• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phantom Blood DIO and other "Possible" part 1 upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
This calc made by ViVi given to me by Faisal Shourov has some interesting things,such as this Dio calc

Calc name: Evil Eyes

#3: SRSE

Feat starts at about 20:10 Another anime only feat, go figure

http://i.imgur.com/i4CdwH6.png

Standard cloud thickness is 2000 meters 220 / 162 = 1.35802469 1.35802469 * 2000 = 2716.04938 384 / 162 = 2.37037037 2.37037037 * 2000 = 4740.74074 Ellipsoid calculator yields 13483805673.34222 m^3 13483805673.34222 * 1.003 = 1.35242571e10 kg Speed is radius/time 2370.37037 / 2 = 1185.18519 m/s KE = 0.5 * m * v^2 0.5 * 1.35242571e10 * 1185.18519^2 = 9.4985181e15 joules That was just one half of the cloud tho, double it to get the approximate full result of 1.89970362e16 joules or 4.54 megatons of tnt equivalent

Final Tally:'
Space Ripper Stingy Eyes Splits Cloud: 4.54 megatons

However this may only really scale to Phantom Blood DIO. Seeing as that is the only incarnation which can use Space Ripper Stingy Eyes. And how none of the Pillar Men have shown to replicate this attack. Also seeing as how Jotaro's anime only feat got into his profile maybe this feat will also be allowed.

Onto the more interesting part... There was a unreleased Phantom Blood film that originally came out in cinemas during 2007 and it got very bad reception. Even Araki seemed to hate it, however it was denied a home release due to this controversy for the studio. However there is a feat with what salvaged footage we have left.

This feat is Zepelli's master dispersing an incredible amount of clouds in a brief timeframe. This should scale to Jonathan seeing as he absorbed Zepelli's hamon which allowed him to basically fodderise powerful zombies such as Tarukus.

Since there are no rules against using feats from media which the creator hates (DBS anime is a good example xD) perhaps we could calculate this feat and scale it for the whole JoJo verse?

I have trouble accepting the second anime feat, espically since it sounds extremely non-canon, but I have little trouble with Dio's.

SomebodyData said:
I have trouble accepting the second anime feat, espically since it never happened and it sounds extremely non-canon, but I have little trouble with Dio's.
The only real problem with the second feat shown is that the film itself was bad and was never given a home release due to a religous controversy. Still I would understand if nobody wants to accept the second feat, it just sounds quite interesting.

I think that we are only allowing the original manga canon for Jojo profiles.

Antvasima said:
I think that we are only allowing the original manga canon for Jojo profiles.
Is there a reason for that? We stopped doing so for major stuff like Dragon Ball a while ago (as long as it isn't an absurd contradiction) and I believe Jotaro's profile already makes mention of things in the anime.

Dragon Ball Super is an official continuation of the manga. We stopped using Dragon Ball Kai precisely because it contradicts the current official canon.

We cannot officially sanction starting to turn every profile in this wiki into a composite version, using any continuity whatsoever to warrant a power-up. It would lead to complete chaos and extreme unreliability.

As usual (and I am getting tired of repeating this), several wrongs do not make a right. Just because some profiles use inaccurate basis for their statistics, does not remotely mean that we can overhaul our entire system.

@Antvasima: So your saying that Jotaro's feat that still puts him at Building level from the anime is fine but this feat from the anime can't be used....correct?

I did not know the specifics of the previously accepted feat. I am just worried that if we start to allow out of continuity feats to be accepted, it could open the floodgates to lots of members demanding that we should count them for all franchises.

Hmm. Well Vivi also did that calc of Jotaro where he and Pol launched a guy into "space". The feat resulted in building level, btw. Maybe

If you want, i can take that calc link outta of his page....

That might be for the best, yes. Thanks.

@Ant

I am not referring to Super. I am more talking about becoming more lenient with certain things, such as allowing SPC to be placed at Solar System via statements and second-hand material or allowing use of anime timeframe for feats.

