• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Wright vs Frank West

Frank bashes in Phoenix's skull thanks to having, well, better combat skills.

Phoenix has multiple guns to shoot Frank dead, tho. And if they go to close range, Phoenix just elbows Frank into oblivion

Phoenix does go physical in character when in danger as seen in Phoenix vs Layton. And one punch is going to solo frank.

Not exactly. Frank regularly tanks explosions on a regular basis and can tear zombies in half like a champ.

Phoenix can kick a rainforced door open, so he could just crush Frank's ribs with a decently placed kick and his durability is comparable to frank's.

Hans0l013123897 said:
Phoenix can kick a rainforced door open, so he could just crush Frank's ribs with a decently placed kick and his durability is comparable to frank's.
That door feat was calc'd to be only Athlete level.

If he fragmented the entire thing then he'd be Wall level, but he only broke the plank that blocked the door.

(Oh, the door is far bigger and he didnt need help to kick it down in the games. And since phoenix's current profiles do not have his wind manipilation powers that ate exclusive to thr anime, i am sure game nick is still 9-B)

Even if Wright was Wall, I would still give it to Frank. Frank is far more skilled in combat, and while I don't know what the equipment giving to the combants here is, assuming both have firearms, Frank is actually experienced in using them. If the battle does not have ranged weapons, then Frank has an even better chance of stomping Nick. My vote goes to Frank.

Lonkitt said:
Even if Wright was Wall, I would still give it to Frank. Frank is far more skilled in combat, and while I don't know what the equipment giving to the combants here is, assuming both have firearms, Frank is actually experienced in using them. If the battle does not have ranged weapons, then Frank has an even better chance of stomping Wright. My vote goes to Frank.
FTFY

Well, Phoenix does have win conditions, but he would hs e to get very lucky.

He does one shot from an elbow (the door was reinforced and he broke thru it on his own in the game, so that is a rib or two on Frank.) and can indeed tank some stuff Frank can throw at him.

But Frank is indeed quite more skilled and a survival expert.

in b4 someone makes a thread about a lawyer fighting a hooded assassin in white and red

Yes it's game Phoenix. If not his profile would say Composite in the title or somewhere.

I don't understand why the anime isn't used. Doesn't contradict or make any major changes to him. Pretty much the same story just animated. same with the movie. (Granted. This one I understand a bit more.)

Phoenix in game is Wall and maybe small building. There's some missile feat in the game where a Mini helicopter shoots missiles which lights up the entire courtroom. And everyone's fine. But regardless. Frank isn't gonna likely attack first. Not in character. He only really got in fights when the person attacked him, or when the person was evil. Two things Phoenix wouldn't do. So it would have to start with them both automatically attack. (Plus a sub sonic feat Ace Attorney apparently has)

Phoenix's luck, plus familiar area, adding in his guns. I'll give it too him:

Yea. Miles dodges very close range gun fire. And before someone says it, no it wasn't aim dodging. What happen was The guy raised the gun, we see he fire it Then it shows Miles dodging it. (Just bringing that up now cause I'm almost certain someone will question it).

We may have to make an Ace Attorney revision thread for that.

Buuuut I'm really interested about that wind manipulation that most of them have.

Honestly I don't think that wind stuff will bump him up at all though, just give him more options via shouting. A ranged attack likely.

I don't think 9-A covers that to be honest? I don't know how it works with wind to be fair, though he did make a whole hurricane in a courtroom to be fair

1. No I don't have the video ATM. But I own the movie and could easily upload it.

2. His hurricane also disnigrated Von Karmas cane. And it works by him pointing and objecting. That's really all. When he points and objects to something, it shoots winds. And it also is probably just through pointing. Cause Von Karma, and a few other characters do the same exact thing just by pointing at Phoenix. And von karma snapped and sent Larry flying from across he courtroom

3. Is there also reason the anime isn't used?

4. Speaking of canon. Why is PL vs PW not used. It's even listed on their wikis to be canon games. And it doesn't contradict either timeline. The biggest argument I see is the time their games took place. But we have No canon time for when Layton took place. Meaning it couldn't contradict Phoenix's timeline where a year is actually established. It should be added back imo. (Which gives Phoenix Like room to building and Fourth wall awareness.)

I mean, if it is canon to wright, i do not see why it couldn't be added. We do have non canon profiles aroung and characters like gunvolt have special keys for their OVA forms, this should count for the movie.

Back