• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
My calc has been accepted:

This upgrades the speed of the Mid Tiers to MHS+, Mach 5005 with the attack speed of Atomic and Golden Sperm to Sub-Relativistic+, 0.08c.

Affected characters:

• TTM MHS+ while amplified by Fubuki (Intercepted Psykos beam)
  • Psykos MHS+ (Can accompany Genos, Metal Knight who can react to its beams. Can avoid multiple TTM attacks)
  • Drive Knight MHS+ (Accompanied with Psykos)
  • Nyan MHS+ (Kept up Drive Knight)
  • Orochi At least MHS+ (Superior to Nyan)
  • Genos MHS+ (Accompanied with Psykos)
  • Black Sperm MHS+ (Kept up Genos)
  • Darkshine MHS+ (Accompanied with black sperm)
  • Atomic Samurai MHS+ (Kept up Black Sperm), Sub-Relativistic+ with attack speed, higher with Sun Blade
  • Bang MHS+ (Could deflect all of Darkshine's blows. Atomic considers it fast)
  • Pre-Awakened Garou MHS+ (Oppressed Darkshine)
  • Vomited Fuhrer Ugly MHS+ (Reacted to Darkshine)
  • Golden Sperm At least Sub-Relativistic+ (Blocked Atomic Samurai's sword attack while amplified by the Sun Blade)
If I'm forgetting anyone else, let me know.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t AS be “higher with sun blade” and GS should be “higher” or “atleast”?

TTM doesn’t really need to be listed here since he was amped, but otherwise this seems fine.

I agree with everything besides GS one. Blocking AS like that should only scale to his movement speed. He just moved to front of him. It is not like he reacted to his slashes otherwise he would just catch his sword from the beginning instead of having multiple cuts on his body.

Last edited:
I agree with everything besides GS one. Blocking AS like that should only scale to his movement speed. He just to in front of him. It is not like he reacted to his slashes otherwise he would just catch his sword from the beginning instead of having multiple cuts on his body.
A bit odd to have sub-rel movement speed but no reaction or combat speed (Especially for someone that doesn't use flight) but I suppose your claim isn't wrong.

Also I mostly came to this thread to talk about the misplacement of the hyphen in the title. Why must you be like this?

I agree with the ratings but yeah, Golden Sperm's case does seems open for more debate, from what I remember, he didn't reacted to Atomic's combat speed as he just stood there blocking his attacks

Which means he could be "At least MHS+"

Atomic samurai is sub rel in attack speed WITHOUT the sunblade. He’s even higher WITH the sunblade so wouldn’t GS scale to sub rel since AS only option was to use the sunblade…or am I tripping balls with my logic

Atomic samurai is sub rel in attack speed WITHOUT the sunblade. He’s even higher WITH the sunblade so wouldn’t GS scale to sub rel since AS only option was to use the sunblade…or am I tripping balls with my logic
Yes, but him flying over Homeless Emperor still is MHS+, even with the Sun Blade

That MHS+ movement speed is what Golden Sperm intercepted

Yes, but him flying over Homeless Emperor still is MHS+, even with the Sun Blade

That MHS+ movement speed is what Golden Sperm intercepted
Did he not intercept the atleast sub rel attack speed of AS striking. Pretty sure GS intercepted AS as he was striking down towards HE.

Did he not intercept the atleast sub rel attack speed of AS striking. Pretty sure GS intercepted AS as he was striking down towards HE.
Wait a minute, attack speed ? I missed that

Atomic's Sub Rel+ feat is actually combat speed, we only gave the current "MHS+ Attack speed" because it was done with his Atomic Slash, however that wasn't the case here, he just reacts and cuts the beam...which means keeping up with him would already be enough for an upgrade

Anyway, considering the feat as attack speed, like I said, it's given only to his Atomic Slash, his movement from Point A to Homeless Emperor still is, well, movement

Anyway, considering the feat as attack speed, like I said, it's given only to his Atomic Slash, his movement from Point A to Homeless Emperor still is, well, movement
The attack speed calc is given to him cutting the beam, his 4 normal slices were sub rel, and AS was in the same spot when he started slicing at HE to the moment GS intercepted.
AS all up in HE’s face and we see AS starting to move strictly his sword, and then we see GS intercept the sword, not AS movement but the physical swords movement which is atleast sub rel…

