• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson Possible Durability Upgrade

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
With the Mark of Achilles, Percy is meant to be completely invincible in battle except for one small spot on his back. I'm not going to say his durability is infinite or some NLF like that, but I believe this would scale his durability to the gods AP, as they all seem to respect its power and never say or imply anything along the lines of "I could break through it with my power".

I suppose that this may be reasonable, but would prefer more staff input.

I agree with monarch. I think percy should have a thing saying Far higher with the mark of Achilles also i'm pretty sure he should have his powers and abilities updated to include a partial control over all liquids. Didn't he control that poison in the house of hades and force it back on someone?

I suppose that comes under poison manip but Percy was talking about controling all liquids and thinking it was a dumb idea and then it worked

@Dan

Personally, I consider the scene with Hades to be PIS since it's been established that any old God can instantly kill a Demigod that spited them simply by snapping their fingers, as Zeus, Dionysus, and Athena have threatened on multiple occasions. That said, he did clash with other Titans and Giants with and without the Mark of Achilles, so it's not entirely unwarranted.

As for the poison, he was only able to control it since it contained a water component.

@Reppuzan Do you have any suggestions for his durability rating?

Percy did fight the likes of Hyperio, but it's been years since I've read The Last Olympian, so I'd have to reread the details.

That said, this could provide a fairly substantial upgrade given his feats of defeating the Giants, who are able to level islands with their awakenings alone.

Okay. Help to make our profiles more accurate is always appreciated.

Sorry for double posting, but I just realized that many of the profiles that I haven't looked at have flimsy justifications. Going to have to go through them sooner or later.

Percy hasn't overpowered Hyperion though. He held him back and then they sealed him into a tree

@Kaltias

I'm aware of that, but Percy still held Hyperion off long enough for the Satyrs to YMCA him into submission. Granted, Percy made extensive use of Hyperion's weakness to water, but my point still stands.

The Titans' profiles need major revisions though.

Okay. As I mentioned, help with improvements is always appreciated.

@Reppu

If you plan to do a big revision, could you leave me a message when you start it? I can help with characters until we reach the Heroes of Olympus (haven't read Trials of Apollo yet)

@Reppuzan

Hyperion wasn't at full strength either. Remember, the titans power up with Kronos. So, it's an iffy situation but as far as Percy's fight with Hyperion goes, it can't be used to justify this.

The Mark of Achilles should grant him greater Durability than the gods whilst not in their Godly forms though considering All weapons bounce off of him whereas the Gods (Human forms), Giants, Titans (Human forms), etc... can be harmed by Demi-God Weapons.

Back