• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poseidon's Feat (Record of Ragnarok)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in these two panels, for his introduction, Poseidon decides to casually move away some water in front of him.

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/v2/vy918232/vol3_chapter_14_ruler_of_the_seas/7.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/v2/vy918232/vol3_chapter_14_ruler_of_the_seas/8.jpg

Can anyone calculate this feat? It looks like it is 9-A. It might give an upgrade for Kojiro.

EDIT:

As a side note, there is also a feat for Kojiro, where he stops the waves around the arena by just drawing his sword:

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/v2/vy918232/vol3_chapter_14_ruler_of_the_seas/22.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/v2/vy918232/vol3_chapter_14_ruler_of_the_seas/24.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/v2/vy918232/vol3_chapter_14_ruler_of_the_seas/25.jpg

How powerful would this feat be?

The links aren't working for me and you should probably ask calc group members if something can be correctly calculated or not.

Poseidon is supposed to scale to Casual Zeus at least but Kojiro doing an objectively Subsonic feat was too much for him to handle lmao.

Kojiro has a literal subsonic feat "Swinging his sword 2000 times a second" and that is enough to overwhelm Poseidon.

Swinging a sword 2000 times in 1 second is way above subsonic if calcs of people slashing a person x times before they could react are anything to off of. It's still nowhere near the speed of light, but it's ain't subsonic either.

Swinging a sword 2000 times in 1 second is way above subsonic if calcs of people slashing a person x times before they could react are anything to off of. It's still nowhere near the speed of light, but it's ain't subsonic either.
Point stands, Kojiro's feat sucks compared to Zeus.

I mean immediately after we see .0001 second barrages.
He was probably just suprised a human could achieve those speeds, and caught off guard.

He didn't dodge the rest. Adam's Meteor Jab hit him square in the face, and the time frame that was given right before that happened was only 0.00001 sec.

Adam attacks and cuts zeus

Zeus is surprised and notices the familiarity of those moves

Zeus evades the rest

Adam uses metor jab

Zeus is again surprised and gets hit

Adam continues and once finished he quickly follows with the god axe

Zeus says he is impressed

Zeus tries a new move

Adam copies and sticks backs

Zeus is send back and starts to understand what is happening

Then followed by his punch that surpasses time

Ai, but it's funny seeing people legitemately argue that "being surprised" is a believable reason for why an FTL character would get hit by a subsonic attack when it's the equivalent of a human being being hit by an attack moving at 1 cm/h.

Ai, but it's funny seeing people legitemately argue that "being surprised" is a believable reason for why an FTL character would get hit by a subsonic attack when it's the equivalent of a human being being hit by an attack moving at 1 cm/h.
I have never talked about FTL or subsonic

All I have been talking about is that adam has caught zeus by surprise and gotten hits on him

None of the gods are that strong let's be ******* real.

At most they have some hype. Lu Bu's feat is by far the best in the series so far. You look at fights like Kojiro vs Poseidon or Jack vs Heracles and the feats all suck. Even in the current story with Shiva all of his feats suck and the most he gets is some "I can destroy the world!" hype.

I can agree with that, but people some times take flavor text too literal. I'm kind of guilty 9f the rating, as I put Kojiro at Rel+ based in Ares reaction (although after that, nothing to do with).

So? Lower feats don’t really disprove anything by themselves, only if they s
are shown struggling with something basic.
Think of this from a writing perspective. How do you show power when it makes little sense to directly show anything too large ( there isn’t much of an excuse to just blow up a planet in the story.) you use a few statements, with how consistent these are, they can’t be ignored.

No?
Lower feats by themselves mean nothing unless it can be proven as there max power.
If I push, let’s say 200 pounds. Just because I don’t show that often doesn’t disprove that I can do that unless I struggle with 160, it just shows that I don’t do it often.

Statements are statements, the fact that both Thor and shiva have them suggest that they ain’t false or inconsistent.
Wrong. After the I was shown the raws, I found out that Thor was never stated to be able to shatter planet Earth. "Earth" was literally used in the sense of ground, but you couldn't tell from the translations because everything was in capslocks. And the source of Shiva's statement is unreliable af, it's by that announcer guy that has constantly been shown getting things wrong.
How do you show power when it makes little sense to directly show anything too large ( there isn’t much of an excuse to just blow up a planet in the story.)
There is plenty of an excuse to show them blowing up planets. Most of these myths involve someone somewhen destroying or creating the world, sometimes more than once. We've already seen Zeus' fight with Chronos was in outer space, that would have been a good time to show them blowing up a planet or something, in a backstory where it wouldn't matter how much destruction their attacks cause.

So what are the conclusions here, if any?

Why?
Statements are statements, the fact that both Thor and shiva have them suggest that they ain’t false or inconsistent.
Statements are statements. But vague statements are not what we count for feats.
One can say the same mumbo jumbo as many times as they like. But with no discernable context, they are just that.

So what was this thread about then? And if the revision is happening on another thread, this one should probably be closed.

It was literally some guy asking what tier what Poseidon did would be, it was posted in the calc group discussion board initially, idk who moved it and why.

Doesn't even matter cuz the links in the op are broken and Poseidon would scale to the rest of the gods anyway. So yeah, you can just close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back