• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx the Taken King vs Reinhard Heydrich

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
I dunno, he looks pretty hax, they both have 5-B keys...

Material Projection Oryx (5-B), IkaBey Reinhard (5-B)

Speed equalised

Pretty sure the scaling to meth's mindhax only happens in DI, I don't remember anyone telling me it was crushing consciousnesses in IkaBey

1-A immortality I'm assuming Oryx has some way around it

5-B is likely to go to 5-C or low 5-B.

Oryx has a bunch of passives of his own, and they work in a way that resurrection is irrelevant. Definitely can't deal with 1-A stuff though.

Also we're not really using Oryx rn.

He's been under revisions for months at this point, Azzy never really got back to me there.

Also doesn't rein have like 1-A resistances or something?

If Rein resists Law Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Reality Warping, Existence Erasure, Mind Manipulation, and Possession on a 1-A level, everything else gets stopped by immortality. Would Rein's stuff kill real Oryx through the projection if he doesn't know there's a real Oryx he needs to kill? It is 1-A, so its powerful enough to, but idk if it works like that.

Weirdly enough Oryx's type 6 may cause trouble or force an incon depending on what happens, given Reinhard's character. I don't think that really applies if only a material projection is destroyed though.

Law Manip is probably overrided by Gladshiemr (1-A) as long as Reinhard's within it, though if he's outside it, I don't think it is resisted. Concept resistance, reality warping, existence erasure and mind manipulation / possession resistances aren't 1-A

What's his type 6?

How good are they, and can Rein kill real Oryx through his projection?

Monarch Laciel said:
Pretty sure the scaling to meth's mindhax only happens in DI, I don't remember anyone telling me it was crushing consciousnesses in IkaBey

1-A immortality I'm assuming Oryx has some way around it
According to the Vitiate thread we do

He doesn't

Mindhax shouldn't be an issue if its not 1-A. At worst its infinite 3D for Taking. It's more likely than not a 4D thing.

The way around immortality is Taking working in a way that the target wouldn't ever get revived because they're still there, unless Merc is just going to spawn Reinhard 2.

Wokistan said:
How good are they, and can Rein kill real Oryx through his projection?
How good are his resistances? Mind manip resists Methuselah's mind hax, so unless Oryx's is high dimensional its probably not going to work. Concept hax and Existence erasure are from resisting Machina who can erase Methuselah. Ehhh I don't think he's ever shown the ability to. He couldn't kill Merc through his sensory, and when he killed Methuselah it was more like he negated his abstract existence so he was no longer all darkness everywhere, then killed him.

Projections don't have it. Its only relevant if Rein kills real Oryx through the projection.

To be clear its not like it negates 1-A powers, I'm just fairly sure ressurective abilities would never proc in the first place.

Oryx's passive mindhax isn't infinite 3D either, he would need to focus power for that which takes time and is not passive. His resistance should be like that. If we go the 4D route it'd always be like that.

This is interesting, maybe someone more knowleadble than myself could give imput, but the Taken King wasn't going thru some revisions?

IIRC from what Alfy said Rein destroyed all the mystery he had thus taking out every power and immortality he had dunno if it would work with Oryx's avatar.

Also Glads have some range even outside of it given that Rusalka regenerate from the attacks of Meth.

Another thing is the soul rip that could work if the king has a soul if not then Rein eventually erases the avatar just to find another if I understand correctly.

Gargoyle One said:
Both can beat Low Godly easily
I mean the projection itself can't Regen, but that doesn't stop real Oryx from just making another. Rein has the AP for that, but from the looks of it he needs to find the ascendant realm first and even know that Oryx's a projection. Also, that means he has to deal with true Oryx's type 6, which due to reins character should force an inconclusive due to a mutually beneficial end. I will explain in a bit.

Oryx is going through revisions, but much of that is moving stuff he has to the second key.

Oryx's soul is legit in another universe, and absorbing his soul would he the perfect way to 1: Get hit with literally every single one of his powers at once and 2: proc type 6.

So as for the type 6. Oryx can live on as the sword logic itself, and if someone somehow inflicts a final death to him and takes his power/the mantle of the taken king, he will live on through them. He will "correct" the host, and they will "correct" him, eternally shaping one another into the final, perfect shape. While this would usually mean that Oryx shapes the host into himself, I don't see that sort of fill conversion happening to rein. However, Rein's character lines up perfectly with sword logic morality, and as such I don't see him registering this as a bad thing as it just results in him becoming even more busted than usual and constantly growing and evolving even more. Due to it being a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship, I doubt rein would in character expunge Oryx's influence, and as such if it comes to killing true Oryx, it goes to incon.

If this comes down to Rein going against the true King and his type 6 I see it going this way:

1)Rein kills the projection gaining the memories about the true king, hops into Glads to fight the king, latter he is happy about the sheer amout of hax throw at him and decides to love the King with LLT, the king dies on a scale that all his verse is going to feel that.

2) somehow the king survives LLT and becomes part of Glads where he is just another slave (probably gets promoted to Einherjar) because of Rein's ego.

3) somehow the king survives the second point and manages to become a symbiote and together they fight against Merc in a cosmic broken 1-A battle only to die due to apoptosis shit.

Take it as you will, you are the knowleadble people about this.

BTW that type 6 is broken, i like it.

Actually

LLT mind crush in Interview was stated to be equal to Methuselah pressure of darkness

ÒÇîþÑ×Õ¿üÒü¿Õæ╝ÒéôÒüºÕÀ«Òüùµö»ÒüêÒü¬ÒüäÒÇìÒü¿Þí¿þÅ¥ÒüòÒéîÒéïÚùçþÑ×Òü«Õ¿üÕ£ºÒéÆÕÀ«Òüùþ¢«ÒüäÒüªÒÇüÒÇîÒüôÒéîÒüôÒüØþ£ƒÕ«ƒÒÇüþûæÒüäÒü«õ¢ÖÕ£░Òü¬Òü®Õ¥«ÕíÁÒééÒü¬ÒüäþÑ×Õ¿üÒü«ÕàÀþÅ¥ÒÇìÒü¿Þí¿þÅ¥ÒüòÒéîÒéïÒÇé

So, as for mental fortitude: At worst, Oryx's mind has subsumed that of and constantly commands an infinite amount of 3D beings, suppressing any attempt of resistance. While most are kinda warped into voluntarily serving Oryx as a taken, if they all did try to rebel, they would fail. He also stomps the Vex, who can drive people insane through messing with time/retroactive EE, and infect the minds and bodies of targets with Vex cells.

As for what Tony said:

1: Oryx's passive means that Rein gets Taken as he does this

2: Absorbing Oryx's soul is the most surfire way to proc type 6

3: I mean yeah. Rein should have the power to expunge Oryx's influence but probably wouldn't in character.

For the mind hax, i don't really know how it works but it's regarded as one (if not) the most powerful one (3-D)

1) I said this taking in account that Rein concept EE the King, so his type 6 probs won't work.

2) his soul gets suppressed into another slave without been able to affect Rein.

3) thats what I meant, the king doesn't gets suppressed and they both go full Apoptosis on Merc'ass.

Concept stuff shouldn't be an issue. If its not 1-A concept shit, Oryx can resist powers that can destroy concepts. Look at his daughters deathhax.

apparently not, though I did post some other destiny files. None of them can stand up to rein tho.

Back