• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overgeared Resurrection: Overgeared Discussion and Feat Compilation Thread.

I know what you're refering to but in this case it kinda makes sense to use.

So between 1632kg-2040kg. Class 5.
Should ask a staff member before going with that, also we need to know if it's required to make a blog for those small calcs that we have to make to get the final value

nice.

But maybe mention this is the manga version

nice.

But maybe mention this is the manga version
*Manhwa.

If and when there's a profile for novel Grid, then the name of the profile can be changed. Maybe we could have Shin Youngwoo (Manhwa) and Shin Youngwoo (Novel).

btw why are we not equating attack potency and striking strength?
AP is for max power of any attack while SS is for physical attacks like punches or kicks. Typically one tries to get separate calcs or statements for those two things unless it is said they're comparable in some way.
I still disagree with saying almost everyone uses magic because of mana because that's not how it works in the verse, however I'll leave that part of the verse page as is. Instead I have decided to reword some of the sentences to have clearer structure and grammar. I also replaced the Light Novels category with Internet because Overgeared is a webnovel, not a light novel.

AP is for max power of any attack while SS is for physical attacks like punches or kicks. Typically one tries to get separate calcs or statements for those two things unless it is said they're comparable in some way.
I went to check, and even Zoro has striking strength scaling while using swords so Grid would scale equally since his AP comes from swords
I still disagree with saying almost everyone uses magic because of mana because that's not how it works in the verse, however I'll leave that part of the verse page as is.
I didn't said everyone because I acknowledge the use of "Qi" and other stuff that will show up in the future, but the definition of magic and magic spells if you go look at the magic page on VSB wiki you will see that is about using mana, it matters little what is done with it, for example marvel cosmic energy is so absurd one could easily call it magic because it can do pretty much anything yet its not because its not called mana or magic

Grid has magic but skills should be considered something else.

In most cases, use of magic requires special magical energy, often called mana. Mana may vary in quality and quantity across different mages. Accordingly, the magician or wizard whose mana is purer will have an advantage. His magic will be much stronger, and in addition the aforementioned magic user will be able to use more powerful spells.

I didn't said everyone because I acknowledge the use of "Qi" and other stuff that will show up in the future, but the definition of magic and magic spells if you go look at the magic page on VSB wiki you will see that is about using mana, it matters little what is done with it, for example marvel cosmic energy is so absurd one could easily call it magic because it can do pretty much anything yet its not because its not called mana or magic
The page says "In most cases, use of magic requires special magical energy, often called mana." All this says is that typically, all magic users need mana, not that all people who use mana are magic users.

The page says "In most cases, use of magic requires special magical energy, often called mana." All this says is that typically, all magic users need mana, not that all people who use mana are magic users.
That´s because not everyone who have mana can use it. And magic has 2 main ways to be used in fiction they either use mana/magical energy like overgeared, black clover, fairy tail ect, or they use power that belongs to some magical entity/object. Mana is the name given to magical energy, not always will it be called mana which is way they use the "often called mana", basically everytime they use mana means magic ,but not everyone who uses magic uses mana.
I really don't see your problem with this, Braham himself let's clear how mana is clearly magical , the whole satisfy is in a fantasy with magic universe.

so what's next? maybe do Yura since we're using her feat, no?
I have other things now, and I just read Overgeared to make the profile so, I'm not make another Overgeared profile for a while
But this are the best ones and probably the easier ones
Piaro
Yura
Kraugel

It shoul be at least Continental based on this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Freezing_the_Landmasses
I compared areas and choose the smallest continental mass and got aroud 10.8 petatons (Multi-Continental) but it's proabably way higher since he used -4º C and cryonics tempratures are around −196 °C
That blog doesn't exist anymore, so I think you'd have to calculate it yourself.

EDIT: Nevermind, there was just a mistyped character in the link. The blog still exists and the method can presumably be used, but you clearly used different values to get your 10.8 petatons instead of the 189.3 petatons listed on the page.
I have other things now, and I just read Overgeared to make the profile so, I'm not make another Overgeared profile for a while
But this are the best ones and probably the easier ones
Piaro
Yura
Kraugel
I think we had a list somewhere in this thread of which characters we were going to give pages to. I know the Gods of the Beginning, Old Dragons, and Grid were there but I don't remember the rest. I'll try to find it.

On an unrelated note, I found a calc someone did for Baal that got accepted so I put it on the verse page. Since we have a verse page, we should put our calcs there whenever they get accepted.

Last edited:
I think we had a list somewhere in this thread of which characters we were going to give pages to. I know the Gods of the Beginning, Old Dragons, and Grid were there but I don't remember the rest. I'll try to find it.
I was talking about manhwa pages, I know you all trying to get a bunch of feats to scale Novel Grid to but that's the easy part you will have to look for Grid's items like I did and add references to everything, so for my understanding you will take a long time if you want a proper profile. As for the list there were a lot of characters you need a proper order to make them since you are not making them all at the same time, as I read the manhwa I noticed that the characters we have more information about are Piano, Yura and Kraugel which makes a page for them easier.
On an unrelated note, I found a calc someone did for Baal that got accepted so I put it on the verse page. Since we have a verse page, we should put our calcs there whenever they get accepted.
Do as you wish but at the moment the verse page is for manhwa because there is no novel page at this point, I don't see the point of adding that calc there when a page for Baal is still gonna take a long time

