• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OP OC Contest v2 RULES

Copetan

Your local Minecraft addict
They/Them
Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It's time! The OP OC Contest officially starts NOW!

Rules (In no particular order):

• Characters are NOT allowed to be based on another original character
    • This includes any characters posted on the FC/OC Wiki or some characters posted on this, the Joke Battles, wiki.
    • Creating OCs based off of official characters or franchises (such as the ones posted on the VS Battles Wiki) is fine, as long as you give an explanation on how this character came to this point.
  • NO higher dimensional characters
    • (I think this means no High 2-A Characters, although I'm not sure.)
    • ALL characters MUST be 3-dimentional in space and 1-dimentional in time
    • This also means that no other concepts with dimensions are allowed (its also way to vague for me to understand)
    • BUT, characters ARE allowed to travel between dimensions, as long as they stay 3-dimensional in space, 1-dimentional in time and null-dimensional in any other dimensional concept
  • No higher-dimensional manipulation
    • Refer to the previous rule and it's sub-rules, I don't want to type all of that again
  • No Omnipotence
  • No Omniscience
  • No Omnipresence
  • No immortality 4 or 5
  • No Mid- or High-Godly Regenerationn
  • NO INFINITE AMOUNTS IN FEATS
    • This means infinite speed, infinite durability, infinite stamina, etc
  • No "My character can do everything but...", etc. (Is this NLF?)
  • No "My Character is stronger than yours", etc.
  • Your character cannot posses any weapons that break the rules
  • No fourth wall awareness
    • This also means no fourth wall manipulation
  • ALL characters that are in this contest HAVE TO be within the "OP OC Verse"
    • This verse has universes the size, weight, mass, etc. of our universe
    • There are 10^googolplex^googolplex universes in a Level I Multiverse
      • It is understood that all of the universes are side by side in the Level I Multiverse with exactly 0 width between them.
    • There are googolplex^googolplex^Graham's Number Level I Multiverses in a Level II Multiverse
      • It is understood that all of the Level I Multiverses are side by side in the Level II Multiverse with exactly 0 width between them.
    • There are Graham's Number^Graham's Number^TREE[3] Level II Multiverses in a Level III Multiverse
      • It is understood that all of the Level II Multiverses are side by side in the Level III Multiverse with exactly 0 width between them.
    • There Are TREE[3]^TREE[3]^SSCG[3] Level III Multiverses in a Level IV Multiverse
      • It is understood that all of the Level III Multiverses are side by side in the Level IV Multiverse with exactly 0 width between them.
    • There are absolutely infinite Level IV Multiverses in the entire "OP OC Verse"
      • It is understood that all of the Level IV Multiverses are side by side in the "OP OC Verse" with exactly 0 width between them.
    • There exist infinite extra spatial and temporal dimensions in this verse, but nothing more
      • There exist no more Universes, Multiverses, etc in these extra dimensions
  • Feats should only include the destruction, travel, lifting, etc. of the objects in the "OP OC verse", NOT other characters, beings, etc.
    • It is NOT ALLOWED to destroy the entire "OP OC verse", because of infinite amounts
    • It will be understood that all of these feats are 3-dimensional in space, 1-dimensional in time, and null-dimensional in any other concept.
  • These characters descriptions and their feats (and other data) MUST be written in a Word Document
    • This includes Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, OpenOffice, Google docs, etc.
      • Preferably, these documents should be attached to the email or referred to through a link
    • These characters are NOT ALLOWED to be posted on ANY WEBSITE before being sent to the turn-in email
    • Please, do not write any of the feats or other data on the email itself, please! (Not following this will not result in a disqualification, but I'll be very pissed off, and it could result in your username being crossed out.)
  • Deadline is Wednesday, August 31, 2016, at 12:40 P.M. (13:40), Pacific Time
  • NOT FOLLOWING THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION (unless otherwise noted in these rules)
Turn-In email is [email protected]

Have Fun!

EDIT: LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

• Ryukama (Turned in)
  • IAmTheBreadMan32 (Turned in)
  • ArbitraryNumbers
  • Darkanine (Dropped out)
  • TurboTriangle601
  • TISSG7Redgrave (Turned in)
  • The Doctor - Time Lord Victorious

Recommendations:

• Use large numbers and extremely efficient functions
  • Ryukama has a tendency of making massive numbers and functions
    • I mean, look at this!
  • Please, put your username on the email that contains your OC, or else i might not be able to identify who made it
    • Also, tell me that you sent the email to the OPOC Contest email here, after you have done so, not before

@Copetan could one create their own cosmology as long as it is strictly 3rd dimensional and finite? Or do they have to follow these "Levels" of verses you've assembled?

Aw damn, I was basing my OC on "King Mondo" from Power Rangers, so I have to start fresh (I guess its for the better in the long run).

