• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've been told no one in BB is infinitely above baseline 2-A and Oryx is, so he should passively destroy her.

Isn't Oryx just either baseline or infinite depending on interpretation? What's the current interpretation we accept?

It can actually also be interpreted as more than infinitely above baseline. So far we've been treating it as infinitely above baseline.

Infinitely above baseline with abilities and resistances on that scale plus resistance chaining.

Apparently the key should actually be high 2-A according to Ultima so k guess I'll make that later

I'm pretty sure Amaterasu's powers is higher than infinitely above baseline since it casually messed with countless embryos who basically have infinitely above baseline hax and resistances.

Gonna have to elaborate on that

Also before I forget to mention it there's still that pesky type 5 acausality he got.

Basically one of the Embryo's mere existance caused Phenomena Intervention that was ******* over infinite realities. And it affected characters who are naturally resistant to PI like Valkenhayn and all his alternate versions across infinite realities. And like only a handful of characters, which includes other embryos were able to be unfazed by the Embryo's abilities. Amaterasu by merely existing messed with countless versions of the embryos and is capable of using Phenomena Intervention on them despite them being immune to a much stronger PI from other gods in the verse.

Thank goodness that one of Amaterasu's things is to conceptually seal someone, which is type 2 btw, so she can likely affect him.

Theglassman12 said:
I'm pretty sure Amaterasu's powers is higher than infinitely above baseline since it casually messed with countless embryos who basically have infinitely above baseline hax and resistances.
I thought this was rejected

@Schnee you're talking about the warping infinite reality shit or maintaining alternate realities, not the hax stuff. That was accepted a while ago with the revisions.

I never said the embryos were infinite. I said the embryos by themselves already have infinitely above baseline hax and resistance.

Theglassman12 said:
Thank goodness that one of Amaterasu's things is to conceptually seal someone, which is type 2 btw, so she can likely affect him.
Pretty Sure Oryx resists that

Theglassman12 said:
Resist something that's higher than infinitely above baseline 2-A in potency?
Yes? From what people have said anyways is that he has some sort of layered Resistances and stuff to a crapton of haxes and also some op levels of resistance negation. Though ask Wok about it.

Also I don't see him resist sealing at all on his profile, so it can work unless there's something missing.

Even if he does, Master Unit can come back due to her regen, so this is likely gonna turn inconclusive since she can't really die and can resist having her Regenerationn being negated

It's best that we wait for Wok, he's the Destiny expert, but from what I have heard and seen from other threads, Oryx's resistance negation affects those that have a resistance to resistance negation, but you're gonna have to ask Wok if that's true or not.

I mean yeah considering he resists shit from the darkness and himself. He's stronger than the infinitely above baseline vex collective to the point of stomping him, and the darkness is unfathomably more powerful than him and the reason his Taking's so powerful but he can withstsnd heing trapped there and escape even as a 2-B. I doubt you can really seal him at this point because even the other person perpetuates his existence (he becomes sorta like a chaos god here) and he's at least spatially infinite. Also trapping him in the darkness didn't work and that's already on the file so sealing probably doesn't either. He also resists concept 2. There's also an AP conponent to his passive, so not physically being there also ***** them over.

As for resistances, Sword Logic is notorious for negating resistances sometimes for reasons so simple as "I am using a sword". People that resist his passives (guardians) are still obliterated by his active abilities. You steal Oryx's resistances from him to temporarily make you invilnerable ans make him not just immune to all your shit, but he can dispel that too with an ability.

Also Taking might ignore resistances anyways because of the whole voluntary aspect to ir. The Darkness strips away negative feelings, physical aspects, etc, contorting the Taken into a perfect Shape. As such nearly everyone just accepts being Taken of their own volition because it's an enjoyable experience free from normal hardships, and he can force it on those that resist anyways.

The master unit did seal something that was omnipresent across infinite realities, on top of said thing being sealed was already resistant to type 2 Concept manipulation so being spatially infinite doesn't help him in this regard. And I controlled F his page and I didn't see his resistance to sealing on his profile. Neither does he seem to resist power mimicry so Master Unit creating an exact copy of Oryx an unknown number of times.

Both are under Vex powers

For context, Quria, who managed to deduce the sword logic, could only recreate Aurash, which is basically baby Oryx with none of the actual power, and couldn't do shit to him otherwise, which is the same with the entire Vex collective as well.

Still the issue that rhe master unit itself would sustain his ecistence. Also the nature of his resistance. Not only is he unaffected by people making and breaking them, hes just not bound bt these things at all and is an existence that solely defines itself, not participating in other things.

There's also Oryx's denial power. He can just decide things aren't true and they won't be, things like the existence of an opponent, someone being able to win, fumdamental axioms spanning all of shit, abilities, etc. Also all this gotta get by his law first, which is an issue

I think its listed as justification for a ton of different resistances, but it def qualifies for sealing. Can grab the quote once i get on a computer

That's also like very wrong, considering the vex tried to do exactly that and could only make little baby oryx. Another thing that i just listed as a different ability but it's still a resistance to this. Can't remember every single power we have on the wiki while making tje file so i put in the "resists all the powers of this race" to cover my ass

Also show things working on acausal 5 please I suppose we assume concept 2 works but I don't think we would for anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back