• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible evidence that Dragon Level monsters are multi-city level

A lot of you have been arguing about the disaster levels and if they're reliable enough to use for DC. For the Dragon Levels we've tried to power scale it with a comet but i think we have a better way of understanding now.

For one the disaster levels of all the monsters have been revealed through a handbook:

http://imgur.com/a/6FOHO

It's not translated. But both the OPM subreddits and the wiki have translated the disaster levels.

Now my first point is Beefcake. Beefcake has so far been one of the most destructive characters, he effortlessly destroyed a city and was shown to be quite durable as he didn't blow up from a Saitama punch. And his level is Demon Level, meaning that effortlessly destroying a city was enough for Beefcake to get a Demon level. So if the Demon Level description accurately describes a city buster it would not be a stretch to say that Dragon Levels by description are multi-city level or that by power scaling Dragon Levels are far above city busters like Beefcake.

Now another thing to understand is that these levels are assesed by the Heroes Association based on how much of a threat they pose, so it's very likely that for example Beefcake might've been higher but because Saitama took care of him so easily he wasn't able to show off being Dragon Level. Meaning that enemies that do get Dragon Level must've done feats far above Beefcake's level in order to get such a score from the association.

And then there's durability. For that let's take Genos who's city buster by feats. He fought against Sea King who's also considered Demon Level and it was very difficult for Genos to even be able to damage him. And then there was Carnage Kabuto/Asura Rhino who is a Dragon Level threat and was not even remotely damaged by Genos, he even tanked Genos's blasts by just blowing air.

Those are reliable evidence that Demon Levels are around City level and Dragon Levels are way higher than that.

So i'm not sure if you guys will consider it sufficient evidence however i think these are sufficient to prove that Disaster Levels are a reliable method of determining Attack Potency and Durability.

Actually, Vaccine Man being Dragon Level with only, what, 4 megatons of DC, is the evidence of the disaster levels being the scale of destruction, not the dc itself. For example, Sea King, who was clearly superior to Vaccine Man for being able to own Genos, whose blasts were calced at 14 megatons, didn't have any attacks with area of effect, hence the Demon Level for him.

How is Genos superior to Vaccine Man? That's just going off feats for a character who barely appeared for a full chapter. Vaccine Man was one-shot by Saitama, so there is no way to estimate his power relative to Genos.

Alakabamm said:
How is Genos superior to Vaccine Man? That's just going off feats for a character who barely appeared for a full chapter. Vaccine Man was one-shot by Saitama, so there is no way to estimate his power relative to Genos.
The feats shown put Genos above Vaccine Man. And he was still put into Dragon Level by the Hero Organisation despite showing nothing impressive, while the more feat-worthy Sea King was only on Demon Level. I think it's not the best idea to claim all Dragon Level monsters are multi-city.

Actually, it's possible that Dragon Levels are multi country, as the anime and the manga imply each city is actually as big as a country each, occupying the Saitama prefecture shaped super continent they live on.

AsuraDestructor said:
Actually, it's possible that Dragon Levels are multi country, as the anime and the manga imply each city is actually as big as a country each, occupying the Saitama prefecture shaped super continent they live on.
No dragon level monster had ever shown multi-country feats. Heck, even the island level feats are rare as hell, only with Boros having one. And that's not mentioning Vaccine Man, who was barely a city-level (or maybe even town level IIRC).

Only multi country level dragon threat was the meteor, for being able to actually bust the full area of 2/3 cities/zones, and it's not scalable since that was supposed to be one of the most dangerous dragon level threats

Vaccine didn't have time to show his full power. Genos - not ONE current Genos - but Murata current Genos - can't even beat a demon level. You can say that he was weaker by feats, but the data book implies that this is just not true. Saitama one shot Asura Kabuto - who was >>>>Genos - and he one shot Vaccine Man as well. You can't just say "feats imply" for a character that didn't get the time to show feats.

The rating for Vaccine Man was given by the Hero Organization based on the destructions he caused before getting one-shot. Which was calced as pitiful 4 megatons. Meaning that the Disaster Levels don't apply for the Attack Potency. And Vaccine Man being Dragon Level while not even showing a solid city level feat makes the whole "multi-city/country Dragon Levelers" theory crumble.

G4 was Demon Level and Genos beat him, and then got upgraded with his remains.

