• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pay-to-Win vs Dragon Snake Thing (Seek vs Dragonite) [GRACE]

Some things off the bat, Pokemon profiles are super confusing (I think they’re being changed) but some thinks Charmeleon has is up to equal range, superior stamina/LS, and seemingly equal battle IQ going off Seeks rating. But the salamander also has a huge disadvantage in firepower with Seek being able to create and tank a sun.

Since fire attacks are basically not gonna affect Seek, I don’t see much Charmeleon can do, if it were a Charizard, flight and seismic toss would be good melee options, but for this Mon I’m not seeing much with Seeks instinctive reaction and higher heat plus the slime having water properties to deal even more damage.

Some things off the bat, Pokemon profiles are super confusing (I think they’re being changed) but some thinks Charmeleon has is up to equal range, superior stamina/LS, and seemingly equal battle IQ going off Seeks rating. But the salamander also has a huge disadvantage in firepower with Seek being able to create and tank a sun.

Since fire attacks are basically not gonna affect Seek, I don’t see much Charmeleon can do, if it were a Charizard, flight and seismic toss would be good melee options, but for this Mon I’m not seeing much with Seeks instinctive reaction and higher heat plus the slime having water properties to deal even more damage.
Well crap. Should I switch Charmeleon out with a different Pokémon?

I was gonna say Rhyhorn but he’s quad weak to water, I’ll try to think of a grass or electric type, something that’s not totally weak here

Great, it also shares Char's advantages mentioned earlier plus better range with tens of kilometers. It can halve the damage of whatever Seek hits first as well, so that could trip him up and make him switch from say a sun which is usually the first move. Fire may be totally negated with Dragonair's weather control. I think due to the AP advantage, range, and resistances, Dragonair can eventually hit Seek even with his instinctive reaction due to things like agility, thunder wave, hurricane AOE, and hyper beam. Seek could play around for a while with his dodging, but I don't think he will be able to finish it before Dragonair.

Voting Dragonair

Great, it also shares Char's advantages mentioned earlier plus better range with tens of kilometers. It can halve the damage of whatever Seek hits first as well, so that could trip him up and make him switch from say a sun which is usually the first move. Fire may be totally negated with Dragonair's weather control. I think due to the AP advantage, range, and resistances, Dragonair can eventually hit Seek even with his instinctive reaction due to things like agility, thunder wave, hurricane AOE, and hyper beam. Seek could play around for a while with his dodging, but I don't think he will be able to finish it before Dragonair.

Voting Dragonair
Seek has a 9x speed amp in the form of Holy Dash to help him if it makes a difference.

That should probably be in abilities. In that case, it'll be even more difficult for Dragonair to get a decisive blow. Still, how can seek get past multiple Hurricanes with stacked Agility (though its unspecified, it should somewhat match). Dragonair also has Dragon Rush for a similar ability to Holy Dash and Roost to heal itself and make Seek start the long process over again and exhaust him.

That should probably be in abilities. In that case, it'll be even more difficult for Dragonair to get a decisive blow. Still, how can seek get past multiple Hurricanes with stacked Agility (though its unspecified, it should somewhat match).
Don't Pokémon speed amps only go up to 4x?
Dragonair also has Dragon Rush for a similar ability to Holy Dash and Roost to heal itself and make Seek start the long process over again and exhaust him.
Seek has basically the same thing in the form of Slime Buddies.

Right, so that makes Seek around 5x above Dragonair, fast but I think its not blitzing tier. Dragonair still has its AOE and stunning abilities to contend and help deal damage if the others can't connect. Seek has to absorb his slimes for his healing to work, so unless they resist fire, electricity, and other things Dragonair can use, they could be scattered or eradicated entirely. Dragonair having more consistent healing could lead to Seek losing a battle of attrition.

Right, so that makes Seek around 5x above Dragonair, fast but I think its not blitzing tier. Dragonair still has its AOE and stunning abilities to contend and help deal damage if the others can't connect. Seek has to absorb his slimes for his healing to work, so unless they resist fire, electricity, and other things Dragonair can use, they could be scattered or eradicated entirely. Dragonair having more consistent healing could lead to Seek losing a battle of attrition.
  • Slime Buddies: Seek summons 3 immortal slimes that attack nearby people.
The slimes are immortal.

Then hopefully Dragonair can land thunder waves. Do the slimes also have Holy Dash + amps? If they do that could be a win con but otherwise they’re really just cannon fodder. Dragonair has permanent stat amps in Agility and Dragon Dance plus AOE and healing to keep it in the game

Yes but it’s still an advantage for Dragonair and more beneficial for the stamina advantage. I really think this will come down to a battle of attrition where Dragonair outlasts.

Back