• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

While making a new thread I found out that WCI Luffy was once 6B while Akainu was Low 6B and It turns out yours truly actually made a thread on that and it was locked for being a stomp in favour of Luffy.

Eminiteable said:
The theory that Blackbeard will eat Kaidos devil fruit is really dumb, one because it will be boring seeing Luffy fight an enemy with the same ability and two Blackbeard as a dragon would look weird and thematically weird.
I agree. He already has enough power via Gura Gura. I rather he took a Zoan from his own crew. It would fit his back-stabbing motif and give some hax other ability (Maybe flight via Laff?)

LordWhis said:
While making a new thread I found out that WCI Luffy was once 6B while Akainu was Low 6B and It turns out yours truly actually made a thread on that and it was locked for being a stomp in favour of Luffy.
Might have been mid-revision. But if we take straight up feats and ignore hype, Luffy likely takes Akainu out 1v1 until we see evidence otherwise.

Oden was comparable to Kaido even prior to the years that passed when he was dancing + an even greater resistance to heat (although he already had this since he was on fire in a previous chapter)

Was referring to when he was on adventures with Whitebeard, in a panel Oden was shown on fire, and in another one incased in ice, but yeah he also resisted Kaido's fire breath

I already knew that the main reason Oden danced for 5 years was to save people, but I wasn't expecting that he was also doing it as an apology to Orochi and his parents for how they were treated because over his grandfather's actions. So the people of Wano (those who actively participated in the persecution of Orochi and his family) are responsible for the 20 years of suffering. They literally created Orochi the villain.

Wonder if that guy with the fox will be at all relevant in this flashback, oda saw it necessary to not reveal his face and put him in the flashback briefly.

Since we're on Feb 14, what's your favorite OP pair/ship?

Mine is Rayleigh and Shakky. I have the idea that they have been through a lot together and became confident on each other through different encounters, possibly meeting 40 years ago during the clash between Roger, Garp and Rocks.

As far as favorite ship goes, well my profile image should answer that lol.

I also like Law/Robin, Sanji/Nami, Sanji/Pudding, Luffy/Nami, Luffy/Hancock, Luffy/Meat, and Usopp/Kaya.

Personally, shipping the SH crew together seems weird because a lot of them resemble sibling or close relative (like aunt/nephew) relationships to a degree.

Luffy should fly solo because that's in character. Just smash Hancock/Vivi/Rebecca/Shirahoshi once for the next generation just like Roger.

Nami/AllBeli is best ship.

Robin/Library.

Zoro/Zaraki--wait.

Usopp/Kaya because DUH (Feels a bit like he's projecting his mother onto her though, so... eh).

Sanji/Pudding because that's literally the only developed SH relationship so far and it feels possible. They both care for eachother to an extent despite their clashing positions and Pudding's insanity.

Brook/Laboon in a Shaggy-Scooby kind of way.

Franky solo.

Chopper needs to fly solo unless he goes back to Zou for that nurse, lmao.

If there's ANY DFless character that could beat Teach, it's one of the old generation's dudes. Monsters like Roger, Rayleigh and Garp existed after all.

On top of that, the idea that Kurohige is unbeatable is wrong. Half-dying Shirohige almost did so until the whole gang jumped on him, and he was scaled of fighting Shanks and Akainu.

@Calaca - If we go based off of BB being the final battle for Luffy before he reaches Raftel (Whether or not Shanks is waiting for him there), I actually would love the idea that Luffy outright defeats him with ease.

Blackbeard seized his power through round-about means and through his attainment of two of the most powerful Devil Fruits.

Luffy attained power through sheer determination, experience, and training his DF and Haki to their limits.

Assuming Luffy defeats Akainu, Big Mom and Kaido (Maybe Shanks unless he's saved for a final encounter w/ Luffy on the shores of Raftel) through serious bouts, I would expect BB to make his appearance after one of these events and defeat a weakened and tired Luffy, but once both of them come face to face at their respective full powers, Luffy just wipes the floor with him. It would be deeply satisfying because all of BB's "efforts" would have gone to waste and serve to show how much Luffy has grown from their first ever meeting and fight.

Kaido didn't even think it was possible for anyone to survive the oil. This further Oden >> Kaido.

Add on the fact he was taken out by a Pre-TS vs Garp-esque / 2 random grunts who killed roger-sequel cheap shot and I can't imagine why people don't agree that Oden was a couple of tiers above Kaido.

Back