• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nevermind, I just replayed the game for the first time in a while and Talion is confirmed to be straight up better than Sauron and beat him if they did fight. Instead, we're now gonna use Nazgūl Talion. Specifically the second he gets the ring so he hasn't weakened that much yet.

I didn’t even think about this fight. I think Talion would take this honestly. If a very weakened Nazgul Talion can still overpower and even kill Eltariel with the true ring, who physically overpowered Sauron, I don’t really see why Talion couldn’t kill him. It’d probably be like, mid difficulty. He’s definitely not going to use Mindhax on him, it’s completely out of character, and Sauron’s mindhax we already know isn’t going to do anything against him really.

Though, to be fair, Eltariel and Celebrimbor worked together.

Celebrimbor honestly did most of the work in that fight, Eltariel just stunned him so Celebrimbor could get a free shot at Mindhax.

Celebrimbor honestly did most of the work in that fight, Eltariel just stunned him so Celebrimbor could get a free shot at Mindhax.
That’s fair, but Celebrimbor somehow being > Nazgul Talion is just very unlikely. Also, wasn’t this, at least initially, a power BOOST for Talion? Since he wasn’t able to take back Minas Morgul with Celebrimbor apparently, but when he got Isildur’s ring he took the fortress by himself, and overpowered all of the other Nazgul? The scaling does get a bit iffy, but Celebrimbor > Sauron > Celebrimbor > Talion > Eltariel just... yeah. You get the idea.

That’s fair, but Celebrimbor somehow being > Nazgul Talion is just very unlikely. Also, wasn’t this, at least initially, a power BOOST for Talion? Since he wasn’t able to take back Minas Morgul with Celebrimbor apparently, but when he got Isildur’s ring he took the fortress by himself, and overpowered all of the other Nazgul? The scaling does get a bit iffy, but Celebrimbor > Sauron > Celebrimbor > Talion > Eltariel just... yeah. You get the idea.
I get the idea, but it also makes no sense for Isildur's Ring to be that much stronger than Sauron's. Either way, I don't think it was that much implied that New Ring Talion couldn't beat The Witch King because Shelob said New Ring Talion ends up Smacking Sauron, so there is a bit if weird Circle going on here.

Although at the same time, New Ring Talion took an L from Helm Hammerhand, so that's even weirder.

Should I do a Nazgūl vs Sauron thread after this? Because the Nazgūl unironically perform better than Sauron himself does half the time.

I get the idea, but it also makes no sense for Isildur's Ring to be that much stronger than Sauron's. Either way, I don't think it was that much implied that New Ring Talion couldn't beat The Witch King because Shelob said New Ring Talion ends up Smacking Sauron, so there is a bit if weird Circle going on here.
Yeah, Shelob with the new ring was also getting pretty manhandled by a few Nazgul. It’s weird. I don’t think it’s JUST the ring that gives them powers, if that was the case, Eltariel should’ve absolutely stomped weakened Talion, but she didn’t.

That reminds me, how many Nazgūl can you use in a match with Nazgūl (Shadow of War)? Do you have to be specific and say which one it is or just assume it's all of them, including the Witch King?

I was moreso thinking that it was just Talion being powerful and getting a new set of abilities. Cause in the first game, no-celebrimbor dying Talion was still able to block and dodge Sauron's hits, so he's obviously not a shmuck by himself.

I was moreso thinking that it was just Talion being powerful and getting a new set of abilities. Cause in the first game, no-celebrimbor dying Talion was still able to block and dodge Sauron's hits, so he's obviously not a shmuck by himself.
Well Obviously Talion isn't some random Fodder guy on his own. Still though, it does make kind of a weird circular scaling chain.

Back