• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly would we ignore the marines?

liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif

I don't see a problem here:
The question is how we define average Marine soldier. There are people above average and below average. We have to identify who could potentially scale to 1/400 of Lucci:
We know that the East blue is the weakest region so it's likely that these Marines are much weaker than your average soldier, simply because you want your stronger marines in stronger regions. Being transfered isn't rare for Marines.
Marines from Enies Lobby should scale however

Marine Soldier is above average human tho, they also had extream training, btw it's Marine fodder with a rifle who got Rated as 10 Doriki points.

Well if the strength of an armed soldier is 10, which will be wall level I supposed since that’s generally what their level of weapon is shown to perform
We have 0.005tons * 400 = 2 tons.
I.e. building level
Debunk my maths? Lol you can’t #burn #IRock #YouLose

I agree

Marine Soldier is above average human tho, they also had extream training, btw it's Marine fodder with a rifle who got Rated as 10 Doriki points.
sure they are above average humans. but since they all use rifles as if they are relevent it must mean they are not that far above their own rifles in terms of raw power.
So Blueno would be >=82x a Marine Rifle from this logic.
also someone with 810 Doriki stomping someone who heavily damaged someone with 800 seems a bit sus when the difference between them if they were linear would be 1 marine fodder with a rifle

We know that the East blue is the weakest region so it's likely that these Marines are much weaker than your average soldier, simply because you want your stronger marines in stronger regions. Being transfered isn't rare for Marines.
That could be true, i mean even the average marines during the Marineford War (and in the New World in general) seen to be much stronger and competent than the ones you had in East Blue.

And if i'm not correct Smoker during the Marineford Arc (in the Anime only) stated that even the average Whitebeard pirate was pretty strong for the standard, so its not out of the question that the same logic can be apply with the marines.

Last edited:
sure they are above average humans. but since they all use rifles as if they are relevent it must mean they are not that far above their own rifles in terms of raw power.
So Blueno would be >=82x a Marine Rifle from this logic.
also someone with 810 Doriki stomping someone who heavily damaged someone with 800 seems a bit sus when the difference between them if they were linear would be 1 marine fodder with a rifle
Considering that OP's firearms in general are powerful enough to kill characters like WB and Oden, maybe in general they are just that strong.

Agree with doriki being linear for AP when dealing with the CP9 , suggest that we ignore fodder marines FRA

Considering that OP's firearms in general are powerful enough to kill characters like WB and Oden, maybe in general they are just that strong.
High 6-B Firearms, which would contradict them being weaker then CP9 Anyways, they have literally never shown anything above any normal firearm in terms of raw power. Hell they are weapons so unless you are going to argue the bullets are stopping themselves from destroying stuff they do not have anything near the power they should have (honestly I would be fine if they showed power over normal bullets consistently, not even needing them to show the damage they should be doing). I hope people aren't legit arguing that random fodder marine's firearms/themselves are around 30x stronger then BOS Luffy.

Let me remind ya'll that this scales to an "ARMED soldier" attack power, not a bare handed marine. A marine with a gun can injure a character far more than a marine with their bare fists.
And armed soldiers would be exclusively NOT scaling to their durability as their AP is with guns. It's not an anti-feat if you actually look into it. Guns in OP are somewhat absurd if we're being honest.

High 6-B Firearms, which would contradict them being weaker then CP9 Anyways, they have literally never shown anything above any normal firearm in terms of raw power. Hell they are weapons so unless you are going to argue the bullets are stopping themselves from destroying stuff they do not have anything near the power they should have (honestly I would be fine if they showed power over normal bullets consistently, not even needing them to show the damage they should be doing).
Either we do that or we consider most (if not all) instances of characters getting hurt by standard firearms as outliers/PIS moments due of Oda's writing decision and cannot be used in any serious discussion, like the time Luffy and Zoro got speedblitzed by Gazelleman, unless you want to argue that nobody in One Piece has Durability above Street level.

Either we do that or we consider most (if not all) instances of characters getting hurt by standard firearms as outliers/PIS moments due of Oda's writing decision and cannot be used in any serious discussion, like the time Luffy and Zoro got speedblitzed by Gazelleman, unless you want to argue that nobody in One Piece has Durability above Street level.
Remember candy coated bullets being SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to hurt superhuman cyborgs with exoskeleton?
In a world where their scientist is hundreds of years ahead of his time, why is "super bullets" such a weird concept when we literally HAVE those already- Why wouldn't the government create weapons that can fight against extremely strong superhumans?

It's either an anti-feat or it just makes sense within the verse itself.

Now that I think about it-- ARMED SOLDIERS being multi-city block because they're ARMED suddenly make sense.
They're that high at a douriki because of the WEAPONS, not their physical abilities. Suddenly One Piece guns hurting mid/top tiers makes sense

Now that I think about it-- ARMED SOLDIERS being multi-city block because they're ARMED suddenly make sense.
They're that high at a douriki because of the WEAPONS, not their physical abilities. Suddenly One Piece guns hurting mid/top tiers makes sense
Except the scaling is for a measure of their physical ability, right? Hence why Spandam, who is physically weaker than even a marine, has a level of 9 whereas a marine has a level of 10.

Wouldn't make much sense if it was just their gun because then both of them would be 10 if they were armed.

The statement was made on Enies Lobby thus if should scale to the average Enies Lobby soldier (which already kinda scales above that since they keep up with some Skypiea level characters)

Except the scaling is for a measure of their physical ability, right? Hence why Spandam, who is physically weaker than even a marine, has a level of 9 whereas a marine has a level of 10.

Wouldn't make much sense if it was just their gun because then both of them would be 10 if they were armed.
Yes and no. The measure says "One man WITH A WEAPON." Not just a soldier. There are soldiers who use swords and soldiers who use their bare hands (like that one boxer guy that Franky fought)
One man with a weapon specifically starts at 10.

Spandam survived Robin slapping the hell out of him and breaking his back. He's weak but he's not as weak as everyone makes him out to be.

Unfortunately the standards of the wiki appear to be minuscule when it comes to this topic's evidence.
And I'm not here to downgrade any of those series, just to improve on mine.
Let's say this gets accepted... What would change? I think the only thing that would change is the cp9 tiering between each other 🤔 or am I missing something... Why would that be controversial?

He wouldn't scale off Blueno's base to Lucci going all out in base at least? Since Lucci had to go Zoan to match G2?
Luffy doesn't scale to Blueno's base, he scales to Blueno's Rokushiki, Luffy kept up with all out base Lucci
Also, we don't accept multipliers if they don't have statements of multiplication of power

One man with a weapon specifically starts at 10.
Yeah but Doriki doesn't measure long ranged weapons, there is no way the "average soldier with a weapon = 10" takes their weapon into account to give their score cause that's literally not how Doriki is measured.

Btw, wasn't Doriki removed due to raws saying something slightly different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back