• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pink and purple special lords fight to the death! Palkia is in sealed form and Galactus is fully/extremely well fed but does not have the ultimate nullifier. Speed is equalized.

Galactus and quite easily at that. He actually has good hax in comparison to Palkia, even without the Ultimate Nullifier.

Palkia takes this with ease.

He's far faster as he's able to fight where time and space did not exsist and has far greater hax due to him literrly being the embodiment of space.

Speed is equalized and I'm going with Galactus. He's one of the best telepaths in the Marvel Universe, something Palkia has no defense against.

The birth of PALKIA.

The creator of parallel dimensions...

Alive, yet not alive...

Everything drifts in space...

To arrive in the same universe.

It is the blessing of PALKIA.

-Eterna City Statue

How exactly is Galactus going to attack a being that exists but doesn't exist,has universal scale spatial manipulation(on top of the general Energy beams,TP,TK,universe creation BFR etc etc),not to mention palkia's resurrection.

EDIT-Galactus's TP does seem to be very powerful,gonna read more threads about him then.but i still can't understand how you factor in palkia's state of existence into a battle.

Palkia's state of existence doesn't play into factor here. Unlike Gigyas it isn't mindless. It uses its abilities in creative fashions. It understands human language. It has been mentally controlled (or at least suggested in some cases) by Sheena, The Lake Trio and Hoopa. Alive or not, it's clearly sentient.

The lake trio shouldnt count because Arceus specifically gave those 3 the power to tame Dialga and Palkia and Hoopa i thought was PIS. Sheena's mind control to be fair is pretty strong seeing as it can connect to Dialga from another universe, connect to BOTH Dialga and Palkia, and could even call out to Dialga in a far away timeline.

Plus If it will help anything, since the Lake Trio are being brought up, wasnt the Red Chain specifically needed in order to control Dialga and Palkia? And the chain has some of Arceus's own essence into it too.

Point on the Lake Trio comment.

PIS? There was a lot of PIS in that movie, you'd have to be more specific. I never said anything about Hoopa's mind control being PIS, just that it's not scalable to AP.

Sheena's telepathy has great range but poor potency, in that she can't connect to and control Pokemon when they are angry pretty much making Arceus the only one with a good, battle applicable telepathy resistance feat.

Palkia has no defense against someone who can match the likes of Odin and Charles Xavier in the mental arts.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Point on the Lake Trio comment.
PIS? There was a lot of PIS in that movie, you'd have to be more specific. I never said anything about Hoopa's mind control being PIS, just that it's not scalable to AP.

Sheena's telepathy has great range but poor potency, in that she can't connect to and control Pokemon when they are angry pretty much making Arceus the only one with a good, battle applicable telepathy resistance feat.

Palkia has no defense against someone who can match the likes of Odin and Charles Xavier in the mental arts.
True but didnt Damos connect to Arceus (even if barely) when he was angered and on the verge of death (PIS)? IIRC Shina after all of that could have gotten better than Damos at connecting to pokemon but it would speculative on my part. Not saying it'd be on Odin or Charles lvl to begin with btw

Also i have a question. From what we've seen in the anime, what im personally asking, should hax/abilities from psychic types be as strong as their level of power? Because i think Mewtwo from the first movie had lvl of psychic power that no pokemon but Mew could deal with and Mews pretty much on Mewtwo's level. Idk of this would change anything or not

Damos is likely much more adept at the ability than Sheena who couldn't even stand in Arceus's presence which could simply be a matter of age and experience.

Even if Sheena had gotten better at the ability (which is likely) it would have no bearing on this match.

Hax is usually regarded as applicable to others of their level whether Psychic or not unless stated otherwise. Some, however, are simply limited by attack potency but this is more the flaw of a species than a typing.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Damos is likely much more adept at the ability than Sheena who couldn't even stand in Arceus's presence which could simply be a matter of age and experience.
Even if Sheena had gotten better at the ability (which is likely) it would have no bearing on this match.

Hax is usually regarded as applicable to others of their level whether Psychic or not unless stated otherwise. Some, however, are simply limited by attack potency but this is more the flaw of a species than a typing.
Good points.

Anyways, back to the topic, Palkia doesnt have any other kind of hax that could be a game changer here? Like for example, it making dreams/imaginations real like in the Darkrai movie?

FictionalBlade101 said:
Anyways, back to the topic, Palkia doesnt have any other kind of hax that could be a game changer here? Like for example, it making dreams/imaginations real like in the Darkrai movie?
Doubtful as Galactus can also cause reality to unfold.

To play devil's advocate I guess Dimensional Battle Field Removal is possible as I don't recall him showing interdimensional teleportation.

I also just thought of something. Shouldnt omnipresent beings technically have resistance or even immunity to mind control? The whole point of of omnipresence is to be all seeing and also be everything and nothing at the same time. That would include being one with all minds to have existed, currently exist, and possibly exist. So how would Galactus be capable of even using any form of telepathy on Palkia? Even if he can effect Palkia's sealed form, that would only be an avatar. The true Palkia would just be literally space as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back