• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Outdated Information / Overlapping Definitions

The Superhuman Physical Characteristics page has Lifting Strength at over 454 kg when it should be at least 500 kg (Eddie Hall deadlift). The Lifting Strength page has Peak Human topping out at 460 kg and Class 1 starting at 460 kg (should be at least 500 kg).

But why is it superhuman if it falls into the range of Peak Human?

Speed has the same problem. Peak Human speed references Usain Bolt (27 mph = 12.1 m/s) while according to Superhuman Physical Characteristics, it starts at 9.8 m/s.

The Peak Human page says this: A Peak Human is character with bodily functions at the maximum limit of human condition. It means that the character is way stronger, has more endurance and is faster than even other extremely athletic people could possibly achieve. They are the highest level a real life human could achieve.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics says this: The levels of strength, speed or stamina significantly exceed what is theoretically feasible for a regular person.

Should there not be some separation between the two? A new study is out that concludes that humans could theoretically top out at 40 mph. Should this not be the starting point for Superhuman Speed? For strength, I think it would be better to define a body weight ratio for Peak Human and the start of Superhuman, rather than using an arbitrary number that's been reached by real people since it's more impressive for a 120 lb person to lift 600 lbs than it is for a 300 lb person to lift 1100 lbs. What a Peak Human's ratio is, I wouldn't know without more research, and I wouldn't want to do the research unless this revision is feasible.

Something to ponder though: should feats of strength involving adrenaline be included for this? Example: Average woman in a car wreck flips a car over to get to her baby. It might seem wrong, but I think adrenaline feats like this are more representive of the theoretical maximum human limits.

If nothing else changes, the numbers on Superhuman Physical Characteristics and Lifting Strength need updated from 454 kg and 460 kg to 500 kg.

Back