As a suggestion, in case someone breaks the rules maybe you could give them a few hours to fix their mistake? Because theirs a lot of rules and someone is bound to mess one up by mistake.

Ryukama said:
@Copetan could one create their own cosmology as long as it is strictly 3rd dimensional and finite? Or do they have to follow these "Levels" of verses you've assembled?
"ALL characters that are in this contest HAVE TO be within the 'OP OC Verse'"

I'm sorry Ryukama, but these "Levels" have to be followed

Darkanine said:
As a suggestion, in case someone breaks the rules maybe you could give them a few hours to fix their mistake? Because theirs a lot of rules and someone is bound to mess one up by mistake.
I'll think about it, but, for now, people will have to check and double-check their work before turning it in

TISSG7Redgrave said:
So the tier is 2-A in terms of limit?

As I said, I'm not sure, so just deduce the tier by what is said on the rules. If you tier your character, I will ignore it, because, again, I don't know anything about these tiers (and I'm too lazy to teach myself), and I will just read the feats and judge from there.

@Copetan If you want characters with no degrees of infinity as a power, then the tier limit has to be 3-A.

Do ya have to email the character you're going to make with it's profile and username?

Or do you just have to put your username and the character you are goin to make?

Darkanine said:
Is "Nigh-Omniscience" and stuff of the like allowed?
No because ∞-(any number that is not infinity) still equals infinity. Nigh-Omniscience basically means almost infinite knowledge (and lamborghinis), which isn't mathematically or logically possible, and that will be interpreted as breaking the "My character can do anything but..." rule. I recommend you saying "my character has an IQ of (extremely large number).

IAmTheBreadMan32 said:
Do ya have to email the character you're going to make with it's profile and username?
Or do you just have to put your username and the character you are goin to make?
Put your character profile, feats, and other data in documents and attach those to the email, and ON THE EMAIL ITSELF, put your username.

IAmTheBreadMan32 said:
I'm not sure if I sent the email
But I sent the email
First of all, you didn't send the email. Second, WHY DID YOU POST YOUR CHARACTER ON THE MASSAGE ITSELF? I SPECIFICALLY SAID NOT TO DO THAT! (sorry for caps, it's just that it pisses me off)

I forgot to mention this before, but I am dropping out. After having to scrap 3 or 4 characters due to the strict rules I just got burnt out and started working on other projects.

My apologies.

@Dark Not a problem at all and noted.

Ryukama said:
@Dark Not a problem at all and noted.
Thanks, Ryukama, I would've said the same thing

FanofRPGs said:
Can I do Xenrathrotraportzaptrosnaclia?
You aren't even part of the contest, you had to sign up here beforehand.

The Doctor - Time Lord Victorious said:
Could I do something like an inanimate space ship instead of a biological being?

Of course you can, as long as it has feats like "it can travel x distance in y time", or, "it can destroy x massive objects in one go," etc. Also, I recommend you to use large numbers. Massive numbers.

Now I wish I had joined the contest earlier becuase I already have an OC that has been sitting in my files for awhile...

This post is a reminder that TOMORROW, at 12:40 P.M. (13:40), Pacific Time is the deadline to turn in your oc's! Any minute afterwards, and you will be disqualified!

I can't login to my word online account, I don't have word, and I can only buy free stuff, I can't attach documents from notepad, and I only have google hangouts.

Disqualify me, please.

IAmTheBreadMan32 said:
I can't login to my word online account, I don't have word, and I can only buy free stuff, I can't attach documents from notepad, and I only have google hangouts.

Disqualify me, please.

No, I will not disqualify you, because, as I said, you can use google docs, which is free. And, also, if you have google hangouts, you also have Gmail, in which you CAN attach documents. Please, reconsider, and do all of this fast. Ask me if you need help.

@Copetan Can I just email you a link to a Google Doc that I have this profile posted in?

Ryukama said:
@Copetan Can I just email you a link to a Google Doc that I have this profile posted in?
"Preferably, these documents should be attached to the email or referred to through a link"

Yes, Ryukama, of course you can. As long as you have the file shared to me.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i just hoped i send it correctly..

You did

IAmTheBreadMan32 said:
I think I sent it now? I hope I did.

You also did! Congratulation!

Remember that the contest deadline is in 1 hour and 22 minutes! If you do not turn in your OC before the deadline, you will be disqualified!

The deadlinre has passed, so you will NOT be able to turn in your oc anymore! I might accept them though, we only got three.... but I don't know

Copetan said:
The deadlinre has passed, so you will NOT be able to turn in your oc anymore! I might accept them though, we only got three.... but I don't know
damn it i wish i could have signed, i had the most op non 2-A character ever!

TISSG7Redgrave said:
btw who are the judges @cop??

I am the only judge, so it might take me a while.

Back