• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Yamato CRT

Absolutely not. Yamato tried to transform only, and I mean only after Luffy took out their cuffs. They do it immediately when faced with an enemy too.
No, were introduced to Yamato only after they met Luffy. Who fought people who weren't worth their fruit power.

Yamato only used her fruit power when they were losing against Sasaki and against Kaidou onwards, there is nothing in the story stating or even hinting this is the first time she's used her fruit.

No, were introduced to Yamato only after they met Luffy. Who fought people who weren't worth their fruit power.

Yamato only used her fruit power when they were losing against Sasaki and against Kaidou onwards, there is nothing in the story stating or even hinting this is the first time she's used her fruit.
No, I have no problem with saying this is Yamato's second, third, fourth use, I do not care.
What I have a problem with is you claiming the seastone meant to restrict Yamato's strength and not let them leave somehow allows them to transform.
No. This is honestly bullshit.

No he didn't, the fruit wasn't intended for them but they ate it anyways and both of them learned they had eaten the fruit.

Yamato's seastone cuffs just aren't strong enough to stop them from transforming then. There is nothing in the story even suggesting that this is the first time they've used their fruit.
When did i say he intended it for her? I said he didn't want her to use it freely after all he had to get thru to find the fruit. He could been informed by his underlings that she ate it. Say she had it for a few years before Oden's excecution or whatever, she still had no kanabo or fighting style at that time. She still has nowhere near the time to make the DF stronger like Kaido when the handcuffs came into play.

If that's really the case why didn't she use the ice infused attacks on Ace, the perfect elemetal counter & tie-breaker since her armament alone was strong enough to clash evenly with his fire? Or transforming in order to overpower him?
Upscale to what? 1.032 PT isn't high enough to upscale to anything. Which opponents did Whitebeard us two quakes on and why is it relevant.

I never once claimed he was "completely casual" but the fact that he's overpowering her with less than half the force he's capable of shows that she's not physically his equal regardless of how he fights.
Who's talking about him using 2 quakes? I said he used his bisento with one hand(no devil fruit) to counter 1 of Akainu named attacks while enemy like Shanks & Oden forced him to use both hands making old WB upscale from Akainu even without quakes.

Again i didn't say they're equal. I thought one armed kanabo=half his strength, why should it be less? She did manage to break that one-armed guard once.
That's not how it works. Again you're equating blocking to mean they're relative in AP while directly ignoring the on screen proof of their AP being compared and showing Yamato to be directly inferior.

What proof do you have of a haki clash, that occurs even when there is just one individual using Haki. A clash of Haoshoku also isn't relevant since this is regarding their hybrid and base physical ratings not Hao.
Already agreed she's weaker, just not by a huge margin.

Both of their silhouettes being in the center of the lightning when we get a zoom in. Because both of them get a simular boost from haki.
Who claimed it was a 3.5 times difference, the point of this CRT is to show that they aren't equal in physicals in hybrid this the justification for base is invalid.
If the difference isn't as big as that, then she still somewhat relative to him.
There isn't evidence of Base Yamato being comparable to Hybrid Yamato, just an assumption you've made because you're assuming Yamato has never used their fruit before.

Hybrid Yamato < Hybrid Kaidou w/one arm < Hybrid Kaidou w/two arms.

They aren't that comparable like you're claiming. Actually it's a great comparison, having his bones be destroyed just proves his durability isn't that high, but if we took blocking an attack to mean they have relative AP it would mean base Zoro's AP is relative to the combined force of two Yonko.
Or her having used it way less than Kaido who ~4 decades of expirience getting a lower amp+2 feats on panel. And you're assuming she can transform with handcuffs on.

She had the power to match a 2-handed Thunder Bagua with own & needed the ice armor to increase her durability,not strength. She blocked his attacks physically 9 times in his hybrid on panel. Also they literally detransformed at the same time & his flame cloud under the island started to weaken after that fight.
Both clashed with one arm, that's why they're equals (you can't even provide evidence for why this is a one hand clash)
I said BM used both hands just before the clash, not during it & Kaido literally had his hands covered in that shot. The anime made it clear with them using the same amount of hands in the clash.