My argument isn't "we should make every profile composite", but instead simply that we shouldn't write it off immediately because it's in the anime. The same fight happened in the manga, though I don't remember the specifics of this one scene, and having scans for comparison would be helpful.

hmm, reading this thread I have a question. is there a reason why we aren't using the manga's version of events for this? I am quite worried if we lowered our standards to allow for the use of anime here, people would begin asking this same question for other profile verses aswell, and it would likely result in cherrypicking which feat is more powerful between the adaptions and original canon. It would likely turn very messy.

@Aizen: The cloud part didn't happen in the manga. The anime added that part, which is why Vivi counted it as an anime only feat when he made the calc. Heck i think the OBD even puts that out as being a non-canon feat as well.

@Cross oh I see, thanks for the quick answer. in that case it should not be deemed acceptable, Unless the JoJo's author is heavily involved in the anime like One was for One Punch Man, or Toriyama for Dragon Ball Super, this should not even be considered to be used.

@Aizen: Mmm. It's also the same thing for that Jotaro (and Polnareff feat by extension) where they punched a guy into high in the air with such force to result in Bulding level+ or something of the line there. Just like with the cloud part, i actually went back to look at the chapter of that feat that Vivi made and turns out that part was added. It only showed Jotaro and Pol's stands beating the guy to death.

So basically, Araki never had the cloud piercing part or the guy being sent to "space" by Jotaro and Polnareff part in his manga at all. Only the anime did that.

@Azathoth I agree with Aizen and the OBD. If we start to allow for non-canon anime feats to be counted, the results would be extremely messy, with an enormous amount of demands for constant revisions. The end results would be hundreds of hours of work, and a wiki that would be less reliable than it was before.

My apologies if I am a bit rude, but as a high-ranking member of the wiki, you have to start to constantly think in terms of actions and consequences regarding policies, or it can easily start to slip into a quick unmanageable downward spiral.

So does anyone have the scans of the Johnathan and Dio fight? Because as I said before, we might still get something good if the beam itself is still in there.

Anyway, given that this could easily get extremely out of hand, I have informed Lord Kavpeny, and wait for him to comment.

Okay i checked back at the OBD'd energy scale. They still have DIO's anime feat of this here on there.

@Ant: Alright.

@Azathoth: Except for the fact that when i reread the chapter of this version of the feat, the beam was only shown to go up to slicing the stone piller down. Here.

I recall seeing a calc made by Brohan/Toriko on Narutoforums who made that feat based on SP's breath in ability.

That's the one you just asked btw, Azzy.

Don't know, but here it is anyways.

For me, i wouldn't use it cause i really don't get how sucking something in (pause) could really translate to our system. It's just that confusing and weird as heck and even if it is canon, it would only scale to Star Platinum since no other stand (not even The World actually) replicated the feat....

"inhale your friend in the face.
Now punch him in the face, you'll see the difference. "

This was how the OP said the inhalation would translate towards Star Platinum's physical strength. It managed to convince pretty much everyone on the thread including ChaosTheory who seems to be a respected member of the OBD/Narutoforums. Also this may count for durabillity seeing as he did literally breathed in 1Kiloton worth of TNT in fog xD.

I think a new proposition would be this for Star Platinum

Attack Potency: Small Town level (Able to damage The World which was said to be equal to Star Platinum)

Durabillity: Small Town level
(Managed to inhale fog which gained a energy rating of 1.4 Kilotons of TNT)

This proposition for The World

Attack Potency: Small Town level (Able to harm Star Platinum which was able to inhale 1.4Kilotons of TNT worth of energy)

Durabillity: Small Town level (Both Star Platinum and The World are said to be equal stands, they are also both rated "A" for durabillity.)

Maybe a durabillity boost for Dio. Seeing as he did withstand a punch from Star Platinum, and not being turned to paste. Maybe this would upgrade parts 1 and 2? Since the body Dio had was inferior to his part 1 body since he could no longer use his laser eyes and body freezing.

Would this be fine?

