• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Avatar upgrades (Calcs needed)

Most feats and calcs for the Avatar series on this wiki comes from the show, but there's also a series of cano comic books and a cano Korra video game. I was wondering if they could result in possible upgrades. Most would require someone to calc them first though.

Here's the ones I thought were note-worthy but I might've missed some. I put them in chronological order of the series. There's also one comic I haven't read yet and that might have some nice feats so I'll check it later but for now:

Aang sneezes and dodges fireball (Book 1: Water)

Seems like a possible speed feat. Aang sneezing up into the sky in a short timeframe is probably not possible to calc but he then dodges a fireball that traversed a very long distance in a very short timeframe (while Aang was still quite high in the air). We could possibly figure out the fireball's speed and therefore Aang's reaction speed to it.

Atlafeats5

Katara creates a big wave (Book 1)

Not quite sure how good this one is but it seems above what she usually shows in the show

Atlafeats10

Aang creates a whirlwind/earth attack and cracks a mountain (Book 2: Earth)

Most probably not that big of a mountain but it could still be a good AP feat. If you look at the bottom left, Aang has cracked a mountain across while sleeping with his air/earth bending.

Atlafeats6

Katara splits a lake (Book 2)

Katara splits a lake in half. The second scan has a clearer image of the lake so it should give you a good grasp on how much she moved.

Atlafeats8
Atlafeats7

Aang summons a large wave on Combustion Man (Book 3: Fire)

Probably one of Aang's best non-avatar state water feats. In this scene he also dodged the Combustion Man's attacks at a close range (inside a train) but I don't think we could get a speed feat from it.

Atlafeats9

Toph summons a very large earth-slide-thing (The Promise)

Maybe the biggest Earth construct Toph has summoned if you actually notice how large it is.

Atlafeats
Atlafeats2

Aang (in Avatar state) causes a fissure around Yu Dao (The Promise)

This is the feat I noticed immediately when reading the comics. Might be enough to trump his usual avatar state feats and maybe even Kyoshi's?

Atlafeats3
Atlafeats4

I didn't get any noticable feats from "The Search" that could be possible upgrades. Other than Azula doing something cool with lightning bending, there was nothing to note.

Toph holds up a collapsing mine roof (The Rift)

Toph holds up the collapsing roof of a mine underground for several minutes before it's removed. The second scan shows how deep/wide it was. It's shown the roof is made up of earth with very large chunks of iron. If anyone's interested in calcing this I could give them the scans showin the iron being removed so they'd know how much it is.

Atlafeats11
Atlafeats12

Aang (in Avatar state) fights General Iron (The Rift)

The first scan shows up General Iron's sheer size. The second, Aang holding his own against him with a giant earth-bended body. And the third, Aang one-shotting him with waterbending once his armor was removed. We could scale Aang in avatar state to General Iron's size or the fact he was threatening to destroy a factory and town and earlier an Air Nomad temple.

Atlafeats13
Atlafeats14
Atlafeats15

The following feats are from the same video but I linked them to the parts that matter.

Korra (in Avatar state) creates an elemental burst (Korra video game)

Her ultimate move in the game . Considering the area it covers, it could be her best elemental avatar state feat. Maybe this video doesn't have the best angle but there's other videos of it online.

Hundun raises a huge chunk of land (video game)

Korra stands up to this guy in her base form and later stomps him in avatar state so her base form would scale to him. Before their fight he does this.

Korra (in Avatar state) brings down a huge boulder (video game)

Korra finishes him off with this impressive avatar state feat.

I imagine a couple of stuff might, especially base Korra scaling to Hundun who has that earth-bending feat. But calcing these is needed and I don't want to try myself in case I suck.

It's ok.

But looking at then, several calc but most likely be in the same the characters already are.

But justification and help is always appreciated

That Hundun feat would surely upgrade Korra's room-level base AP to building or higher? It's clearly above room. Yeah, we need calcers.

Only the Korra one released in 2014.

The story is written by the creators of the show (Bryan and Michael) and a two other writers and it was confirmed to be canon in a game panel. It takes place between book 2 and 3 of Korra.

Should this be mentioned on a calculations thread?

Those video game theads are easily worth a possible upgrade

Back