Last edited:
While it is true that Hybrid Kaidou's Bolo Breath and Hybrid Yamato's Namuji Hyoga matched equally the same definitely can't be said for their physicals which as highlighted by Kaidou's vivre card is the main attribute that is increased in this specific state. Yamato in multiple instances was blatantly overpowered rather casually when it came to physical clashes:
So his Hybrid form heavily amps his physicals more than other things? As in, it amps it more than other zoans would?

I don't think this would mean like, literally anything for Yamato's base in terms of scaling. If base Yamato has scaling putting them as comparable to base Kaidou, you can use it.

Only thing this would really tell us is Hybrid Kaidou > Hybrid Yamato, so I agree with your CRT. They COULD be equal in base if base Yamato has feats of it but Yamato got cucked a lot by Kaidou, who has a specifically physically strong Hybrid form, but this doesn't confirm anything.

Does Yamato have feats of scaling to Kaidou's base or no?

Wait a sec: Base Yamato hurt Dragon Momo, whose durability should scale to his 6-A AP that hurt Dragon Kaido and Greenbull
Not to mention her blocking Hybrid Kaido's attack meant for the 6-A Dragon Momonosuke means her base should be weaker but still comparable to some extent to Hybrid Kaido

No, I have no problem with saying this is Yamato's second, third, fourth use, I do not care.
What I have a problem with is you claiming the seastone meant to restrict Yamato's strength and not let them leave somehow allows them to transform.
No. This is honestly bullshit.
Those seastone handcuffs weren't used to restrict Yamato's strength, the explosives inside were meant to stop them from leaving the island.

These handcuffs were put on Yamatl when they were 8 and didn't have devil fruit powers and thus wouldn't have been weakened at the time anyways, the amount of seastone in there is such a low percentage that even Luffy could freely touch them and not feel any effect.

So his Hybrid form heavily amps his physicals more than other things? As in, it amps it more than other zoans would?
It amps his physicals, it can be likely assumed it doesn't amp his element powers as much based on his perform against Luffy in hybrid and zoan.

I'm not sure it amps him more than other zoans, the Vivre card was just stating that he is stronger in Hybrid than he is without, which is something that's true for all Zoans when it comes to pure physical strength.
I don't think this would mean like, literally anything for Yamato's base in terms of scaling. If base Yamato has scaling putting them as comparable to base Kaidou, you can use it.

Only thing this would really tell us is Hybrid Kaidou > Hybrid Yamato, so I agree with your CRT. They COULD be equal in base if base Yamato has feats of it but Yamato got cucked a lot by Kaidou, who has a specifically physically strong Hybrid form, but this doesn't confirm anything.
Yeah this is basically the point of the CRT, I don't have an issue with saying Base Yamato is Kaidou level if they had feat but the current justification based on Hybrid isn't correct.
Does Yamato have feats of scaling to Kaidou's base or no?
None really, she has feats to others but her regular base physicals don't have feats scaling to Base Kaidou.
Again i didn't say they're equal. I thought one armed kanabo=half his strength, why should it be less? She did manage to break that one-armed guard once.
Hand scaling via a multiplier is gone now, so Yamato would still scale to the same value but the actual justification and scaling chain would make her weaker just not by any direct value.

She did, and it was when she enhanced her physical strength with ice powers, I'm not denying her two feats with ice powers.

Those seastone handcuffs weren't used to restrict Yamato's strength, the explosives inside were meant to stop them from leaving the island.

These handcuffs were put on Yamatl when they were 8 and didn't have devil fruit powers and thus wouldn't have been weakened at the time anyways, the amount of seastone in there is such a low percentage that even Luffy could freely touch them and not feel any effect.
We quite literally do not know when Yamato got their DF power.
Luffy has some resistance to seastone.

And I do not care, Seastone hinders one's Devil Fruit power, that's the standard, you require proof to claim otherwise. For as long as Yamato had the cuffs, they couldn't have possibly used their Devil Fruit. That's a fact unless proven otherwise.

