• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awfully bold of you to assume that you can make eye-contact with someone that doesn't have eyes

If Slendy can see, he can see the Deadlights. It's a matter of Slendy looking into Pennywise's eyes, not the other way around.

I'll be back to this when I've had some sleep.

Oh. I see.

Well I feel like Slender isn't the "Stare longingly into victum's eyes" type of person so maybe they could get off the death wisper before he sees Pennywise's eyes?

To be fair, Flagg would likely still die if he saw the Deadlights in-person. It's just that he never does so because Pennywise doesn't appear in The Dark Tower in-person.

Slender has been able to track the player through pitch black darkness, without need of light. I'm going to theorize mind-based powers.

Black knight of the darkness said:
Yeah killing Pennyiwse avatar would mean you have to kill the true Pennyiwse who is 1-A
If you kill the avatar then isn't the avatar stuck underground or something for 24 years? Because if this isn't the case then this is a big stomp where slender lacks win conditions.

Yeah to the avatar being stuck underground or yeah to this being a big stomp?

The thing I said is inbetween "Cycles". Does killing Pennywise's avatar trigger that?

Didn't killing Penny's avatar the first time cause it to stay dormant intil the kids became adults though?

I have very little idea of how Slenderman permanently puts down Pennywise.

Pennywise's avatars have variable durability and, in all technicality, require the Ritual of Chud to actually incap in both canon instances of this occurring; of note is that invoking said ritual results in having a willpower competition with the true form of Pennywise, and attempting it means Pennywise shifts into an avatar resembling his/her(fun tidbit, lays eggs in the books and is referred to as a female spider sort of creature, super odd but nobody pays attention to that) true form which is where the high-end Madness Manipulation comes from.

Essentially: Slenderman needs to have some form of resistance to either the Deadlights or Madness Manipulation in general to beat out Pennywise since it's a given that shifting to IT's true form or engaging in a willpower competition with a tier-1 will almost invariably ensue.

All that aside: in a competition of pure physical blows, the two keys given result in Pennywise having a slightly higher edge. Slenderman is stated to break weapons. Pennywise can wholesale tear humans apart. They're about equally matched but Pennywise has far superior regen except in the face of a knowing, willful rejection of fear and/or the Ritual ongoing. Slenderman cannot replicate this.

Pennywise wins.

Sense the OP says that both are 9-B, I'm assuming Penny has 9-B durability here.

Slender floats FRA though, don't know if Slendy can beat the Regenerationn, although I disagree with the notion that anyone would necessarily need to beat 1-A IT in a will power contest to do do.

Pennywise shapeshifts into a form that somewhat resembles his true form, he dosn't outright look like his true form I'm 99% sure. I seriously doubt the deadlights look like a spider.

The Wright Way said:
Slender floats FRA though, don't know if Slendy can beat the Regenerationn, although I disagree with the notion that anyone would necessarily need to beat 1-A IT in a will power contest to do do.
That's literally what had to happen in the book.
And during said Ritual, the kids were amped. Both times.

The Smashor said:
Pennywise shapeshifts into a form that somewhat resembles his true form, he dosn't outright look like his true form I'm 99% sure. I seriously doubt the deadlights look like a spider.
To the human mind, the resemblance to his true form was a spider but not the Deadlights, correct

That's literally what had to happen in the book.
And during said Ritual, the kids were amped. Both times.

Yeah, but they're kids with only minimal psychic powers.

Yes, and said psychic powers were amped during the Ritual.

They literally could not win against Pennywise without engaging it in the Ritual of Chūd and battling its true form will-to-will, and Maturin (and in the second Ritual, Gan) was working through them and granting them the power to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back