• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: God Tier Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, that was pretty much my argument earlier in the thread.

Unless there's anything new here, I believe this thread should be closed.
Yes.

And to clarify to everyone else why this is a problem:

Example:
  • Say you're seated on a stadium that's 300 meters across.
  • However, you're so close to the field, your vision only covers 50 meters of it.
  • Someone throws a baseball so fast that you can't even perceive it, and it crosses the 300 meters.
  • That means the ball had to move faster than 1/60th of a second in those 50 meters of your field of vision, not necessarily the total distance crossed.
This is exactly what's happening with Saitama's feat. You're using the total distance he moved, and then using a timeframe derived from Garou's perspective. However Garou's perspective does not cover the total distance crossed.

Yes.

And to clarify to everyone else why this is a problem:

Example:
  • Say you're seated on a stadium that's 300 meters across.
  • However, you're so close to the field, your vision only covers 50 meters of it.
  • Someone throws a baseball so fast that you can't even perceive it, and it crosses the 300 meters.
  • That means the ball had to move faster than 1/60th of a second in those 50 meters of your field of vision, not necessarily the total distance crossed.
This is exactly what's happening with Saitama's feat. You're using the total distance he moved, and then using a timeframe derived from Garou's perspective. However Garou's perspective does not cover the total distance crossed.
Still fast enough to blitz JJK

I've got no objections to closing this

Okay. It's been over 4 months since it started, it appears to have been fully rejected. I'll be closing this now. If anything new comes up for the calc or the feat, a fresh CRT can be created to address it.

Well FF's ninja fight objectively had them statuing rock explosions caused by their own movements to the point where said explosions were drawn exactly the same over several pages. Earth's gravity is ~9 times heavier than IO's, not accounting for the fact that the rocks were well above IO's surface meaning gravity would be decreasing with distance (granted it's almost irrelevant at these speeds.)

Garou and the rocks were flying upwards (depicted by Garou's obvious movement plus the artistic lines drawn) then suddenly had no evidence of upward movement in the very next panel when Saitama started to blitz him. Unless we believe that several pages of consistent upward MFTL ejection speed suddenly came to a halt or near-stop in one panel, the rocks would be fundamentally stationary from Saitama's viewpoint even aside from the fact that he was leaving after-images. Those explosions already scale above the moving rock speed.
Since you seemed to want a response to this, but the thread's locked (and I don't think this discussion will take too long), I'll bring it to your DMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back