We quite literally do not know when Yamato got their DF power.
Luffy has some resistance to seastone.
Why does that matter, when this was the claim you made which is ultimately false, the exploding handcuffs if she left the island was what was keeping her there.
What I have a problem with is you claiming the seastone meant to restrict Yamato's strength and not let them leave
Luffy's resistance to seastone still greatly weakens him and he notices it when it happens. He can't even use Haki when making contact.
qaBuXRQ.png

Yet with Yamato's "seastone" cuffs which function exactly like the exploding collar's (no seastone) he was freely able to use haki and made no mention of getting weaker.
And I do not care, Seastone hinders one's Devil Fruit power, that's the standard, you require proof to claim otherwise. For as long as Yamato had the cuffs, they couldn't have possibly used their Devil Fruit. That's a fact unless proven otherwise.
There's not much evidence for seastone being there in the first place and is contradicted by other devil fruit users who made contact with her handcuffs.
9aDQRkH.png
9fAezvA.png
BBshX5U.png

That + Kaido said it himself he didn't want her to use the DF so the hadncuffs weren't just for keeping her in the island.
He didn't say that.
FeMlOWa.png

Last edited:
Wasn't there a Vivre card that confirmed that her cuff was seastone, which should've suppressed her devil fruit power? I'm getting confused here.

I'm not allowed to change my opinion after several months then I guess.
If you already agree with Yamato having Seastone Cuffs in the first place, then this is a moot point and you still require evidence to prove she can just bypass the DF restriction of the cuffs. And what do you mean "not a lot of evidence"? It's literally stated in the Vivre Cards.
I never looked into it strongly, I took the VC statement as fact and went with it. Looked into it and considering Luffy is literally unable to use haki when in contact with even weakened cuffs it heavily suggests that they aren't made of seastone. Being stated in the vivre cards doesn't mean that is is 100% accurate, those same vivre cards didn't list Yamato as a user of haoshoku haki and still don't to this day.

If the vivre card information is contradicted by the story I'm likely not to consider it strong evidence.
Wasn't there a Vivre card that confirmed that her cuff was seastone, which should've suppressed her devil fruit power? I'm getting confused here.
It states that, but we also know devil fruit users can't use haki when in contact with even weakened seastone.

Last edited:
I'm not allowed to change my opinion after several months then I guess.

I never looked into it strongly, I took the VC statement as fact and went with it. Looked into it and considering Luffy is literally unable to use haki when in contact with even weakened cuffs it heavily suggests that they aren't made of seastone. Being stated in the vivre cards doesn't mean that is is 100% accurate, those same vivre cards didn't list Yamato as a user of haoshoku haki and still don't to this day.
that's omitted information, not contradictory information.
If the vivre card information is contradicted by the story I'm likely not to consider it strong evidence.
Let me put in a way that's respectful but also direct.

We currently accept that Yamato was using Seastone handcuffs based on the VC statement. Thus, for 20 years, Yamato has not used her DF unless we have sufficient evidence to believe otherwise.

Also, can't Luffy use Haoshoku and Kenbun while using the cuffs?

We currently accept that Yamato was using Seastone handcuffs based on the VC statement. Thus, for 20 years, Yamato has not used her DF unless we have sufficient evidence to believe otherwise.
I'll make a thread at a later date regarding those handcuffs being seastone then.
Also, can't Luffy use Haoshoku and Kenbun while using the cuffs?
He cannot, those instances were after Queen removed the seastone handcuffs and put on a prison collar (the same thing Yamato has referred but referred to as Prison shackles).

But what I'm referring to is buso, Luffy can't use buso when in contact with even low tier seastone but he showed no issue using it to remove her handcuffs.

Couldn't his haki & seastone resistance, like, just have gotten much stronger from the beginning of Udon to pre-Rooftop? He was constantly training & fighting during that time period after all.

That was true at the time they fought each other. The problem is; that's Ace before getting good feats from training with WB & a weaker Yamato from 4 years ago.

He cannot, those instances were after Queen removed the seastone handcuffs and put on a prison collar (the same thing Yamato has referred but referred to as Prison shackles).
I see.
But what I'm referring to is buso, Luffy can't use buso when in contact with even low tier seastone but he showed no issue using it to remove her handcuffs.
Seastone has no direct effect on Haki, the only reason why a DF user loses their ability to use Haki is because their stamina is sapped from them. Not only is Luffy stronger than he was when he was in prison, where he already had a very significant resistance to the substance, but it's also possible that the seastone cuff Yamato uses simply doesn't weaken them to the point where they can't use Haki.