The reason I say that he isn't firmly Dragon level yet is becasue Metal Bat can't even beat a solid Dragon level by himself in the Murata manga.....and Metal Bat crushed multiple demon levels in a row and still had enough to fight Garou (who can also take on multiple demon levels). Genos was wrecked after his fight with G4 and even nearly lost to Sonic after the upgrade.

But yea, I'm sure the Hero organization had a reason to upgrade him. Also, Vaccine Man had a higher level form which he used against Saitama right before dying (much like Asura Kabuto). His true disaster level may be something that ONE decided by himself.

Also, consider Beefcake once more. Beefcake could destroy a city at the very least and the Hero Organization did not upgrade him to Drago...there is too much there to suggest that Vaccine Man is lesser than Genos.

I am not saying that Genos is Dragon Level. He got owned by the Black Sperm post-upgrade.

Yet we weren't shown anything that may give Vaccine Man the higher DC just based on him being Dragon Level. In fact, he didn't show his true form before his "fight" against Saitama, so the Hero Organization had no way to properly judge it's level.

As I said, Beefcake being Demon Level looks like one of the goof-ups with Disaster Levels as well. The dude was casually wrecking huge portions of the city and didn't get his ass gutted or exploded by Saitama's punch. That should place him higher than Sea King and even Asura Rhino. Now about Sea King. I have already told why Sea King being only Demon Level makes no sense with Vaccine Man being Dragon Level with his poor showings. There are other examples: Giant Snowman being Demon Level despite being 1 km tall and being potentially capable of wrecking cities by movement only. Most of the Demon Levels (like Giant Crow and Surprise Attack Plum) don't even reach building level of destruction. Then there is Subterranian King, who also wasn't gutted by Saitama's kick and was hinted to be on the level of power near the Sea King, while also being Demon Level.

That's why I object to using Disaster Levels to judge character's destructive capability. They are too inconsistent to be actually used for determining the characters' power. Feats and probably other statements should be used instead. Same goes for the Hero Ranks as well.

But WoG is what decided the power levels. Beefcake wasn't given a disaster level in the manga/anime/original comic, he was assigned one in a databook (WoG again).

Subteranian King was a pun. Giant Snowman only shows that Beefcake's disaster level is legit.

You don't have enough evidence to judge Vaccine Man. WoG >>>> subjective opinions on this topic any day.

But Vaccine Man was given a level in manga/web-comic IIRC.

Do you know what pun is? Cause I'm not sure you're using this word right. And you didn't address Giant Crow or Surprise Attack Plum being Demon Levels while having feats not higher than building level.

I do, though. His feats are lacking and his rating was given. That is only one inconsistency from a whole lot of them. And if we speak about Sea King again, he was able to wreck upgraded Genos who was able to keep up with Demon Level Mosquito Girl. More than that, he only got a hole in his chest made by Saitama's punch while the Dragon Level Asura Rhino was blown to bits. Not even the Monster Association strongest members had shown multi-city/country level achievements. So yeah, it's wildly inconsistent and should not be used for scaling.

I am using the word pun right. An entire chapter was based around a dream Saitama had, which ended up culminating in another disappointment. That's why he is a pun.

While it's true Vaccine Man was given that level in the source, I never stated he wasn't. I was referring to Beefcake.

I don't need to address arguments about characters that didn't even have a couple pages of showing and were one-shot by Saitama. You can't scale based on them nor can you decide what the ranking system means with them. If it was a character like Black Sperm/Golden Sperm, fine, they showed up for many chapters. But the others? No, they didn't, you can judge based on them.

This is ignoring the fact that you can't see that WoG is better than any type of inconsistency argument that you put out. If ONE states that Genos loses to a 6th grader, guess what? Genos does and we scale the 6th grader to above Genos.

So right now, we know that two seriously big characters that could bust cities are demon level and that someone who can't even beat a dragon level threat is a city buster (Genos). Every single dragon level threat shown is beyond Genos. Why would Vaccine Man be the exception?

It's not a pun though. It's just a joke.

I was referring to Vaccine Man because he had shown lesser destruction capability level than Beefcake, which was seen by the HO, but was placed on the higher level despite that.

No, in that case the WoG would be under a heavy skepticism because of all lack of logic behind it. Feats >>> Word of God.

Because he has no feats that should even put him at that level. His rating was given by HO not because of his power but because of the destructions he caused, which were kinda lackluster and even Genos' destructive capability was calced as being better. Beefcake being the lower threat level despite showing the bigger destruction capability is also another thing that invalidates the HO Monster ranking system.

Back