• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson Lifting Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should mention the character in the op, and what stat are you advising?

He means Percy Jackson, I thought people would know because I put it in the topics section...and I'm unsure wut stat.

If somebody can find a number for the weight of the Earth's atmosphere, we can probably use that for an upgrade.

You can inform a few of them about this thread if you wish.

The entire verse needs a major upgrade. Matt and I are talking about it currently, and I believe Repp would also be extreme help, as he believes so too.

The olympian gods can all create constellations. Unfortunately, they do so by raising the apparent magnitude of existing stars, which is significantly less impressive than creating stars themselves.

It is still casually Moon level, though.

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/revision-of-artemiss-constellation-feat-pjo.21076/

Artemis stood, said a kind of blessing, breathed into her cupped hand and released the silver dust to the sky. It flew up, sparkling, and vanished.
For a moment I didn't see anything different. Then Annabeth gasped. Looking up in the sky, I saw that the stars were brighter now. They made a pattern I had never noticed before? A gleaming constellation that looked a lot like a girl's figure?a girl with a bow, running across the sky.
"Let the world honor you, my Huntress," Artemis said. "Live forever in the stars."

Artemis after having one of her huntresses killed in the fight with Atlas creates a constellation to honor her. As Percy explains it, she does it by making already existing stars brighter.

This means that she is increasing the stars' apparent brightness, their luminosity. Calculating the necessary luminosity increase assuming the stars were as close as the closest Magnitude 1 star in the sky, and assuming that it's 88 stars (Since the constellation of Orion the Hunter has that many stars and it's illogical for Percy to recognize the shape of a huntress from 10 stars), the result is Moon level.

Don't mean to detract from anything but, the holding up of the sky is more dependant on willpower than actual strength, Poseidon tells Percy that himself. I mean if Percy is stronger physically than most demigods and struggled so much with it, then Annabeth should have been crushed to death.

Doesn't make him weak or anything. still casually creates shockwaves when fighting in Last Olympian.

I won't say that strength has nothing to do with it at all. the problem is that if Artemis immediately struggled with the sky, then logically a demigod who is vastly weaker than her would have been crushed. even without a divine form Artemis still outclassed Percy in every way and Annabeth is weaker even then. that would indicate to me that there's something more than raw strength at play.

Well, aside from the 'sky' lifting feat Percy is simply high street level in terms of strength. I mean it was stated multiple times that the sky lifting feat was a feat of pure will power and not strength. I mean if we look at his other feats such as cutting through stone, throwing a sword hard enough to cut through chains, lifting up other Demigods and throwing them, creating shockwaves while fighting, lifting and throwing the Minotuar and jumping 20ft while carrying Annabeth (and being weakend due to tarturaus) it appears as if Percy has anywhere between 2 to 10 times the strength of an Olympic level athlete. I mean all of these feats were without the water buff which has been stated to specifically double his strength. So Percy's pretty stong. Also on the Curse of Achilles it has only been stated and shown to make Percy Invulnerable and to push his body to the absolute limit, sooo that means that aside from the auto-dodge ability that Percy should be capable of the same feats without the curse.

The Sky feat requires will but doesn't mean it does not require strength. I think someone is discussing a downgrade due to it being an outlier anyway, but it seems like the downgrade never happened

You should start a new thread about this subjects if the agreed upon change was never carried out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back