• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Meteor Coccslap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
So, Fujitora's 6-A meteor calc is rather horrendous. Charmander was originally going to address it, but AKM sent him to the shadow realm, and thus here I am.

Calculation Issues
Issue number 1: the calc assumes the meteor traveled all 70 thousand kilometers in 10 seconds because the feat happens in 1 page. This is a horrible misrepresentation of what actually happened. If you view the page cited in the calc, the meteor is already extremely close to the island when we see it on the page. Visually eyeballing, the meteor is only a handful to 10s of kilometers above the island in the page that claims it traversed 70 thousand in 10 seconds. That assumption is blatant dishonesty in regards to the feat, and makes the assumed distance for the calc incorrect. Meaning the meteor's KE is incorrect.

Issue number 2: the visible destruction of the calc is far far far lower than the calculated KE of the meteor. This is in direct violation of our KE standards, that state KE cannot be used when the destruction contradicts the KE. You'll notice the meteor only destroys a handful of buildings, being generous that would amount to tier 7 tops. "But the strings absorbed the energy" yes but not appreciably so. In the same calc I linked, you'll notice the strings durability is calculated from the meteor's KE, and it's only High 6-C per string. Substracting High 6-C energy from 6-A energy still results in 6-A energy. So, the strings did not reduce the meteor's energy to the point where it would only destroy a handful of buildings. Meaning the calc is invalid because it violates our standards.

Calculation Rectifications
I see two ways of fixing this calc, using the same time frame for a 1 page feat, but measuring the distance we actually see to calc the KE. Or using the change in GPE of the meteor to get its energy.

If we went with the change in GPE of the meteor it would result in the following:

Meteor Energy = (3/5) * G * M_meteor * M_OPplanet * (1/(R_OPplanet + D_OPatmosphere) - 1/R_OPplanet) = (3/5) * 6.674e-11 * 172969430765 * 2.9881781e30 * (1/(1011533719.524/2) - 1/(1011533719.524/2 + 70,679,000)) = 5.017e21 J (Low 6-B)

And the strings = 0.00011545454 * 5.017e21 / 6 = 9.655e16 J (7-B) per string

Eyeballing the KE based on the visual distance in the page, it'd likely be far less than the GPE method. But considering we accept Fujitora pulls the meteors from space, the GPE method should be fine.

Conclusion
This obviously has a lot of ramifications for tiering within the verse, but I don't believe this calc fix is that complicated of a topic. Once we settle on a fix for the meteor, if it's GPE I can blog it, but if someone else has a better method we agree on they can blog it.

Edit: I forgot to add tags, sorry.

Agree: Kachon (tentatively), CGM DAMAGE (leaning agree with GPE replacement), TLLMBRG (leaning disagree with GPE replacement), CGM KLOL (no comment on GPE replacement)
Neutral: KINGTEMPEST (said whatever 🗿 I’m interpreting that as he’s fine with it)
Disagree:

Last edited:
I added in the tags for you.

EDIT: I will go through this as soon as I have time.

The first issue is one that I'm very much in agreement with. By the time the meteor is on-screen, it is indeed a lot closer than 70,000 KM. Even if the events following that can be safely assumed as 10 seconds, the entire distance that the meteor travelled cannot be assumed to be within that timeframe.

The second issue is also one that I've had doubts for, for a long while. The fact that this supposedly Continental meteor did so little destruction. This is in fact a recurring pattern for Fujitora's meteors so it can't be said to be a one-off case of the destruction not matching the meteor's calced energy. SInce our guidelines do make mention of this when it comes to KE calcs, it is a valid issue.

So all in all I have to say I'm in agreement that the current calc can't be used - though I'm not 100% sure yet about replacing it with the GPE calc. It might be okay.

Yeah more knowledgable OP goons and CGM can comment on what they think a better replacement calc is. I just put it there in good faith, wanted to fix the calc, not just remove it.

Incredibly based thread. Always thought post time skip AP was extremely weird. This would really make the scaling feel smoother honestly and makes stuff like tier 7 feats in Wano seem less weird.

I want to note that the calc resulting in Low 6-B still has issues, just not with the actual calcing method

That primally being, why would Fujitora throw a meteor that can destroy the island several times over at it?
Sure the plan was to just destroy the birdcage, but he didn’t even expect it to dice his meteor.

Any comments here that exist just to spite the OP verse will be deleted for being off-topic.

I'm in favor of this revision - but people spamming the thread with unhelpful comments are not wanted.

What does the 11.2 km/s re-entry speed yield? Just curious.
Thoughts on the OP?

I want to note that the calc resulting in Low 6-B still has issues, just not with the actual calcing method

That primally being, why would Fujitora throw a meteor that can destroy the island several times over at it?
Sure the plan was to just destroy the birdcage, but he didn’t even expect it to dice his meteor.
So you’re fine with everything but the recalc?

Well I'm going to remove the calc from the verse page now, since this seems to be concluded.

Done, unless people wanna discuss a replacement calc here this thread can be closed. There seems to be neutrality on my suggested replacement so I won't blog or apply that, but I removed the calc from the verse page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back