• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we can finally focus on Speed, i would like to bring again my calc of Post-Timeskip Luffy dodging Pacifista's laser back in the discussion.

@Damage3245 you say that my calc may "suffer from the same issue as one of the earlier calcs", can you explain better what exactly are you referring?

Basically the calc's timeframe is for the moment purely for the time it takes the beam to reach its destination, but it is being applied to a point later than that, after the explosion has formed and Luffy is some distance in the air. It's not accurate to use that timeframe from the laser crossing the distance and apply it to how far Luffy moved in that panel as being something that happened in the same timeframe.

I'm curious- was Franky's V-slash attack ever accepted as light speed? I remember that being discussed. If so, Sasaki has the feat of dodging from a close distance that may add something for the commanders/Tobiroppo.
Unless raid feats are reserved for the post-wano revisions.

unknown.png

Why are there gaps? Are they different keys or something?

I know Luffy can use Python to keep accelerating his attacks while in Snakeman mode, but is it enough for it to be called "far higher"?

I always thought far higher is when you can blitz someone
Alright then in that case there's two things I think could change:
  • Zoro with his Lai attacks in both keys should get changed to "far higher" since he blitzed those relative to him prior.
  • Cavendish should have his justifications worded like this: "A-2 (Fought against Gladius and kept up with him for a long period of time) with A-3 reactions (Intercepted several of Doflamingos bullet strings. Intercepted Pre-Colosseum Chinjao), far higher as Hakuba (Blitzed an entire colosseum of fighters faster than the audience could see, blitzed Dellinger, escaped a close range explosion and covered a large distance)" since his justification doesn't give him a reason to scale above his reactions but he would get a "far higher for blitzing dellinger.

Last edited:
Basically the calc's timeframe is for the moment purely for the time it takes the beam to reach its destination, but it is being applied to a point later than that, after the explosion has formed and Luffy is some distance in the air. It's not accurate to use that timeframe from the laser crossing the distance and apply it to how far Luffy moved in that panel as being something that happened in the same timeframe.
I double check chapter 601 and both beam reaching its destination and the explosion itself are show to happen in the same panel, this what was going on before, this its what happen after. If the beam was fire in the previous panel and then in the next panel we see it travel and causing the explosion then sure but this doesn't seen to be the case.

Alright then in that case there's two things I think could change:
  • Zoro with his Lai attacks in both keys should get changed to "far higher" since he blitzed those relative to him prior.
  • Cavendish should have his justifications worded like this: "A-2 (Fought against Gladius and kept up with him for a long period of time) with A-3 reactions (Intercepted several of Doflamingos bullet strings. Intercepted Pre-Colosseum Chinjao), far higher as Hakuba (Blitzed an entire colosseum of fighters faster than the audience could see, blitzed Dellinger, escaped a close range explosion and covered a large distance)" since his justification doesn't give him a reason to scale above his reactions but he would get a "far higher for blitzing dellinger.
Just realized Vergo's is: "Speed: A-3 (Kept up with Sanji. Blocked several of his attacks and landed many hits on him), higher with Soru (This technique greatly increases the speed of the user. He blitzed Trafalgar Law from several meters away)" for similar reason's he would most likely be "far higher" instead of "higher" for blitzing Law.

Also how would we treat those who scale to a value via blitzing the person who scales there? There seems to be a lot of instances of this so would they just remain "A-1" or would they instead be "At least A-1"?

Last edited:
They’d scale to A-1 still I guess, just higher in that tier; since A-1 and Rel+ has a big gap

They’d scale to A-1 still I guess, just higher in that tier; since A-1 and Rel+ has a big gap
I agree with them scaling to the same value, just specifically on if we'll attatch "at least" to them to differentiate more easily between other characters on how high they scale in that tier.

Bump

What else needs to be done here? This stuff looks accepted

Gotcha

I guess I can work on the combined profiles sandbox so we can add everything together prior to putting it to the profiles. I'll get back to you guys later

I can work with that

Also I changed the numbers to A-6, 7, 9, and 10 to reflect the pattern from the original crt

Last edited:
'''[[Speed]]:''' At least '''Sub Relativistic+''' (Should be faster than Koby, who's inferior in rank to her)

Regarding Hina; if somebody gets their rating purely off of their rank such as in this case, I think they need a "Likely" in front of their rating.

Need these unlocked

Thank you everybody for the assistance.

We have completed the verse's speed revisions. All of the ratings from Pre TS to Post TS have been revised.

Thanks so much, we've done AP, lifting, and speed. Pretty much done the main stuff.

Closing, adios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back