I can prove to you that, you, Emin, don't even believe this is a contradiction with a simple question.

Would a non-DF user lose their ability to use Haki by coming in contact with Seastone handcuffs? If the answer is no, then there is no contradiction present, because, as I said, the only reason it happens to DF users is due to the weakening effect.

Luffy using Haki isn't an anti-feat for the cuffs, it's just a merit and a feat of resistance by a much, much stronger Luffy.

I don't think it's fair for you to make a thread to remove Yamato's Seastone resistances, and the fact we consider them Seastone handcuffs because "well, Luffy used Haki".

I don't think it's fair for you to make a thread to remove Yamato's Seastone resistances, and the fact we consider them Seastone handcuffs because "well, Luffy used Haki".
Yamato gets seastone resistances from hao scaling in the first place due to being an advanced hao user. Their justification isn't for the handcuffs.
Seastone has no direct effect on Haki, the only reason why a DF user loses their ability to use Haki is because their stamina is sapped from them. Not only is Luffy stronger than he was when he was in prison, where he already had a very significant resistance to the substance, but it's also possible that the seastone cuff Yamato uses simply doesn't weaken them to the point where they can't use Haki.
If the seastone was so weak that Haki was still effective and seemingly so weak that Luffy didn't even notice it was seastone then there isn't an argument in the first place that Yamato can't use their fruit. DF users can't use their fruit powers in seastone (or the ocean) due to the stamina drain, the same reason as haki, so assuming this seastone was so much weaker than the ones in udon that it's not even noticed then there isn't a strong argument to claim Yamato not using their fruit.
Luffy using Haki isn't an anti-feat for the cuffs, it's just a merit and a feat of resistance by a much, much stronger Luffy.
It isn't just Haki, both Luffy and Ace (with his fruit) made contact with Yamato's cuffs and made no mention of it weakening them; the idea that seastone has no effect on a DF user is unproven and can't simply be claimed because Luffy got stronger, a reminder that Shikki, Big Mom and Marco were all still effected by seastone and were aware of it when in contact.

Yamato gets seastone resistances from hao scaling in the first place due to being an advanced hao user. Their justification isn't for the handcuffs.
You can't and shouldn't scale resistances.
If the seastone was so weak that Haki was still effective and seemingly so weak that Luffy didn't even notice it was seastone then there isn't an argument in the first place that Yamato can't use their fruit. DF users can't use their fruit powers in seastone (or the ocean) due to the stamina drain, the same reason as haki, so assuming this seastone was so much weaker than the ones in udon that it's not even noticed then there isn't a strong argument to claim Yamato not using their fruit.

It isn't just Haki, both Luffy and Ace (with his fruit) made contact with Yamato's cuffs and made no mention of it weakening them; the idea that seastone has no effect on a DF user is unproven and can't simply be claimed because Luffy got stronger, a reminder that Shikki, Big Mom and Marco were all still effected by seastone and were aware of it when in contact.
Luffy got stronger and the Seastone was not in great quantities. Using characters being affected by what would be a stronger cuff is a non-issue. Nope. The material is stated to directly nullify Devil Fruit users abilities due to the energy of the sea, this is a power system weakness, it is not a consequence of stamina depletion, unlike Haki,band it's in effect regardless of the tangents.

Drained stamina doesn't nullify a Devil Fruit's power, Law's being the only Devil Fruit which uses the user's stamina directly, a tired Luffy won't suddenly stop stretching, a tired Enel won't be unable to turn into lightning. Point proven by Luffy not being tired in Udon (at the beginning/after getting used to the cuffs) but still not being able to stretch. So yeah, weaker seastone still has it's baseline effects at play, and again, you'd be the one to prove otherwise.

You can't and shouldn't scale resistances.
Haoshoku scales via willpower which is what the resistance is based on, that's already accepted.
Luffy got stronger and the Seastone was not in great quantities. Using characters being affected by what would be a stronger cuff is a non-issue. Nope. The material is stated to directly nullify Devil Fruit users abilities due to the energy of the sea, this is a power system weakness, it is not a consequence of stamina depletion, unlike Haki,band it's in effect regardless of the tangents.

