• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

S_T_A_L_L.jpg

So, what were the points of discussion when the previous Pokemon General Discussion Thread was killed? Pokemon NPI & such?

I believe so, yes. There was a lot of stuff, between people ranging from basic Humans to Pokemon screwing around with the ‘Intangible’ characters who are supposed to either be intangible, or be able to go intangible, including times where the character should have been intangible but are still touched by Humans. There was an incident in an episode where we see that not all Ghost-Types are Souls, as we see from the Ghost of a Mimikyu named Mimikins, who interestingly enough can’t even interact with Ghost-Types such as Gengar. And.. I think that’s all, not sure.

Someone also asked for a scan of Pokemon healing from poison outside of Battle, discussions of a Pokemon Profile Template, and someone mentioned IQ moves and TMs/HMs/Tutor Moves. It’s worthy to note that Pokemon Dungeon has been decided as outside of the profiles Canon, meaning we’ll likely need to get rid of that stuff soon.

I've been catching up on Journeys and honestly I'm wondering if the "World Championship" will try to actually bring in the top trainers (you know, other champions and maybe that damn legendary-owning bastard from Sinnoh) or of it's just gonna be a bunch of Galar gym leaders.

Someone also asked for a scan of Pokemon healing from poison outside of Battle, discussions of a Pokemon Profile Template, and someone mentioned IQ moves and TMs/HMs/Tutor Moves. It’s worthy to note that Pokemon Dungeon has been decided as outside of the profiles Canon, meaning we’ll likely need to get rid of that stuff soon.
Pardon my asking, but when & where was this decided, by who, & why? I'm tired & a little clueless. Plus, we use Composites for the species anyhow.

A: Weren’t composites Banned? B: In the ‘what details Pokemon Canon’ thread. PMD was decided as noncanon, or at least a version of Canon we shouldn’t be using, which will also mean that Charizard melts Mountains feat will be eradicated which will also leave Pokemon with more Star-Level feats than other feats

I mean, that still leaves us with Pupitar leveling a mountain by shaking around, which is basically the same as the Charizard feat anyway.

Besides, I never much liked that Charizard feat anyway, as that just seemed like a grandiose hyperbole that a character once said in awe of a member of one of the greatest rescue teams at the time.

Think the Pupitar feat was called into question somewhere, don’t know where off the top of my head though.

A: Weren’t composites Banned? B: In the ‘what details Pokemon Canon’ thread. PMD was decided as noncanon, or at least a version of Canon we shouldn’t be using, which will also mean that Charizard melts Mountains feat will be eradicated which will also leave Pokemon with more Star-Level feats than other feats
I'd like a link to that thread, please.

Thank you very much.
....Ah. That long thread. I would have to take a while to comb through it to see which arguments exactly support what. Grumble grumble. I guess I'll handle that later, maybe.
Still, some upheaval of canon standards for the 'verse seems like something that should properly be gone over in a CRT Thread, not a Q&A Thread.

I think that would leave the third stages with just Defog to justify their 7-A rating, which I know at least some of us don't think should be used.
Worst case there's still a 7-B feat for Volcarona they could be downgraded to

Just gonna say that Mountain-busting statements without any further context aren't actually enough to get 7-A.

Wait how many star level feats exist?

A majority of them are outliers apparently, but there are at least 4, most done with Psychic types. If I look harder I can find a list.

Some of them take pretty large leaps in logic as well, and wouldn't be accepted if they were pushed as anything other than joke calcs. But yeah the tier 5/4 feats are done by regular Pokemon.

The best feat, not scaling, made by a regular Pokémon that I remember was calced at High 6-A. (I'm not counting Lanturn because that's bs)

The majority of the list I recall are either Outliers or Environmental Destruction calcs, but most are still like Star Level at least, lol. But yeah, they’re pretty much inapplicable, but still ironic that there’s more of those at this point than applicable tier 7 Calcs.

If there are more of those then applicable tier 7 calcs then why would it remain an outlier? Isn’t that the opposite of what outlier means?

To clarify, there is a lot of tier 7 calcs and feats for fully evolved Pokemon, but there's hardly any 7-A feats anymore. Also again, some of those tier 4 feats wouldn't be applicable, but they weren't scrutinized because they were made mainly as a joke.

Idk if spoilers are allowed, but I will say that Crown Tundra gives us more Pokedex feats and a pokemon with soul-removal hax.

Best to hold off on applying anything from the Crown Tundra for the moment, and any discussions about it should be taken to a new thread to avoid spoilers.

No, that's the Isle of Armor, the first part of the Sword & Shield DLC pack. The Crown Tundra is the second part to said pack.

For sure, Ive played all the games but Gates to Infinity (dont really intend to get into that tbh, its one of the worst PMD games from what I have heard)

But we would rate Red/Blue Rescue Team would be 5-B scaling from defeating Rayquaza, Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky would be Low 2-C via defeating Dialga (though, later on in the post-game, the protagonists later fight a bloodlusted Palkia who was out to kill them, but Im not sure if thats an outlier), dunno Gates to Infinity since Ive never played it, and finally, Super Mystery Dungeon would be 4-A via defeating Dark Matter.

I'd love to read the new entries & such. If you post a thread about them or such, please provide a link to it!

I've been constantly theorizing about Explorers Protagonist, and that they will definitely need to have multiple keys.

My proposition is simple. 8-A, possibly High 7-C for Early Game (From the beginning to Fogbound Lake); High 7-C, possibly 7-A for Mid-Game (From Fogbound Lake to the Future); 7-A, possibly Low 2-C for Late Game (From the Future to Temporal Tower); Low 2-C, possibly 2-B for Post-Game (Everything after Temporal Tower)

The reason a 2-B rating is there is due to the protagonist having to canonically fight both Palkia and Darkrai in the post-game. Not sure if they scale to Dialga here, and it can easily be dropped to simply Low 2-C if that's the case, but this is what I think would work for their tiers.

Back