• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye abilities

Admin Matthew schroder has raised question about Popeye's mid godly regen which appears to be gag. Also popeye has many abilities which don't have any source, so we don't know whether they're true or false. Can anybody post proof of all of Popeye's abilities? I suggest they're checked for not being gag and be removed otherwise

as for the thread in general, I really don't see how his Regenerationn is a "gag". It's not played for comedic effect or anything.

Time manipulation likely comes from punching Bluto through time and flight comes from using his pipe to fly (it also even says on his page it says he flew to Earth during Popeye Meets Hercules). Unfortunately, that's all I can help with.

Still we need solid proof. Paulo has asked where the abilities came from and nobody is able to answer. For all we know over half the abilities might be false or unquantifiable gag.

Resisting hypnosis several times.

......you can resist hypnosis by not careing it shouldn't be used as quantification for resistance to mind manipulation.

@Dark649 Bugs simply redrew Daffy in humiliating ways, if I remember the episode correctly.

Does anybody wish to remove the inappropriate abilities?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Seriously, does anybody knows in which episode Popeye punched Bluto through time?
Can't find it to be honest. It should be removed as well unti somebody can find prove. Which nobody has

Ability to be removed- time manipulation, spatial manipulation, resistance to transmutation

Also his stats should be changed to Variable, 4-B at strongest

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Back