The attack speed calc is given to him cutting the beam, his 4 normal slices were sub rel, and AS was in the same spot when he started slicing at HE to the moment GS intercepted.
AS all up in HE’s face and we see AS starting to move strictly his sword, and then we see GS intercept the sword, not AS movement but the physical swords movement which is atleast sub rel…
I get your point, but we don't know when Golden Sperm started to move to Homeless Emperor, the manga only shows his arrival, but not his whole travel. One could say that since he didn't arrived up to the point Atomic was in his "attack speed" range, he had to be fast enough to block said attack speed but I dunno how we would chose one option or another

On the other hand, I still believe this feat could be combat speed and not attack speed, since one thing is the Atomic Slash while here he is just reacting and cutting Psykos' beam, people should discuss this

I get your point, but we don't know when Golden Sperm started to move to Homeless Emperor, the manga only shows his arrival, but not his whole travel. One could say that since he didn't arrived up to the point Atomic was in his "attack speed" range, he had to be fast enough to block said attack speed but I dunno how we would chose one option or another

On the other hand, I still believe this feat could be combat speed and not attack speed, since one thing is the Atomic Slash while here he is just reacting and cutting Psykos' beam, people should discuss this
Mhm 👌

Some of those speed descriptions are very..... unique I guess.
Black Sperm MHS+ (Capable of branding Atomic Samurai)
I wouldn't use BS zerg rushing someone as like, solid speed evidence. Especially when AS tagged him every time he attempted a attack.

I would focus more on like, Drive Knight than anything.

But we don't need to know where GS was, we have the final panel with AS going to swing his sword to hit HE, GS intercepted him there, that is, he intercepted the swing of his sword, which escalates to Sub-REL

AS marked him with his attack speed
But with that notion you would need to scale AS'a general speed to someone else to get MHS+. Which is why I said you would need to scale from Drive Knight or someone like that, rather than use AS as the speed basis.

But with that notion you would need to scale AS'a general speed to someone else to get MHS+. Which is why I said you would need to scale from Drive Knight or someone like that, rather than use AS as the speed basis.
Do you think something should be changed or is everything ok?

As an example the Low 7-B scaling is based on Genos. Everyone who is Low 7-B in some fashion scales to Genos directly or indirectly.

Them being MHS+ is fine, but Atomic Samurai, one of the fastest characters of the franchise with absurd attack speed, should not be the foundation of that rating.

As an example the Low 7-B scaling is based on Genos. Everyone who is Low 7-B in some fashion scales to Genos directly or indirectly.

Them being MHS+ is fine, but Atomic Samurai, one of the fastest characters of the franchise with absurd attack speed, should not be the foundation of that rating.
So MHS+ should only be attack speed?

But the scale isn't based on Atomic entirely, but it ends up scaling to it.
TTM can intercept Psykos' beam and Psykos can dodge a barrage of TTM launches, which scales Genos, Drive Knight, Nyan and the rest.

But the scale isn't based on Atomic entirely, but it ends up scaling to it.
TTM can intercept Psykos' beam and Psykos can dodge a barrage of TTM launches, which scales Genos, Drive Knight, Nyan and the rest.
Isn't there a contradiction here, where TTM's building throw is calced to be Mach 6.3, yet there's no issue with him chucking rubble at Mach 5005?

That's quite an extreme range of speeds.

Also, I'm assuming this is the reason that Calc Stacking isn't coming into effect for calcing TTM's throw and using that to calc Psykos' beam speed:

Using the calculated speed of a projectile to calculate the speed of a character dodging said projectile on the very same occasion is usually permitted, as long as the projectile wouldn't have changed its speed mid flight.

But wouldn't things like gravity, air resistance the building being sliced to pieces not contribute to the building's speed no longer being constant mid-flight?

It seems like a dubious chain of calcs and assumptions to justify an upgrade like this.

Isn't there a contradiction here, where TTM's building throw is calced to be Mach 6.3, yet there's no issue with him chucking rubble at Mach 5005?

That's quite an extreme range of speeds.
There's no contradiction, in the other he was playing a 6-story building and in the other there were stones his size.
Also, I'm assuming this is the reason that Calc Stacking isn't coming into effect for calcing TTM's throw and using that to calc Psykos' beam speed:

But wouldn't things like gravity, air resistance the building being sliced to pieces not contribute to the building's speed no longer being constant mid-flight?

It seems like a dubious chain of calcs and assumptions to justify an upgrade like this.
If they contributed the time would be even less, but I only used the speed at which the building reached that height.

I would change Bang to just scale to Darkshine and alter Psykos to just be scaling to people who can avoid her beams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back