Drained stamina doesn't nullify a Devil Fruit's power, Law's being the only Devil Fruit which uses the user's stamina directly, a tired Luffy won't suddenly stop stretching, a tired Enel won't be unable to turn into lightning. Point proven by Luffy not being tired in Udon (at the beginning/after getting used to the cuffs) but still not being able to stretch. So yeah, weaker seastone still has it's baseline effects at play, and again, you'd be the one to prove otherwise.
Luffy being stronger isn't the issue, sea stone drains his strength so him being in direct contact implies that it's so weak he no sells it (thus a haoshoku infusion user like Yamato would be immune to it to an even greater effect)

Devil fruit powers aren't nullified by sea stone or water, they're drained of their strength to even use them. Luffy in Udon is supposed to be struggling to even move with that level of sea stone but due to his willpower he's able to use some of his strength (It was noted by either him or Kid that they're weaker than they were) this lack of strength is why he can neither use his fruit powers or Haki (but is able to walk and use a minor amount of strength).
LUqqbc2.png
ShDFW0B.png

If Luffy and Ace felt no effects from seastone he would effectively be losing no strength by being in contact with them, allowing him to both use haki and his devil fruit freely.

Last edited:
Haoshoku scales via willpower which is what the resistance is based on, that's already accepted.

Luffy being stronger isn't the issue, sea stone drains his strength so him being in direct contact implies that it's so weak he no sells it (thus a haoshoku infusion user like Yamato would be immune to it to an even greater effect)
He is literally not "affected" by the seastone, and still can't stretch. He can work, walk, move GIGANTIC STUFF, and the minions even go as far as joke about seastone even affecting them at all.
He has more than enough energy and shape to use his DF powers if he could. It just nullifies their use of it.
Devil fruit powers aren't nullified by sea stone or water, they're drained of their strength to even use them. Luffy in Udon is supposed to be struggling to even move with that level of sea stone but due to his willpower he's able to use some of his strength (It was noted by either him or Kid that they're weaker than they were) this lack of strength is why he can neither use his fruit powers or Haki (but is able to walk and use a minor amount of strength).
LUqqbc2.png
ShDFW0B.png

If Luffy and Ace felt no effects from seastone he would effectively be losing no strength by being in contact with them, allowing him to both use haki and his devil fruit freely.
It does. The user can't use their power on their own. Luffy still has a rubber body but he cannot stretch on his own. Yamato still has Zoan durability and regeneration/stamina, but can't transform on their own.

Ok, let's look at Base Yamato's feats:

1. While inferior to Hybrid Kaido, blocked an attack from him, and since that attack was meant for 6-A Dragon momo, we know Kaido wasn't pulling his punches.

2. Hurt Dragon Momo, who as mentioned has 6-A durability.

Seems like we can just keep her blocking Hybrid Kaido and replace the zoan fruit stuff with her hurting Momo.

Hand scaling via a multiplier is gone now, so Yamato would still scale to the same value but the actual justification and scaling chain would make her weaker just not by any direct value.

She did, and it was when she enhanced her physical strength with ice powers, I'm not denying her two feats with ice powers.
Aside from the number of hands, there's also Ulti mocking handcuffed Yamato's Thunder Bagua as 4 triagrams, instead of 8.

And they would get an simular boost AP from the breath attacks & haoshoku haki clashes since they're using simular techniques.
Ace's arm isn't even touching the seastone cuffs but the kanabo. The flames are redirected from the weapon sideways, 1 of her hands is cleary untouched by the fire while the other hand is behind the fire. If it was inside the fire we would have seen the hand or a shadow of it like we do with other character corvered with fire like angry Sanji, Burgess, BB, the rest of the crew gang, Raizo, Curiel, Luffy, Kaido etc. Even if the redirected flames would touch the cuffs it wouldn't weaken Ace as materials produced by a DF power can still make contact to seastone without weaking the user as long as their bodies aren't making contact with it. Like Mr.3's wax keys unlocking the seastone cuffs & Doflamingo's strings pushing a Slime Factory with outerwalls made by seastone. Shiki was already beaten by Garp+Sengoku, tortured for 2 weeks in Impel Down & in a bad mood before we see him in the cell. Marco had to check his hand to confirm he was cuffed by seastone & was still on his feet before Kizaru shot him. Big Mom, the most exposed one to seastone, was acting chill.
Ok, let's look at Base Yamato's feats:

1. While inferior to Hybrid Kaido, blocked an attack from him, and since that attack was meant for 6-A Dragon momo, we know Kaido wasn't pulling his punches.

