• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

LordWhis said:
Zoro vs BB mainly because Zoro doesn't have a devil fruit.
That sound like a stupid reason, you could also consider Sanji and Jimbe as candidates too since they don't have a Devil Fruit power.

Hell, Jimbe would make much more sense than Zoro, since he own a personal debt to Whitebeard and was friend to Ace.

Eminiteable said:
On side note it wouldn't really be that bad if Sabo died since maybe Luffy could then eat the Mera Mera no mi.
Unless Luffy is somehow like Blackbeard, he isn't going to get the Mera Mera no Mi.

Especially when is very likely that Teach had to use his Yami Yami no Mi to take WB's power.

If anything Sabo beating Sakazuki makes sense in that he inherited Aces will and it's poetic justice for the Meta Mega no Mi to win this time.

That sound like a stupid reason, you could also consider Sanji and Jimbe as candidates too since they don't have a Devil Fruit power.

Hell, Jimbe would make much more sense than Zoro, since he own a personal debt to Whitebeard and was friend to Ace.

I don't think Sanji and out-of-water Jinbe will ever be strong enough to take out BB. The only characters at EOS who could pull it off would be Zoro and Coby and I think the former is more likely than the latter. Maybe Imu, but why would he ever fight BB ?

Sabo will never be able to beat Akainu. He is a logia, he can never use anything except his DF powers, he literally is fire.

Though the more I think about it the more fun Coby vs BB sounds...

Luffy vs Akainu, Coby vs BB, Zoro vs Imu, Sanji vs either Kizaru or Blonde Gorosei, Hiyori vs Gandhi Gorosei and the other 3/4 Gorosei being taken by other strong fighters.

Monster Chopper/Franky Shogun vs Sanjuan Wolf possibly ?

Stefano4444 said:
Unless Luffy is somehow like Blackbeard, he isn't going to get the Mera Mera no Mi.

Especially when is very likely that Teach had to use his Yami Yami no Mi to take WB's power.
We don't really know, could be Yami Yami no mi could be Blackbeard's body, I'd like Luffy to inherit the power of both his brothers and that's really my only reasoning.

Ryuga21 said:
How sabo will beat Sakazuki? His magma is totally counter of him main ability.
He may ended up becoming stronger before fighting Akainu, and not just in terms of Strength and Speed but also Haki and Devil Fruit's Power.

LordWhis said:
I don't think Sanji and out-of-water Jinbe will ever be strong enough to take out BB.
I'm not talking about power levels, i was talk about what make more thematically/narratively sense.

Because Zoro and BB had little to no interaction between each other, it would just feel random having them fighting each other.

Personally I really dislike the idea of a repeated history of Roger's story, Luffy works so well when it's him overcoming an enemy on his own, him having to team up to defeat a main villain is just sort of lame imo.

Shouldn't fire technically hotter than magma considering that it is plasma. Perhaps with Awakening, Sabo will realize the true potential of the Mera Mera no Mi and burn Akainu with his now superior flames?

Luffy has beef and history with both BB and Akainu. BB for targeting him in the past before taking his brother in to be executed. Akainu for obvious reasons and Akainu is certainly wanting to kill Luffy himself to some degree.

Luffy has to take out BB and Akainu himself, or there wont be closure for his story (Or Sabo has to fight Akainu--but I seriously doubt he stands a chance against either if he was incapable of besting Fujitora)

Stalemating Issho when he's new to his DF powers is actually pretty decent feat before taking on the boss of the admirals, . .

That said I don't see Sabo VS Akainu happening . . . There's no reason Oda has to choose between Akainu & Blackbeard. I'm 50/50 as whetehr I want Garp or Akainu to go out first but I see a triple threat happening for One Piece on Laugh-Tale between Strawhat, BB, and Marines (Save your friends, take the world, maintain balance).

@Fix - Issho made it blatantly clear he was using Sabo as an excuse as to why he "could not halt Luffy from approaching Doflamingo" since he was too "busy" combating the Rev's No. 2. Sabo was even questioning his fighting methods. They have this convo at the end of their engagement

Also, when Issho was unscathed and Sabo was visibly struggling before the former even got "serious", that should've been an indicator that Sabo's not exactly his equal.

But yeah, I'm wondering if we're going to get Luffy's allies vs the marines Marineford-style. It's heavily suggested, at least.

Speaking of Ace death,who wants to talk about the two Logia fruits involved!!!?

Because i been thinking what happened in the whole thing and i think that situation is more of a Sakazuki Hax than Ace Weakness

You mean the CRT i got trapped on or the thread of Content Revision

Also,i want to discuss here with people interested

Also also,i am waiting on the link of the SBS that says the flames are weaker(which can mean different things)

The thread you made.

@Fix not me. I started in 2013. Probably when Punk Hazard was ending/Dressrosa beginning.

The Calaca said:
The thread you made.
@Fix not me. I started in 2013. Probably when Punk Hazard was ending/Dressrosa beginning.
Damn I can't believe I started reading before you. I started in late 2012.

It's barely a surprise. I recently noticed that it has been 7 years since then, since I always thought of myself as a newbie in that sense.

Tends to happen. Not every superfan has been there since the beginning.

I started reading BNHA since ch. 5 was out and I barely read it now, for example.

I started when the anime was in early Punkhazzard, although I never got to that point since I dropped the series at Punkhazzard (anime only) came back in 2016-2017 and read the manga till the point infinallys caught up.

There was this friend of mine back in 9th grade who was a fan of One Piece and actually wanted me to get into the series (which I did thanks to him). So what he did was read the most recent chapter at the time, which just so happened to be the chapter that introduced Katakuri (Chapter 860 I think?). So my newbie self got into One Piece just when the Mochi legend was introduced lol.

I first began One Piece when Water 7 was on Toonami. Despite only having a vague idea of the story/characters I was completely engrossed in its story, writing and intense events that kept happening.

I started the manga much later 2018 iirc

PaChi2 said:
Imagine Zoro and Luffy teaming up against Kaido.
That would be really cool in my opinion, though I would like for Sanji to join in too if that happens. Although I know for damn sure that if Sanji doesn't join in, KOL is gonna be pissed lol (and most of the anti-Zoro people).

Well, well.

Place your bets:

Who will take on Kaido and who will fight BM? Asuming a clash against the yonkos will happen.

Back