• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Popeye VS Post-Crisis Superman

PopEye
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man. I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, I'm strong to the finich, cause I eats me spinach, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man.

Post-Crisis Superman
Speed is equalized.

Superman because he's invulnerable. Says so on his page.

In all seriousness, I don't know how good Popeye's toon force or plot manipulation is, but can Superman even get past Mid-Godly regen? Popeye's got this if he can't.

DerpCity said:
Superman because he's invulnerable. Says so on his page.
In all seriousness, I don't know how good Popeye's toon force or plot manipulation is, but can Superman even get past Mid-Godly regen? Popeye's got this if he can't.
I dont think so. Superman could win if he had mind control, transmutation or sealing. Offensive abilities are no good against mid godly regen

Does this count as a hax stomp? I don't think Superman has any way of passing through Popeye's Regenerationn (The dude can regenerate from literally nothing), there's also his Space-Time Manipulation, Toon Force and Plot Manipulation, and even if Superman manages to kill Popeye, he has Ressurection, he is also is in a similar level of power (Assuming this is the spinach form) and the equalized speed prevents Superman from blitzing.

Yeah, that's not Mid-Godly.

And where does the Plot Manipulation come from? Is it from punching the writer, cause that has been discarded.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yeah, that's not Mid-Godly.
And where does the Plot Manipulation come from? Is it from punching the writer, cause that has been discarded.
Don't you think you should make a Content Revision Thread?

Our cartoon profiles in general are a bit wanked (not counting the ones with actual plot like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time)

The real cal howard said:
Our cartoon profiles in general are a bit wanked (not counting the ones with actual plot like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time)
Yeah i see plot manipulation ftw being wanked wanked for cartoon characters, even though many of them are gag and not even quantifiable. Featherine Augustus has true plot maniupluation for example

I remember a dark time when we had the biggest wank for a cartoon character. Tier 4 Spongebob who was legitimately holding his own against Kirby.

The real cal howard said:
I remember a dark time when we had the biggest wank for a cartoon character. Tier 4 Spongebob who was legitimately holding his own against Kirby.
I am looking forward to see how many wanked cartoon characters are debunked in future. They get too much leeway for unquantifiable gag feat.

Not talking about attack potency. Some of his abilities are suspect for gag which is unquantifiable. And surely not comprabale to serious profiles with the same abilities

So, are you guys going to make a Content Revision Thread to change Popeye's abilities? Because in the way the page is right now, he seems to haxstomp Superman.

A content revision thread is needed. Without the Regenerationn or plot manipulation, it's a major stomp on favor of Superman. With them, it might be a better fight, but I'm not sure what will stay and to what levels.

Popeye's page also mentions Flight, Time and Space Manipulation and Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Transmutation, where do those come from?

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Popeye's page also mentions Flight, Time and Space Manipulation and Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Transmutation, where do those come from?
The profile is a mess with no references, and very likely wanked.

Ok, so, Popeye got revised, and, now I think I'm going with inconclusive, Superman is way more skilled, just as powerful, and seems to have better range attacks, with his Heat Vision and Ice Breath, but I don't think there is anything in his arcenal capable of killing Popeye with that Low-Godly Regenerationn, and even if he manages to kill him, he will ressurect, and his Toon Force makes him very unpredictable.

Toon Force is the most overrated power ever, and Superman now stomps Popeye both on AP, Hax, Speed and everything.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Toon Force is the most overrated power ever, and Superman now stomps Popeye both on AP, Hax, Speed and everything.
Well it's a problem since the wiki hasn't even defined how strong toonforce is. I would rather not have a joke power like toonforce here at all really, it's not compatible with serious hax.

Back