2. Hurt Dragon Momo, who as mentioned has 6-A durability.

Seems like we can just keep her blocking Hybrid Kaido and replace the zoan fruit stuff with her hurting Momo.
Wouldn't her base have gotten stronger after the hybrid fight thanks to AD? Several people in the verse get it from growing stronger in intense battles, she already mentions her beatdowns from Kaido in the past strengthening her & this could be another instance of that. Not only her base AP but also speed is better as she avoided a Bolo Breath & hit base Kaido almost as fast as Snakeman who fought Kaido's other forms.

Last edited:
X-Drake scaling it is.

Or better yet, how about not indexing their striking strength in the AP whatsoever? They certainly depend almost entirely on their Haoshoku Infused attacks, so just index that since they have so many more feats with it.

Furthermore, we can leave the striking strength as "at least X or Unknown, 6-A with Haoshoku Coating".

Still, I'm looking through all the chapters in the raid, starting from Chapter 972, I'm currently at Chapter 1019, if Yamato has anything else, I'll find it eventually.

X-Drake scaling it is.

Or better yet, how about not indexing their striking strength in the AP whatsoever? They certainly depend almost entirely on their Haoshoku Infused attacks, so just index that since they have so many more feats with it.

Furthermore, we can leave the striking strength as "at least X or Unknown, 6-A with Haoshoku Coating".

Still, I'm looking through all the chapters in the raid, starting from Chapter 972, I'm currently at Chapter 1019, if Yamato has anything else, I'll find it eventually.
So Yamato in base is getting downgraded to Scabbard level?

Sorry, what I meant to ask was whether her base would be downgraded to 760 teratons even though her zoan forms are the same?
Physically, Hybrid Yamato is somewhat weaker than Hybrid Kaidou, but still somewhat comparable. Base Yamato shouldn't be downscaled to 760 Teratons because Base Kaidou is stronger than the 1 Petaton feat. As in, Base Yamato should be weaker, but relative, to Base Kaidou

Base Kaidou ~ Whitebeard/Yonkou level >> Fujitora's 1 Petaton feat

Physically, Hybrid Yamato is somewhat weaker than Hybrid Kaidou, but still somewhat comparable. Base Yamato shouldn't be downscaled to 760 Teratons because Base Kaidou is stronger than the 1 Petaton feat. As in, Base Yamato should be weaker, but relative, to Base Kaidou

Base Kaidou ~ Whitebeard/Yonkou level >> Fujitora's 1 Petaton feat
I see...

So base Yamato remains 1 petaton due to being probably =< base Kaido...

Ok then, I think that works.

Just a small note related to Kaidou's base form:

Attack Potency: Continent level (Able to match a furious Oden blow for blow. Fought and matched Big Mom[2]. He was stated to be one of the few people that can stop Blackbeard[3], implying he would be able to clash with the Gura Gura no Mi, the strongest Paramecia Devil Fruit, making it stronger than Fujitora's Zushi Zushi no Mi)

Regarding the latter part:

He was stated to be one of the few people that can stop Blackbeard[3], implying he would be able to clash with the Gura Gura no Mi, the strongest Paramecia Devil Fruit, making it stronger than Fujitora's Zushi Zushi no Mi

Why is this justification used for base Kaidou? The statement from the Five Elders doesn't imply this means Kaidou without his Devil Fruit powers / full range of Haki powers.

So from what I can tell, Base Yamato's justification will look something like this:

Should be comparable to Base Kaido.

The Ulti and G2+3 stuff just seems irrelevant since she's a 6-A and they're both just High 6-C.

Back