• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathologic discussion thread

So I was thinking of adding Pathologic to the wiki and while I've played a bit of 2 I haven't played the original (which should contain very important information) although I have looked at a small bit of the game script (currently struggling in the opening of a particular .dat file crucial in doing so) and found some moderately interesting stuff, including the abilities of Simon Kain and Bos Turokh.

Honestly Pathologic is a weird verse (especially when it comes to ability actually) which should be obvious to anyone aware of it. Currently there is a contradiction between "Bos Turokh being an abstract creature whose lines are the universe" and "Bos Turokh being the ******* town" and while the whole message about the nature of the town, the identification/ interpretation of it and etc is clear it does become difficult to tier. I imagine it could be seen as some form of Bos Turokh projecting himself, which makes sense when everything is a projection of himself (in particular the aurochs) but killing him (and deciding that he is not the udurgh) fundamentally frees reality from, well, being him. Maybe some theatre/ player shenanigans going on here since they are the only ones who can reinterpret him after all.

Also Simon is weird and you know why

So yeah, any ideas about how to index any part of the verse would be appreciated.

Back