^ hmm, I would be a lot more at ease if a calc member took a look at that as it is a rather strange feat, if they think it's fine then I think it's fine.

also whether it's canon or not is supposedly another issue with it, that's not something I can comment on though.

SomebodyData said:
@Aizen
Don't you mean a rather bizzare feat?
Jojo, where a character can punch thousands of time each seconds, notice a fly in a picture, throw a rock with high precision, shatter diamonds and even stop time but his best destructive freat is breathing....

Hmm. Well if WE DO happen to accept the breathing calc (since it seems that the person who did it calced it from the manga itself apparently), i'd definitely agree with Aizen on having the calc group look at it.

Even though it's very bizarre and really odd (no pun intended), there MIGHT have been wierder things that have been calc'd in the past and probably even now still.

But there is another thing. If this instead goes through, who exactly gets this scaling? Other than SP and The World and Dio via durability, i mean...

SP would gain a Durabillity and AP buff seeing as it can harmThe World who by WoG has the exact stats. With this in mind the upgrade would apply to the following.

Part 1

Jonathan (Was able to harm Dio, who in his inferior body managed to withstand a punch from Star Platinum)

I am hesitant for upgrading Zepelli,Bruford and Tarkus. Because they are much weaker compared to a Hamon pass Jonathan and Dio.

Dio Brando ( His inferior vampire body in Part 3 managed to withstand punches from Star Platinum, Should be equal to Jonathan in terms of AP)

Part 2

All the pillar men (Vastly superior to vampires)

Joseph Joestar (Managed to beat the Pillar Men)

Ceaser Zepelli (Was very close to beating Wamuu, and according to him could of also given Kars a difficult fight)

Part 3

Jotaro Kujo (Reasons already stated)

Joseph Joestar (Hamon is still effective, even against DIO)

Polnareff (Managed to skewer DIO's head, managed to withstand blows from Star Platinum in the Anubis fight)

'Avdol'? (Managed to keep pace with a newbie Jotaro. Might scale from Polnareff otherwise)

Other characters I may forget.

Part 4

Josuke Higashikata
(Managed to break Star Platinum's guard and was only beaten through the use of time stop)

Yoshikage Kira (Was able to give Crazy Diamond a hard time, Sheer heart attack managed to withstand a flurry of SP's punches)

Koichi (Was able to keep Killer Queen in place with Act 3)

Part 5

Diavolo
(Power is ranked as "A" is regarded as a powerful stand)

Not sure apart from him tbh, I only read the ending and prologue of Part 5 (chapters missing inbetween)

Part 6

Memory of this part has run thin to be honest, not completely sure.

All of them are okay but i do have a sort of problem with the Part 1 characters. Dio is fine. Is just that Jonathan (pre hamon boost), Tarkus, Will Zeppeli and Bruford are 9-A for being superior to some vampires who are able to bust a giant part of a buildings wall down. Jonathan after recieving Zeppeli's hamon boost would make him really OP from 9-A to Low 7-C, which would be essential in his fight with Dio at the end of the story arc.

Everything else is fine, i guess. We just need the calc group to at least look at this calc of SP's breathing feat and see what they think....

@A-M-M: Hmm. I suggest you make another thread but this time you could make regarding the calc i linked above in my comment from earlier given that this one here was originally for Dio's SRSE's feat.

Or....or we can probably have this feat re-calced. But of course we're probably going to have to provide scans or pictures for the calc team to do it. This of course is weather they think it's fine enough to calc. If they think it's too wierd or whatever they might say on it, then they probably won't do it...

If you want the feat to be re calced here are the exact scans. It starts at the scan on the top, and the last at the bottom. It basically shows that Jotaro inhaled Enya's stand/fog which is potent enough to create an entire town from.
Breathe in fog
More Fog

Even more fog
However because the feat was already calc and was given approval by the members there, I say we just make a thread approving it or not. Your call really.

We can start off with the thread to approve it first. Let's get on with that, aite? @Austrian.

The scans you have here we can use that to get it recall'd at another time should the thread to approve the already existing one doesn't go through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back