If it was someone who actually knew Overgeared that calc would have been rejected on the grounds hell is not plain, it has layers and it doesn't make sense for him to be visible to all of hell unless he is so big that his head was in hell's first layer and his feet on the last layer, which makes no sense.
At best you would have divide the size of Earth by the number of layers and assume he is visible only to the last layer of hell

If it was someone who actually knew Overgeared that calc would have been rejected on the grounds hell is not plain, it has layers and it doesn't make sense for him to be visible to all of hell unless he is so big that his head was in hell's first layer and his feet on the last layer, which makes no sense.
At best you would have divide the size of Earth by the number of layers and assume he is visible only to the last layer of hell
Do you know of anywhere in the novel the structure of Hell is stated (a chapter range works)? I tried to find a reference for that before but couldn't.

Do you know of anywhere in the novel the structure of Hell is stated (a chapter range works)? I tried to find a reference for that before but couldn't.
Sincerely hell is super inconsistent, since all layers apparently have a sky but Kraugel and Mercedes managed to cut their way to the lower levels with space sword and demons can apparently climb to upper levels, which makes no sense because they would have to fly at least for kilometers if it actually had a sky

Could careless about your opinion. All you do is talk and complain and do nothing. At least aside the AP, everything is ready for grid and the 10 retainers, but what do you know?
Where are you storing the feats for those? I don't see much listed on the overgeared feats compilation page for the retainers.

I haven't really been paying attention to this, but I recently checked the verse page and I have a question. Why is the naming of characters inconsistent? You have Shin Youngwoo (Grid), which alone is already weird. There's no other Shin Youngwoo on the wiki so there's no need to mark him as Grid in parentheses. The inconsistency I refer to, though, is the Yura (Overgeared) one. If it was named like the other page, we would have her full name, which is Lee Yura. Instead we differentiate this Yura from the other characters with that (Overgeared) part.

I haven't really been paying attention to this, but I recently checked the verse page and I have a question. Why is the naming of characters inconsistent? You have Shin Youngwoo (Grid), which alone is already weird. There's no other Shin Youngwoo on the wiki so there's no need to mark him as Grid in parentheses. The inconsistency I refer to, though, is the Yura (Overgeared) one. If it was named like the other page, we would have her full name, which is Lee Yura. Instead we differentiate this Yura from the other characters with that (Overgeared) part.
Real Name and nickname so that it is easier to find. I don't remember Yura having her actual surname stated, they always refer to her as Yura, her grandfather showed up on the novel but not the manhwa yet, also woud be weird to use Lee Yura (Yura) since her real name and nick are the same, and there were apparently other Yuras in VSB

Real Name and nickname so that it is easier to find. I don't remember Yura having her actual surname stated, they always refer to her as Yura, her grandfather showed up on the novel but not the manhwa yet, also woud be weird to use Lee Yura (Yura) since her real name and nick are the same, and there were apparently other Yuras in VSB
Alright, but why Shin Youngwoo (Grid) and not Grid or Grid (Overgeared)? The discussion tag on that page is Grid, which makes it confusing.

Alright, but why Shin Youngwoo (Grid) and not Grid or Grid (Overgeared)? The discussion tag on that page is Grid, which makes it confusing.
Again easier to find since you can search fpr real name or nickname. Everyone calls him Grid here, and you don't seach for real name here because you just click on the discussion button to see all related threads.

Again easier to find since you can search fpr real name or nickname. Everyone calls him Grid here, and you don't seach for real name here because you just click on the discussion button to see all related threads.
Everyone knows him by Grid the most. "Shin Youngwoo" is quite redundant and overcomplicated. Look at the profiles named "Superman" for example, they don't use "Clark Kent" but their widely used and known name.

Everyone knows him by Grid the most. "Shin Youngwoo" is quite redundant and overcomplicated. Look at the profiles named "Superman" for example, they don't use "Clark Kent" but their widely used and known name.
And Superman is one of the most famous characters in the world while I'm the only supporter for the whole Overgeared verse. Just because it works for others doesn't mean it works here.

By the way look at My hero academia verse everyone has the same concept Real name (Super hero name)

Since the page starts with "Shin Youngwoo" and not Grid, the autofill Fandom uses when searching will not show you the page if you start typing "Grid". In that sense, it's harder to find, especially since I think people would expect the page to be called Grid since that's the name he uses the most.

Since the page starts with "Shin Youngwoo" and not Grid, the autofill Fandom uses when searching will not show you the page if you start typing "Grid". In that sense, it's harder to find, especially since I think people would expect the page to be called Grid since that's the name he uses the most.
There are 2 "Gridman" and "Grid core" it doesn't matter if I name it Grid

it is Grid(Overgeared)

it is Grid(Overgeared)
How was it that you said? Right
Could careless about your opinion. All you do is talk and complain and do nothing
Antvasima already approved them so shut it

Open the link and read it. That's our naming rules
Ant knows nothing about the verse or how it should be named.
Then look at My hero academia, look at some of the pages I made before on Marvel comics that were approved by Ant too and he is a supporter and knowledged member
Seeing as you tagged a message from weeks ago, are you still pained by the truth?
Are you still pained by the fact you haven't done anything in this verse in over a year while I made 3 pages in about 2 months?

Back