• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Bleach downgrade: Part 1 - speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copied from here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dT4hJChYY99roNE8HvcWkeTAfF3T25fz5aHrq0-AZs0/edit#

Preface: Light has a constant speed, it cannot change. Light cannot explode, nor can it have impact force or notable mass. It is not tangible and cannot be interacted with physically normally. Light also cannot bend, it can refract at angles but never curve. Bending or turning of any kind requires acceleration and since light is always constant, it can't accelerate and so cannot bend.

As most lasers/light in fiction are not real or provable real as often do not function anywhere close to how real light should, a few of these criteria should be met:

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
It has its origin in a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

Feats:
  1. Ceros in Bleach are argued as being light speed due to being called spiritual light in databooks, alongside being stated to be light in the Can't Fear Your Own World novels. The issue lies in the fact Ceros are stated to have density and are made of mass (reishi), and have either been shown to explode or have impact force. A cero used by a powerful Arrancar in the novels was calced to sub rel given the data we are given.
  2. Negacion is called a beam of light in databooks and stated to be light by Yamamoto. Vice Captains react to it. The issue is Negacion breaks rocks off the ground and lifts them up like some kind of reishi elevator. Its functions are nothing like an actual beam of light.
  3. Auswählen is called a ray of light. Beyond Byakuya saying “what is that light”, we have nothing else in regards to this ability. It could possibly be light speed, but it only has one point going for it. It is currently calced in sub rel ranges from the SS to SK palace distance we use.
  4. Lille describes his powers as being light. We later see that his power does seem to be based on light as he creates balls of light to fight against Kyoraku and his shadows. The issue is his light moves cleave entire city sides. He also calls his light names like “Light of Judgement”, which has a bit of flair. Most supposed intandem movement is also offscreen. Kyoraku has the ability to hide in the shadows with his Shikai. Lille realizes this and attempts to draw out Kyoraku by removing his shadow from the ground by creating light to remove the shadow. Nanao reflects his “light of god”, but the reflection seems to be due to his powers being “divine”, as her blade reflects divine abilities. Furthermore, again his light blows off large portions of the entire city.
  5. The shadow blitzs. The dude's shadow isn't drawn super accurately in the first place, unless the light is directly vertically above him, in which case the way it shrinks doesn't make sense, because it thins out at top and bottom but not the left and right. The shadow does lighten and get smaller, meaning the light would need to have traveled that far. The place where his feet were, aka the only place that was 100% dark, is illuminated more than the center of the shadow. Regardless, I think it would be a stretch to call this a feat. It's extrapolating quite a lot from a fairly minor detail. It’s an art thing, as this even happens with kid Byakuya.
  6. While quincies arrows have been called rays of light before, they are constructs of light. Speed depends on arm strength with the bow, and other factors.

Lastly is the sheer disturbing amount of sub rel to rel feats being far more consistent in verse, with the novels driving this home with mid tiers and some high tiers constantly struggling with speeds above mhs+. I have seen calcs get higher results for the feats we already use, but most are through calc stacking.

Same afaik ^

not sure what you're addressing with this post most of those "light feats" are shut down.

Where have i seen this Doc before

Are you aware that every single of your 6 points that you have listed is never used in the profiles? You are trying to downgrade something that doesn’t exists.
LMAO. Like bro i was like what the **** am i even reading? We dont even use this shit.

Same afaik ^

not sure what you're addressing with this post most of those "light feats" are shut down.

Where have i seen this Doc before
Its cybers doc he did for madara vs aizen. Apparently op used some of the stuff in it to make a speed "downgrade"

I’ll grab a staff member to close this considering we don’t use any of the statistics/feats mentioned in the OP.

Copium for both of you
Jokes on you I'm into that shit
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back