• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man vs Baki (Tanktop Master vs Kaoru Hanayama)

With the OPM Tournament I got the idea of trying to put some heroes (mostly the physical types) against characters from Baki, this was the first I thought, depending if this go well then I plan to continue. Speed equalized, Low 7-B keys (though I would like to use the At least Low 7-B, but I'm not sure), Tantop Master vs Kaoru Hanayama.

TTM: 0
Kaoru: 7

Last edited:
My head hurts from reading that text lol

Ok so AP for both TTM scales to 1.22 megatons, while Hanayama scale to 5.5 megatons

While TTM does upscale from his feat, Hanayama is 4.5 time's his AP and add to the fact that Hanayama has insane dura/pain tolerance ( Musashi at full power still couldn't kill him in 10 strikes so I doubt TTM can as well) I'm going to vote Hanayama due to his AP and Dura advantage

Last edited:
... Corrected, in my defense I was probably distracted with the Zoro vs Musashi that appeared at the moment of writing the title.

They are both characters who have nothing but their raw strength to fight with, so the winner is the one who scales the highest, so Hanayama.

Unless Tanktop master's At least Low 7-B really puts him much higher.

I wouldn't say that Hanayama uses brute strength alone, at least not without method. He applies strength tactically and has plenty of techniques to better apply his strength, such as the vice grip.

That being said, yeah, pretty straightforward. I can't see Hanayama not winning this.

Votes counted, I would like to say that TTM isn't just brute force, but I don't think his skill is enough to make it something decisive, bu still is something to consider.

Yup, none of the fighters are just brainless brutes. It's just that Hanayama applies better the skills he does have than Tanktop Master does, at least from what I've seen in OPM and on the profiles.

Yeah, TTM's LS seems to be more or less 100000 times stronger than Hanayama's... We should probably reconsider this match.

That is actually a very good point. That makes the Vice Grip impossible to pull off, and one of Hanayama's greatest strength, his grip strength, almost useless. I won't say "useless" because gripping is a bit different from lifting strength, and by focusing on small areas he may still give some nasty pinches or grapple well, but he still gets trounced in any form of full-contact grappling, which TM should do.

I'm more unsure right now. Hanayama seems to be the smarter fighter, better using the skills he does have, and also the one with the greatest versatility, and arguably experience in dealing with other martial artists... But Tanktop Master has such a massive lifting strength that it gets unfunny.

I still think Hanayama wins because he is also stronger, and on a slugfest he may end up winning especially by applying his skillset and greater stamina, but Tanktop Master can win quite easily if he gets a good grapple.

Considering that the difference in skill isn't great enough to prevent that TTM have a grasp and the difference in normal strength isn't also great enough to finish unilaterally TTM, added to the fighting style of Kaoru, I actually see plenty possible that he could win.

Considering that the difference in skill isn't great enough to prevent that TTM have a grasp and the difference in normal strength isn't also great enough to finish unilaterally TTM, added to the fighting style of Kaoru, I actually see plenty possible that he could win.
Problem being from reading OPM is that TTM doesn’t really grapple his opponent, in fact from all his fights he always go in to attack. Sure he could win if he grapple however he the type of guy who uses his raw strength which is going to be a problem when the guy your fighting is 4.5x stronger than you. Hanayama just has to many advantages in this fight over TTM. And if you want to Argue that you can throw buildings TTM usually does that for range opponents like Boros ship and Psykorochi

Last edited:
It sounds like TTM counters Hanayama's main and opening attack, but is generally and only marginally outclassed in every other aspect of a fight. Both fighters are smart enough to recognize their advantages and disadvantages and act accordingly. TTM needs a grapple to win, while Hanayama can just eventually overpower and outlast Tanktop.

Gonna vote Hanayama. Him winning seems likely more often then not.

I fully agree that, if TTM gets into the grapple, he wins, and he has a very good chance of winning. I just find Hanayama more likely to win thanks to his superior slugging potential.

Has this been added yet?
Ah, I was thinking in adding it after the grace ended but then I got busy and completely forgot, could you add it pls? I was just going to bed because here is really late, if not then when I wake up I'm gonna add it.

My head hurts from reading that text lol

Ok so AP for both TTM scales to 1.22 megatons, while Hanayama scale to 5.5 megatons

While TTM does upscale from his feat, Hanayama is 4.5 time's his AP and add to the fact that Hanayama has insane dura/pain tolerance ( Musashi at full power still couldn't kill him in 10 strikes so I doubt TTM can as well) I'm going to vote Hanayama due to his AP and Dura advanta

Back