• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pain (Nagato) Precog addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Nagato should have it.

Sharingan > MS > EMS > Rinnegan, in which Nagato possesses Madara's rinnegan.

Kakashi received a sharingan from Obito and possesses this ability. It's also a passive ability of the sharingan from newly awakened to fully matured.

Is it stated in the series that Nagato has the ability? You'd think it would have been mentioned before if Rinnegan grants precog exactly like the Sharingan.

I suppose that this seems fine, although you should ask the staff members listed in the Knowledgeable Members List, such as Kepekley23 and Burning Full Fingers, to comment here.

No. Just because the Rinnegan is an evolution of the Sharingan, doesn't always mean the Rinnegan inherits all the abilities of the Sharingan. It has never been stated the Rinnegan has precog, and the notion that the Rinnegan doesn't have all the abilities of the Sharingan should be glaringly obvious considering their discrepancies.

i personally dont know about this but it may have been implied somewhere but Byakugan has some some sort of pre cog that allows the user to see things slowed down to move to where its heading. Example is when Neji saved Naruto, the wood stakes appeared slowed down while neji moved and even hinata said she would make it in time.

Maybe the dojutsu from Kaguya all have pre cog

Devoyant said:
No.
Just because the Rinnegan is an evolution of the Sharingan, doesn't always mean the Rinnegan inherits all the abilities of the Sharingan. It has never been stated the Rinnegan has precog, and the notion that the Rinnegan doesn't have all the abilities of the Sharingan should be glaringly obvious considering their discrepancies.
Except as I said, sharingan precog is a passive ability that all sharingan have, and a rinnegan is a fully evolved sharingan.

This isn't the same as assuming Nagato can use Madara's susanoo or sharingan genjutsu. A sharingan upon activation automatically grants this ability, and evolving it only makes it better, as seen in Sasuke vs Haku and Sasuke vs Naruto part 1.

He should also have enhanced senses, being able to see chakra points since Madara did it with the same eyes.

Having a Rinnegan doesn't necessarily make you able to use all of the abilities of its lower forms.

Has the Rinnegan (by any user), ever shown precognition?

Its not something that's been emphasized on outside of part 1. We're never shown a handful of sharingan users using it, we automatically know its happening.

Golden Void said:
Devoyant said:
No.
Just because the Rinnegan is an evolution of the Sharingan, doesn't always mean the Rinnegan inherits all the abilities of the Sharingan. It has never been stated the Rinnegan has precog, and the notion that the Rinnegan doesn't have all the abilities of the Sharingan should be glaringly obvious considering their discrepancies.
Except as I said, sharingan precog is a passive ability that all sharingan have, and a rinnegan is a fully evolved sharingan.
This isn't the same as assuming Nagato can use Madara's susanoo or sharingan genjutsu. A sharingan upon activation automatically grants this ability, and evolving it only makes it better, as seen in Sasuke vs Haku and Sasuke vs Naruto part 1.

He should also have enhanced senses, being able to see chakra points since Madara did it with the same eyes.
"A sharingan upon activation automatically grants this ability, and evolving it only makes it better,"

Such an evolution is still bounded by the mechanics of the Sharingan. Whereas Rinnegan comes with a new package, so you can't assume there's a common ground between both doujutsu. Besides, the fact the Rinnegan can't see through obstruction, but the Sharingan can in some cases proves there's no common ground between them. By the way, the Sharingan cannot see chakra points lmao. And that's not chakra points Madara is seeing.

did hag ever use any sharingan abilities with his rinnegan tho?? I know i remember him using susanno with rinnegan,

Hagaromo's showings are almost entirely non-canon outside of legends in the manga.

"By the way, the Sharingan cannot see chakra points lmao. And that's not chakra points Madara is seeing."

Wrong. The keirakukei is basically the body's circulatory system for chakra, that carries chakra throughout the body, including organs. There are 361 points along this circulatory system called tenketsu, which we know as chakra points. Part of these tenketsu are eight specific points, at which these chakra nodes converge, or meet up at. Kakashi saying he can't see them is directly contradicted by him using his sharingan to view Lee's 8 gates, as well as him being able to see Lee open the third gate. You can argue that Kakashi didn't actually see his gate open, but while everyone else only made notice of Lee's physical appearance and Lee verbally announced it, Kakashi specifically said he opened the seimon in addition to being able to see the 8 gates anyway.

Madara specifically commented on Guy's chakra nodes, therefore he can see chakra points. Sasuke already demonstrated a 3 tomoe sharingan is capable of seeing on the cellular level.

