• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Not sure what this would count as. Gura ability or Haki ability, since it appears that Blackbeard used both.

Blackbeard managed to counter Law's devil fruit's intangibility aspect with a Haki Gura infused punch.

But the Gura Gura cracks the air and sends shockwaves, it doesn't make much sense for it to stop something with phasing properties.

So this will be a discussion on whether Busoshoku gets NPI, or Gura Gura gets NPI.

The Gura shockwaves themselves have been shown to pass through stuff (Here). The Gura bubbles themselves also seem to do this (Here).

Although I'm unsure if this alone would warrant it to be able to interact with the intangible room.

Last edited:
To play Devil's Advocate, I will point out that Law's Anesthesia has only been shown to pierce through people/objects in a non-harmful manner. We haven't seen him slicing the blade harmlessly through objects as far as I'm aware.

I don't think that the sword is completely intangible since we can see Big Mom's skin deform around the blade when he stabs her with it.

So I don't think it's solid that Blackbeard negated intangibility here.

To play Devil's Advocate, I will point out that Law's Anesthesia has only been shown to pierce through people/objects in a non-harmful manner. We haven't seen him slicing the blade harmlessly through objects as far as I'm aware.

I don't think that the sword is completely intangible since we can see Big Mom's skin deform around the blade when he stabs her with it.

So I don't think it's solid that Blackbeard negated intangibility here.
Your argument for "Blackbeard didn't negate intangibility" is "it's not intangible", when we see it go through an entire island and the ground?

It's intangible, it just has some physical properties remaining, but it's not like it can be regularly blocked or something

Your argument for "Blackbeard didn't negate intangibility" is "it's not intangible", when we see it go through an entire island and the ground?

It's intangible, it just has some physical properties remaining, but it's not like it can be regularly blocked or something
It's intangible in the sense that it can pierce someone without harming them (at least that's what we've been shown so far), but we haven't been shown that it can't be hit/blocked from the sides.

I'm not opposed to Blackbeard getting an ability for this, but I think it'd be safer for it to be a "Possibly".

It's intangible in the sense that it can pierce someone without harming them (at least that's what we've been shown so far), but we haven't been shown that it can't be hit/blocked from the sides.

I'm not opposed to Blackbeard getting an ability for this, but I think it'd be safer for it to be a "Possibly".
There'd need to be proof of that before we can say "possibly". We can't just give it a random weakness it has never shown.

There'd need to be proof of that before we can say "possibly". We can't just give it a random weakness it has never shown.
Well, the proof is that we saw Blackbeard clash against it with a physical strike.

It's possible that the blade should have intangibly passed through him and he used some other ability derived from his Haki or Devil Fruits to negate it.

It's also possible that the Anasthesia technique doesn't work like that, and Blackbeard stopped it normally.

Which is why I think the best middleground is to give Blackbeard the "Possibly" ability, and until we get more info we define it as definitely Haki or his Devil Fruits, but just an ability.

I honestly see where Damage is coming from. The sword itself isn't fully intangible evident but Law still being able to utilize it via grabbing the hilt. Probably better to say that the blade itself is tangible, whereas the hilt and such as still physical.

Aside from that I can also see the argument being made that Teach simply nullified Law's spatial based intangible sword via the Yami Yami No Mi. He's done the same thing to other forms of intangibility / Phasing abilities (Elemental and vibrations based on him being able to nullify effects from the Gura Gura.)

Ohhh. At first I was confused by this message but that was because I read it wrong. Whoops lol.

Basically what you’re saying is that Law’s sword may have shown some intangible properties when piercing somebody but it hasn’t shown to be like able to phase through someone’s hand if they tried to grab it right. Like if I tried to grab Law’s sword there’s no evidence it would just phase through my hand in the same way if Law tried to pierce me with said sword if I understand the argument correctly.

Shouldn't we just give BB this ability until we see if other Haki users can counter this Awakening?

Although I will say since Buso Haki has already been established to be capable of nulling DF powers to an extent and is commonly known to be capable of nulling the elemental intangibility of Logias so it could warrant a possibly.

But the Gura Gura has no known precedence like that nor is it implied to be capable of this based on what the devil fruit actually is(quakes) I don't think it should be included at least for now.

And since as far as we know Anastasia is just Law adding the effects of his room onto an object to pierce but not harm them without his awakening's additional abilities to attack them from the inside, it should be a form of intangibility.

IMO, we give the ability to BB, we give it a possibly for Buso, and the Gura Gura doesn't get anything for now.

Last edited:
Aside from that I can also see the argument being made that Teach simply nullified Law's spatial based intangible sword via the Yami Yami No Mi. He's done the same thing to other forms of intangibility / Phasing abilities (Elemental and vibrations based on him being able to nullify effects from the Gura Gura.)
I disagree with him using the darkness fruit in that instance. If that was the case Law's sword would've shrunk back to normal size, lost its aura just like WB's fist and BB's quake would have overpowered Law right there & then.

Last edited:
Gura Gura doesn't make MUCH sense.
But Haki has been shown to solidify intangible things, and Yami Yami can just negate the spatial intangibility via its nullification. Not sure what to attribute it to, but I'm leaning towards Haki since the fist is coated in it and the vortex only comes in after

Last edited:
1064-009.jpg

(Ignore the red square)
Come to think of it, is there solid proof that this is due to him using Armament?
I mean, the sword doesn't seem to have really hit his arm, and we've seen this with similar clashes (i.e Sickbeard punching Akainu's magma fist)

1064-009.jpg

(Ignore the red square)
Come to think of it, is there solid proof that this is due to him using Armament?
I mean, the sword doesn't seem to have really hit his arm, and we've seen this with similar clashes (i.e Sickbeard punching Akainu's magma fist)
That red square actually kinda useful here, the SFX used is for stuff like swords clashing so in this case BB's hand hardened with Koka clashing with Law's sword.

If it was the Gura clashing with the sword idk if it would make a sound like that.

That red square actually kinda useful here, the SFX used is for stuff like swords clashing so in this case BB's hand hardened with Koka clashing with Law's sword.

If it was the Gura clashing with the sword idk if it would make a sound like that.
Well, true that..

Damage is still thinking.
Hard working man right there.
(Not rushing you with the sarcasm, just wanted to make a joke)
Oh. I forgot this thread was a thing.

Anyway, my original suggestion for this was to give Blackbeard himself "Likely Non-Physical Interaction" and not say that it is definitely an aspect of Haki yet until we get further confirmation.

Oh. I forgot this thread was a thing.

Anyway, my original suggestion for this was to give Blackbeard himself "Likely Non-Physical Interaction" and not say that it is definitely an aspect of Haki yet until we get further confirmation.
I mean... From what he currently know, it can only be from haki tho...

We even see the haki clash which confirms haki was in use

Likely Non-Physical Interaction for haki page makes much more sense otherwise

But 🤷‍♂️

I mean... From what he currently know, it can only be from haki tho...

We even see the haki clash which confirms haki was in use

Likely Non-Physical Interaction for haki page makes much more sense otherwise

But 🤷‍♂️
Agreed. Like Haki's already been shown to be capable of negating the elemental intangibility of Logia fruits and negate resistances, so it really doesn't seem like much of a stretch to assume that it would have non-physical interaction as well, especially if now there exists some solid proof that it does have non-physical interaction properties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back