH younger version of shutenmaru

Or

3) Leave him unkown, which given he is probably over in terms of development means he might as well not get a profile page. . . :S
I guess the first option then.

Thebannanaworkshop said:
true but the thing is zorro and sanji are likely not even gonna be a threat to anyone since we have blackbeard bigmom shanks and kaido so yeah its pretty sad but i dont think anyone else is gonna do anything.
It's not like it's been confirmed that EOS Zoro > Shanks or anything...

Well it's not been confirmed, but Mihawk's Vivre card does state Mihawk's waiting for a swordmaster to emerge to surpass even shanks, but that's implications not direct confirmation but it's definitely likely.

Hmm I always took that as; "ok this is what will happen just as the story goes" for the regular and for the ugly "ok this is what happens if something interrupted his story and he abandoned his goals".

Personally don't want any of the strawhats to fail in reaching their goal or for them to die prematurely (especially if Oda regrets the decision later and just introduces a new Zoro)

No, that's for the different endings.

Oda said that Zoro would have the good ending if nothing happens to him, which isn't what he has said about the other characters outside of the good/bad ending. It's really suspicious.

maybe he will die, just based off the thriller bark thing. NGL although I can see the benfits in a story and the impact would be good but at the same time it would be dissapointing for Zoro not to reach his goal by having that rematch with Mihawk (The Shiryu killing mihawk theory is lame for the same sort of reasons as it's sort of Kuina repeated.)

Back