In any case, this might not apply to Nagato since he's basically stuck with the rinnegan as they aren't his eyes, but it should apply to people that have awakened their own rinnegan like Sasuke, Madara, and possibly the sage.

As far as enhanced senses go, they should be able to see chakra points. Unsure if Nagato gets the precog via a sharingan ability, but Madara could see Guy's chakra points with his rinnegan, the same eyes Nagato wielded. It could be argued that stems from sharingan abilities too, so I'll let others decide.

Honestly, I agree he should have it. Being given the Rinnegan from Obito should really not make Nagato incapable of doing the same thing as if they were his eyes to begin with. That would be like saying Kakashi can't use the abilities of the Sharingan since he isn't an Uchiha and Obito gave it to him and look how that turned out for the series. Or that one hidden mist ninja who's one of the Mizukage's right hand man who secretly had a Byakugan in his grasp and he still was able to use it's abilities.

I'm ok enough with adding Limited Precognition.

As Void said, it's passive and those are Madara's eyes and as we know, Madara can still use abilities like the Susanoo even after his eyes turned into the Rennigan.

However, this is pretty much all he gets considering he doesn't know how to use the Mongekyo abilities. However I doubt Kishimoto actually cared about Nagato having the Sharingan abilities from Madara's eyes.

I wouldn't agree. Nagato having Pre-Cog and Chakra sensing from the Rinnegan would have been useful for key moments in his fight against Naruto and even against Itachi, Naruto and Bee.

They may be Madara's eyes, but they were solely activated as the Rinnegan and it showed no Sharingan traits ever.

Seriously, Nagato never displays a Sharingan trait from what I can remember and read at the moment. It's fallacious to give him one now when he doesn't display them.

That can be answered from a few things:

1. PIS/CIS

2. Nagato himself never battled Naruto, he used the 6 pains, who each only have a single ability, to do so.

3. Nagato in the beginning didnt want to battle Naruto and Bee and once being solely controlled by Kabuto, Kabuto likely didn't realize that the the sharingan and rinnegan can interchange between each other. Plus he was an edo.

4. There's such a thing as not needing it? Nagato in all his "fights" never once needed the sharingan abilities to stay ahead. It being useful is one thing. It being needed is another.

No feats, no statements, no dice, low end upon low end. Sorry, but this is a very hard no.

I don't recall an instance of a Rinnean user using the copying ability. There's really nothing pushing for the Rinnegan to have the Sharingan side abilities.

Golden Void said:
Hagaromo's showings are almost entirely non-canon outside of legends in the manga.
"By the way, the Sharingan cannot see chakra points lmao. And that's not chakra points Madara is seeing."

Wrong. The keirakukei is basically the body's circulatory system for chakra, that carries chakra throughout the body, including organs. There are 361 points along this circulatory system called tenketsu, which we know as chakra points. Part of these tenketsu are eight specific points, at which these chakra nodes converge, or meet up at. Kakashi saying he can't see them is directly contradicted by him using his sharingan to view Lee's 8 gates, as well as him being able to see Lee open the third gate. You can argue that Kakashi didn't actually see his gate open, but while everyone else only made notice of Lee's physical appearance and Lee verbally announced it, Kakashi specifically said he opened the seimon in addition to being able to see the 8 gates anyway.

Madara specifically commented on Guy's chakra nodes, therefore he can see chakra points. Sasuke already demonstrated a 3 tomoe sharingan is capable of seeing on the cellular level.

In any case, this might not apply to Nagato since he's basically stuck with the rinnegan as they aren't his eyes, but it should apply to people that have awakened their own rinnegan like Sasuke, Madara, and possibly the sage.
This is entirely wrong, by that I mean the conclusion. While the premise about Keirakukai is correct, the conclusion that seeing the nodes means seeing the Keirakukai is entirely wrong. For one, the nodes are nothing but a subset of the chakra points. Secondly, the notion itself paves way for things like; the Uchiha being able to use eighty trigrams. You do know why the Uchiha can't use eighty trigrams right despite they can copy literally any jutsu? Because they can't see the chakra points, which is the key stipulation in using eighty trigrams. Also, when Kaguya saw Naruto and Sasuke's chakra points, she used her Byakugan, not her Rinnesharingan, a move that doesn't make sense if indeed the Rinnegan can see chakra points.

"Sasuke already demonstrated a 3 tomoe sharingan is capable of seeing on the cellular level"

Seeing chakra on cellular level doesn't mean he was seeing the chakra points. Additionally, his sight ventured that deep due to the colorized nature of chakra.

I don't think a rinnegan user has been in a situation where someone used a jutsu that would be useful for them to copy near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back