• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikachu upgrade to 4-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that he's 4-B because that, I'm saying that it makes sense for him to be 4-B as long as he's supported by a piece of a 4-B character. Z-Moves aren't 4-B, obviously, but I think the anime expands more on that? Maybe that Z-move is special? I've stopped following the anime, so I don't know.

Even if it does, it's like Gargoyle said. It would still be a massive outlier.

So no scaling. We honestly just need a note or discussion rule for Pikachu and be done with it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Lets scale every Pokemon who can learn even the weakest ground type move to Tectonic Rage. Why? Because, it is one move with no anti-feats and is far stronger than their natural paygrade.

I love the idea of my Pidgey having a Tier 6 attack via Tectonic Rage thanks to it being able to learn friggen Mud-Slap.
False equivalence. Pidgey doesn't use Tectonic Rage in the anime to defeat a Tier 6.

Gargoyle One said:
People ACTUALLY agree with this?

No.

A High 6C that does literally one 4B move and literally never again throughout any form of media does anything remotely close to it has zero reason to have a 4B ratings

Outliers are contradictions

Everything contradicts this
You're forgetting the part about the fact that this is basically a new form for Pikachu. New forms, if they don't have anti-feat, are nearly never considered outliers.

It can´t be a massive outlier.

Again, it scales only to his Z-Move, not the rest of his moveset, durability and so on.

There are no counterfeats to classify this as an outlier, as this feat has only been done once so far.

We can accept this for a last minute tier upgrade, but not this? SMH.

Hes never going to represent 4B strength ever again and this is by far the most idiotic tier jump

Also Lucario is getting downgraded so that's a shit example

Which is 4B compared to a Pokémon that isn't anywhere near legendary level randomly one shotting it

Umm, no. It's the same principal.

-It's one attack.

-It's far above the Pokemon's usual paygrade.

-This feat is something that from what I've heard, is actually Tier 6 via calcs.

-This attack in all honesty has no anti-feats.

Ergo, it should scale to any Pokemon who can use even the weakest ground moves. This is ridiculous.

2-B Lucario and 4-B Pikachu are big false equivalancy's though.

Lucario being 2-B from that manga isnt an outlier since its EoS and was boosted by several other mon to defeat Darkrai, proving he didn't do it solo.

4-B Pikachu has literally only ever did that Z-Move once and never again while the anime is still progressing.

You can't compare the 2.

I vehemently disagree on a passionate level. I may change my mind on 6-B being an outlier (we'll talk about that later), but even with one move, 4-B is beyond inane. It's an inconsistency. There's a reason we removed the "possibly higher" from Kommo-o for training to fight off the darkness despite it being a pseudo legendary and that's because it's well beyond what it should be capable of.

Granted, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt could be higher in tier 6 via that storm it brings in.

Are you guys actually arguing that Pikachu being able to solo 99% of his verse with a very strong attack isn't inconsistent with his other showings?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:

Lucario being 2-B from that manga isnt an outlier since its EoS and was boosted by several other mon to defeat Darkrai, proving he didn't do it solo.

4-B Pikachu has literally only ever did that Z-Move once and never again while the anime is still progressing.

You can't compare the 2.
I actually fail to see the difference. Two Pokémons fight a Pokémon that's much stronger than them, get a new power-up and they defeat him.

TriforcePower1 said:
ProfessorKukui4Life said:

You can't compare the 2.
I actually fail to see the difference. Two Pokémons fight a Pokémon that's much stronger than them, get a new power-up and they defeat him.
Lucario gets boosted from multiple other pokemon to help him, Pikachu defeated a UB all on his own without any type of help from others.

Keep in mind that this would put Pikachu leagues over Zapdos, who could hurt Pikachu by talking to him. I kid you not.

The real cal howard said:
Keep in mind that this would put Pikachu leagues over Zapdos, who could hurt Pikachu by talking to him. I kid you not.
I vaguely remember that.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The real cal howard said:
I vaguely remember that.
It was in the 2000 movie. Zapdos and Pikachu were talking via their electric moves and Zapdos hurt Pikachu just by chatting with him.

Well, that happened very early in the series, so it´s safe to say that Pikachu has grown stronger in that regard.

Plus, this has been an entirely new move that hasn´t been showcased before in the series.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Umm, no. It's the same principal.

-It's one attack.

-It's far above the Pokemon's usual paygrade.

-This feat is something that from what I've heard, is actually Tier 6 via calcs.

-This attack in all honesty has no anti-feats.

Ergo, it should scale to any Pokemon who can use even the weakest ground moves. This is ridiculous.
Okay, I'll try to explain better. We never see a Pidgey causing this kind of destruction outside of gameplay segments because they all have the same animation (heck, that's the reasoning why NOW Pidgey isn't 6-B). We do actually see Pikachu doing a 4-B feat.

Kaltias said:
Are you guys actually arguing that Pikachu being able to solo 99% of his verse with a very strong attack isn't inconsistent with his other showings?
It's a new move that he only manged to reach via tapping into the power of a 4-B character, and that it'll never repeated again.

I don't think you really grasp just how superior any degree of 4-B is compared to tier 6. Just because 6-4=2 doesn't at all mean the gap is small.

But he got boosted up with the help of Ash to further boost his capabilities to pull off the special Z-Move, so it isn´t an outlier.

Pretty sure that Pikachu had issues with the electricity coming from Zekrom or something along these lines, as well.

Nevertheless we are really arguing that Pikachu could actually one shot any non tier 2 Pokemon prior to Gen 7?

"It's a power up" doesn't mean anything. This power up suddenly making him above legendaries that could kill him with a sneeze is still inconsistent

I want my 4-B Kommo-o now. At least he has lore supporting him being 4-B. He's a Pokemon that actually trains to face Legendaries.....

Kaltias said:
Pretty sure that Pikachu had issues with the electricity coming from Zekrom or something along these lines, as well.
Nevertheless we are really arguing that Pikachu could actually one shot any non tier 2 Pokemon prior to Gen 7?

"It's a power up" doesn't mean anything. This power up suddenly making him above legendaries that could kill him with a sneeze is still inconsistent
This^

Like I already said before, not even Perfect Zygarde was allowed this scaling and he migrated from Kalos to Alola in order to actually face the UB's. Why is Pikachu, a non-legendary, suddenly desired to be given a pass here?

This^

Like I already said before, not even Perfect Zygarde was allowed this scaling and he migrated from Kalos to Alola in order to actually face the UB's. Why is Pikachu, a non-legendary, suddenly desired to be given a pass here?

Because Zygarde doesn't have feats.

Kaltias said:

It doesn't scale to Pika's dura regardless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back