• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Sanji Ifrit Jambe Justification Fix

Currently, Sanji's profile uses the following justifications for Ifrit Jambe:

even higher with Ifrit Jambe (Ifrit Jambe is a combination of his physical strength, enhanced speed, Vinsmoke exoskeleton, and Busōshoku Haki)

And although this isn't necessarily wrong in the context of when he used it against Queen in chapter 1034, it implies that Ifrit Jambe can only be used in conjunction with his enhanced speed, which is wrong.

In the panel where this justification comes from (found here), Sanji states that he would use his Enhanced Speed and Exoskeleton Muscle in order to increase his kicking power, "All of which increase strength." he goes on to explain how he conjures Ifrit. "Add the Color of Armament Haki I've developed to the Exoskeleton, and my legs are tougher, capable of supporting even hotter flames!!!"

The first part (Speed and Muscle) was added to Ifrit (flames that require Buso and Exoskeleton to prevent Sanji from melting) to achieve maximum effectiveness in defeating Queen.

Sanji's justification for Ifrit Jambe should instead look like this:

even higher with Ifrit Jambe (Ifrit Jambe is a combination of his Vinsmoke Exoskeleton, and Busōshoku Haki making his legs tough enough to withstand its heat)

We can either use my suggestion or a modified version of it, or we can completely remove it. This is because the Exoskeleton and Busō only served the purpose of protecting Sanji's legs and not enhancing his kicking power. Alternatively, we could also consider modifying the justification in the following manner:

even higher with Ifrit Jambe (Ifrit Jambe is a stronger form of Diable Jambe, meaning that its effects should be the same as the latter, but to a a greater extent)

Then you read the panel and still think enhanced speed isn't needed for IJ.
There's no point to IJ if he doesn't amp his speed as well.
Whole point is that he blitzes you with hotter flames.
if you can still react to it then he's just wasting stamina making hotter flames.

Considering he only moved AFTER creating IJ, I won't say anything relating to whether or not it increases his speed.
But I do agree with the justification change. Not sure if the first or second since contextually they're the same? I don't see a big difference between either tbh

If I'm reading this correctly the proposal is that:
Enhanced speed isn't needed for IJ.
Haki and the Exoskeleton are in it but not used to increase anything besides his flame resistance.
Not sure though because of this:
In the panel where this justification comes from (found here), Sanji states that he would use his Enhanced Speed and Exoskeleton Muscle in order to increase his kicking power,
We can either use my suggestion or a modified version of it, or we can completely remove it. This is because the Exoskeleton and Busō only served the purpose of protecting Sanji's legs and not enhancing his kicking power. Alternatively, we could also consider modifying the justification in the following manner:

image.png

I agree but I would make it...

even higher with Ifrit Jambe (Ifrit Jambe is an enhanced version of his Diable Jambe that combines his Vinsmoke Exoskeleton and Busōshoku Haki to make his legs durable enough to withstand its increased heat, its damage can be further increased as he accelerates.)

Last edited:
Yeah I like that better.
Though I feel it'd be obvious that damage increases as he accelerates, that's basic physics iirc.

I'm a tad confused with it but I might agree.. Dunno yet.
From what I understand it's just specifying in the profile that IJ can be formed with Buso and the Exo alone(which makes sense since those are the only things Sanji specified needing to be able to create a fire that hot) and that his top speeds just further amp it.

From what I understand it's just specifying in the profile that IJ can be formed with Buso and the Exo alone(which makes sense since those are the only things Sanji specified needing to be able to create a fire that hot) and that his top speeds just further amp it.
I always thought it was from friction due to how fast he's going, like Red Hawk.
But that might make sense too.

I always thought it was from friction due to how fast he's going, like Red Hawk.
But that might make sense too.
I mean nowadays Sanji has made Diable Jambe and Hell's Memories while he was standing still so it's more than just friction. It seems like he can just set himself ablaze which even Queen pointed out in their fight was weird. If it could be explained with just friction people in verse wouldn't see it as some weird thing that Sanji does.

If you ask me it's something like Judge getting him artificial DF powers on top of his modifications like Vegapunk did but somehow without the weaknesses of water, which explains his siblings' powers.

I mean nowadays Sanji has made Diable Jambe and Hell's Memories while he was standing still so it's more than just friction. It seems like he can just set himself ablaze which even Queen pointed out in their fight was weird. If it could be explained with just friction people in verse wouldn't see it as some weird thing that Sanji does.
That + the cigarette thing when he was talking about with Bege, literally set it on fire without even touching.

If you ask me it's something like Judge getting him artificial DF powers on top of his modifications like Vegapunk did but somehow without the weaknesses of water, which explains his siblings' powers.
or some Lunarian properties. Enhanced durability + fire manipulation seems pretty suspicious.

Back