• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Danny Phantom Downgrades

Vlad Plasmius is listed as being City Block level for destroying multiple buildings in the episode "Infinite Realms", but in the episode in question, he uses multiple attacks to do so, and the buildings don't even look to be completely destroyed. The feat in question can be found here, starting at 16:20.

In addition, I am unsure if Danny's Ghostly Wail is City Block level either, as the only two major destruction feats he has with it are: breaking the windows of surrounding buildings while launching a car and leveling a single three story building (feat is hereat 43:58) and the other feat I could find is destroying an army of living Christmas trees (hereat 14:45). I am unsure of what exactly either of these feats would come out to, but I highly doubt they would be City Block level.

Some input would be appreciated.

I think that this seems reasonable. So, a downgrade to regular Building level instead then?

Danny is already Building level+ with his regular energy attacks through this, so the Ghostly Wail should put be at least Building level+. Vlad Plasmius should be at least Building level+ for being superior to Danny at the time that feat was performed in late Season 2, though Danny was more of an even match for him by the end of the series. Dan Phantom, being stronger than both Danny and Vlad, is likely anywhere from Building+ to Large Building level. He also withstood getting hit by the Ghostly Wail multiple times in a row. Also, I am unsure why Danny has Large Building level durability. It should probably be changed to Building level+

Also of note is this respect thread I found, which could be useful.

Danny only had Vortex's powers for one episode before they went away, and I am unsure of what tier Vortex would be in without someone calcing his feats. From what I can tell, Vortex can control weather on a global level and can summon lightning from the sky, encase buildings in snow and ice simply by passing over them, and Vlad's powers were only an annoyance to him.

I am also unsure of where other high tiers such as Undergrowth would be. Undergrowth was able to control plant life to overtake the town of Amity Park in what seemed to only be a matter of hours, and he casually lifted constuction vehicles with his vines.

Danny's Ecto-Skeleton increased his power x100, which puts him at 8-A, so Pariah is at least 8-A. Upon another viewing, Ecto-Skeleton Danny was actually fighting rather evenly with Pariah for a while, only beginning to lose the upper hand later due to the suit draining his stamina. So Low 7-C for Pariah Dark might be too high. Pariah is likely at least comparable to other high tier ghosts such as Vortex and Undergrowth, but someone would have to try to calc some of their feats.

I thought Low 7-C Pariah was a bit much too. At least 8-A seems reasonable.

Due to a recent thread regarding "Environmental Damage" calculations, I'm not sure if the Vortex stuff would be fully applicable. If you know any other impressive feats, I'll try to calc them.

At 18:50 here, Vortex duplicates himself and one duplicate freezes buildings as I mentioned, but the other melts the buildings by flying past them, which could be a calcable feat. He also created planet-wide storms, but that may not be applicable. Otherwise, he's at least Building level+ for being considerably superior to Danny and Vlad, and for being able to summon lightning.

Admittedly, I was very busy during the time that thread was active, I'll watch it and see if it's applicable or not. I just recall storm calling feats being a point of contention.

Melting a building can yield pretty high results. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Edit: Nevermind. It's pretty clear Vortex was using his weather as an offensive attack so it should be usable.

At least Building+ for Vlad seems fine. He's stronger than Danny, but I'm not sure if he's strong enough to warrant City Block level.

Dunno about the Ghostly Wail. I guess it was City Block for being much stronger than his normal attacks. I guess replacing "likely 8-B" with "likely higher" should work.

As for Vortex. As I said, he seemed to use his weather for offensive attacks rather than just show so I think we can derive his tier from that. As for the yield, I'm calculating that right now. It probably wont scale to his durability however, since he was defeated with Danny's weather powers. As for his durability, I think "At least Building level+, likely Large Building level" should work since not even the combined efforts of Vlad and Danny could stop him.

We only use a "+" sign if there is a calculation placing a feat in the upper half of a tier. If this is the case here, then never mind.

Anyway, I think that seems fine.

@Antvasima Danny has a calc here that came out to 1.2 tons of TNT, which should be Building level+

Apparently, creating planetary storms is High 6-C according to this, which could be used for Vortex's environmental destruction as he was causing destructive weather across the planet. Vortex primarily used lightning bolts for attack purposes, which would be Building level+. Not sure what would be the best approach for Vortex's profile.

EDIT: Only just saw the new calc now.

I just finished the Vortex feat.

If worse comes to worse, we could use that Storm calc. It's lowballed and general enough to be applicable for other series since it's just a planetary storm in general.

@Dinobot. I vaguely recall someone saying that Building+ starts at 1.4 tons instead of 1.2 tons, but I could be misremembering.

I'll update Danny and Vlad's profiles, as well as whoever's scaled to them.

What would Vortex's speed be, I wonder?

Edit: Someone had previously changed Danny's attack potency rating to Building+, and I thought the + was added if the value was above the halfway point between the lower and higher ends of the subtier, correct? 1.2 tons should be just above the halfway point.

He flew from Venice Italy to Amity Park, which is in central USA in a very short amount of time. Unfortunately, the timeframe is unclear but I don't think it took more than a few minutes. Doing a rough estimate with this tool netted me around Mach 29 with using a point in Central USA in a timeframe of 5 minutes.

Also, didn't Danny outpace a Space shuttle at one point?

I don't remember that, though I thought there was an episode where Danny was only able to fly into orbit with a specialized rocket pack. This calc puts him at Mach 17 with the rocket pack.

Edit: I suppose I could put Vortex's flight speed as being at least Hypersonic+, unless a better option can be found.

Danny was talking and doing tricks during that flight, so it should scale to his reactionary speed. Hypersonic+ seems pretty consistent since he was able to keep pace with Vortex.

@God-King Superman I don't think Pariah Dark would scale to Vortex's environmental destruction, as he didn't seem to show any feats that could suggest he could cause that much destruction at once. Pariah's power was apparantly feared by all ghosts in the Ghost Zone, but Vortex didn't seem to be present there at the time.

@Kkapoios Danny reacted to projectile attacks from behind him during his flight.

Now that I think about it, when Danny was traveling at Mach 17, he was avoiding projectile attacks from behind him fired by someone who was traveling as fast as him, so I might make the feat less impressive. He did react to cannonballs in the episode "Pirate Radio", so his reactions should at least be Supersonic, I believe.

Back