• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye feats

Have you seen any other cosmic feats?
Ok my apologies maybe wasting your time was a tad harsh its not a waste to check again but i have watched literally every episode of his an read every comic i could get my hands on because like u an all the ppl in this thread ive heard about these feats an i wanted to find them needless to say i failed and it lead me to make an RT on him with the best feats i coukd find ill give you the link an ill let you take a look through it. That being said theyre a few more feats from the show i want to add but for the most part it is done

So, I'm not gonna lie, Popeye's profile is pretty terrible. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Popeye
There is literally no source for his higher end feats. Not for him destroying constellations, not for him lassoing the sun, not for him blowing it out. I've surfed the net a bit and never has actually seen any of those feats, just mentions of them in the vs community. We really need to get the source for them, or else Popeye would have to be downgraded.
I give you these Feats an ill let you all decide what to do with them

Good job. Between this, the Respect Thread on Reddit, and the sources we do have for his profile, we have a very good idea of his statistics.

BTW, since the link for his hypnosis does not work anymore, I would like to note that the cartoon where he displayed his hypnosis is titled "Popeye's Hypnotic Glance". I could make a link to watch the ep, but I can't timestamp the exact moment.

Good job. Between this, the Respect Thread on Reddit, and the sources we do have for his profile, we have a very good idea of his statistics.

BTW, since the link for his hypnosis does not work anymore, I would like to note that the cartoon where he displayed his hypnosis is titled "Popeye's Hypnotic Glance". I could make a link to watch the ep, but I can't timestamp the exact moment.
Thank u an actually i made a slight boo boo on my thread the gif for the first magic immunity under toonforce/hax thats the hypnosis resistance feat

So I was right about him having plenty of lightning bolt feats. Thanks for these feats, cheers.
now i wonder if we can give him mftl+ combat speed for that sea hag feat
Lol yea he does. He also has a feat where he straight up eats lightning happened in his short movie thay came out a few years back i think.
An idk nothing about calcing so i leave that all to you

It seems like base Popeye deserves an upgrade. His powers and abilities all seem legit. The only issue here is his AP and durability for his spinach state. Seems closer to regular star level.

Another Popeye feat from the Fleischer shorts (Blow me down, 1933).
Popeye post Spinach is strong enough to hit Bluto so hard that he circles the Earth in around seven seconds, and is fast enough to react to Bluto as he returns back.

Made a calc for popeye launching bluto around the earth which netted Small City Level and sub-relativistic speeds for base popeye got anything else that needs calcs?

Is anyone brave enough to go through the sailor's old comics? Could very likely be in there.
@Y3kthunder pointed out the problem with that:
Ima tell you all right now for free those feats do not exist unless theyre from an old comic which admittedly are really hard to come by. Ive watched every episode read every comic i coukd find ive searched far an wide across the internet.
We could possibly find the old comics, but I doubt it.

Lol yea he does. He also has a feat where he straight up eats lightning happened in his short movie thay came out a few years back i think.
An idk nothing about calcing so i leave that all to you
How far back did you go into the comics? Like if I bought this, would I find anything you haven't so far?

How far back did you go into the comics? Like if I bought this, would I find anything you haven't so far?
Yea you probably would find stuff in that. That i didn't thats some of popeyes first ever appearances way back in the 30s and 40s the serires i read was This though ngl if thats right an there is over 100 books in that series i hv not read them all but like the first 60 or so those were the only 1s i coukd find. If you do buy that book i hv honestly no idea what you may or may not find

Oh my bad that series is legit his first series ever as in 1928 to 1930 ed segar wrote that. So ye ngl its a gamble popeye has a few different comic series no idea what u might find in his og run coukd find gold or you could find zip

I don’t think that would be possible mainly because the sun is a gas so you can’t really do that to it
By that logic, feats regarding stellar destruction would also be deemed illegitimate? The same could also be said for larger planets such as Jupiter or Saturn (as they are majority composed of Gas)

Gas still holds mass.

Also the Sun technically isn't even "Gas" it's predominantly formed of Plasma.

Last edited:
Oh my bad that series is legit his first series ever as in 1928 to 1930 ed segar wrote that. So ye ngl its a gamble popeye has a few different comic series no idea what u might find in his og run coukd find gold or you could find zip
Alright, I'll buy this and see where it leads.

giphy.gif

See y'all on the other side.

If all celestial body feats from Popeye are banned from use, then there will be a big drop in AP for Spinach Popeye.

Speed will drop to MHS or even subsonic (well pre spinach is high MHS and post spinach is low MHS+)

(but looks like not all celestial body feats are rejected - most tier 5 and tier 4 feats are not allowed by our current standards)

If all celestial body feats from Popeye are banned from use, then there will be a big drop in AP for Spinach Popeye.

Speed will drop to MHS or even subsonic (well pre spinach is high MHS and post spinach is low MHS+)

(but looks like not all celestial body feats are rejected - most tier 5 and tier 4 feats are not allowed by our current standards)

@Eficiente Ready to have a double pair of eye review?
Or want Ant to call more calc members?
(In fact I am sleepy now so see you tomorrow)

I'm disappointed on myself on how late I understood that. Granted Popeye had the meaning and pronunciation of his name lost from where I'm from.

In the first Popeye Caught Lightning feat, the lightning is already hitting him and then he grabs it, anyone can do that with lightning acting like that and the ability to grab it.

I would love to just leave be the Popeye Cracked a Sun feat, but with the speed we see the tree move magically making itself go from perceivable to FTL, it kinda makes more sense to think that it's like the other sun feat and the sun is just in the sky, hence the tree was suddenly able to hit it. Also, the Knuckle Joe feat was downgraded to this and it's supported.

Didn’t Popeyes fight pre crisis Superman?
And what about the feat where he became a rocket and flew to the moon?What about the feat where he punched so hard he broke the animation reel and the animator had to fix it?

Back