• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"While I could travel there myself, I don't think I have it in me to carry all of you there, especially after everything that's happened today. A car will have to be what we take, preferably a big car too."

"No shit. We're probably gonna need an RV or a semi-trailer just to carry all of us."

"I think before returning to CHicago, there's something some important that we should do, create or find ourself a safe and hidden base of operations."

Joe suggests.

"No way. We don't have the time right now. And even if we did, these guys found us out in our own homes, even the ones among us who are only temporarily visiting here. The requires some serious resources. I don't doubt they might even have a Stand user or two who can track. Bogging ourselves down with a base is only going to make use more vulnerable."

"I am aware. It's best to keep moving and fighting as fast as we can, however we still need places to stay overnight. We can't keep going forever without sleep."

"We don't have to get a small one," Michael turned to Nicholas. "You said you're government-sponsored right? How much will they be willing to accept in terms of...collateral?"

"Given the situation, probably quite a bit, but this'll take a good bit of explaining once we're done. Successfully shutting down a large drug operation will give us quite the favor with the folks up at the top. Commandeering a vehicle should be fine as long as we don't hurt any innocents too bad."

"Well, that's good at least, because I've got a plan: you search the town and take Stephanie with you. With your speed and her observational abilities, ypu should be able to find a suitable vehicle fairly quickly," Michael then turned to Joe. "Think you can get us all there in one go once they relay their location old man?"

"Alright, but how will we get in touch with you from further away? I don't believe any of us have any means of portable communication. I suppose the old man could have his Stand come along with us?"

"I was thinking either a payphone or you just rushing back here real quick, but I like your idea better."

@Crabwhale

"I'm called Joe, so stop referring to be as "old man"."

Joe says grumpily

@Phonix

"yes, my stand has enough range to do what you are proposing"

Joe responds

"Alright Joe, your Stand is small enough that I'd be able to carry it around with ease. Come on Stephanie, let's get going." Nicholas says as he has his Stand pick her up.

"Excuse me, I was under the impression you were 30 years old. And for starting this whole mess, I think I'm still a little entitled at not being particularly fond of you. Regardless, you three should preferably get going," Michael said, turning to Nicholas and Stephanie as well.

"Well, I did say you'd be perfectly safe and you were. We would've fought him anyways from the looks of it, I had just hoped that might scare him into giving up, but unfortunately it didn't. I'll be sure to warn you next time I try something like that."

Stephanie giggled and closed her eyes. "Hope you don't mind if I rest my eyes for a moment." She grinned. "Also if you really need to purchase an RV, I have more than enough cash on me."

"Buying something like that right now would be too complicated, I could afford one too, but I don't think that's the best idea right now."

Jessica recalled her stand from Nicholas.

"Sorry I kinda blacked out back there... I'm not really used to fighting these things yet. Also um... if we're going to be on the road for a while, I'd like to get some things from my apartment and call my family before we go."

"Have someone go with you, preferably someone who can fight. Our homes aren't safe, yours aren't likely to be either."

@ Jacky

"Going to a proper sale would be a risky maneuver right now. We need to keep moving and we need to do so fast. I'm no petty thief, but...well, the circumstances are sort of forcing our hand right now."

Jessica turns to Mame while they walk.

"So um... how did you get involved in all of this? Have you known the others for long?"

Mame sighs. "I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and ended up getting caught up in this mess. I barelly know anyones names here either."

"Ah! So you're like me, then? I was starting to feel like I was the odd one out here. I'm Jessica by the way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back