• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The justifications for Popeye's current 4-B rating are not 4-B feats at all

"Hit Bluto so hard that he destroyed stellar constellations, although this was done by letting him bounce between different stars, not at once. Lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so morning would come quicker and also blew it out to get private time with Olive Oyl"

I'll go through these one at a time

"Hit Bluto so hard that he destroyed Stellar Constellations, although this was done by letting him bounce between different stars, not at once."

"not at once" is what debunks this being 4-B, but I'd say 4-C to High 4-C is more likely, 4-C to stay safe with this ranking

"Lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so morning would come quicker"

Isn't this just lifting strength? Either way it's just Star level

"Also blew it out to get private time with Olive Oyl"

That's Star level...

So, Popeye seems to be pretty consistently at Star level, just from what I see with the justifications, I'm not well versed in Popeye, so if there's any feats that would put him at 4-B, I wouldn't know, but his current justifications are 4-C, although due to how casual Popeye is, I'd say his tier should become "At least 4-C, possibly higher"

Lifting Strength applies to AP. I don't know why you assume it wouldn't. Moving the sun can be 4-B depending on how it's done.

I honestly cannot find the feat in question, but Popeye's lifting strength is listed as Stellar for pulling the sun, but I don't know exactly how much Lifting strength scales to AP

Lifting Strength can also be to either a Kinetic Energy and/or Potential Energy feat. If someone overpowers the kinetic energy through brute strength, then the kinetic energy of that object is then applied to their AP (Such as Spider-Ma, whose High 8-C feat comes from overpowering the kinetic energy of the Daily Planet.

Likewise it can also function as potential energy. If they can lift something, then the formula the becomes mgh, or Mass * Gravity * Height. For example, Kratos is scaled off of a character who can lift the entire crust of the Earth, which yields High 6-A Potential Energy.

In Popeyes case, it would be Kinetic Energy. However since him moving the Sun would probably be FTL velocity, we would have to use the GBE of the Sun instead, unless it isn't.

So, has the feat in question been given a KE calc? (If it isn't FTL speeds, anyway)

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Nothing involving stars can be anything lower than Tier 4.
I calculated a Beyblade character moving a Sun at extremely low speeds and only got Low 5-B out of it, so it can happen, but it's rare.

Anyway, can someone link that Sun lasso feat? I can probably do it.

So, should we downgrade Popeye to High 4-C?

Perhaps "At least Large Star level" would be better, on second thought?

I and Dark649 have adjusted the Popeye and Bluto pages.

Since the topic seems to be solved, should we close this thread.

Well, now that I'm on and I see that this is all concluded, I'll close the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back