• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He truly is not. He is saying that google translate is ***** aand will ignore all evidence that uses it.

Well, Google translate is far less reliable than human translators who are well-versed in the language.

The reason Google translate is unreliable is that sometimes they're used and we can try translating something from English to Japanese and then translate the same text back to English, we get entirely different sentences. Another common issue is that different languages have different standards for what words are considered literal or figurative. And they have different word definitions and different words are synonyms to other words in some languages but not in other languages in which said language also has other synonyms. For example, the Japanese word "Hoshi" which is the Japanese word for star is also frequently used as a synonym for planet.

Also, I recall ProtoDude/Vivi Orniator; the same person who made the calculation here said that "Stars showing in the middle of the day" was a mistranslation. And he also said there was no proof that the Divine Weapons effected anything that was beyond the planet's atmosphere. And I heard he was generally good with translations and he's definitely knowledgeable with calculations, so I do trust him with stuff like this.

Fair enough. I thought that if the translation contained the word "hoshi" then we could discuss this further, since it wouldn't make any sense to say that "the planets shone" or something like that. But since that isn't the case, I can see why we can't make them 4-C.

However, in their calculations, we saw that the final tally in the low end was Low 6-B, so shouldn't we at least make the FE 6/7 cast that?

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34...=2&ss_id=4d1ce042-a99c-4188-8de3-692be2bfaa15

rtx. I found a nico link of the chapter Jahn appears at. Maybe you can find the quotes you need here.

And, one thing a lot of people havre ignored for the Scouring/Ending winter, is that the dragons were STOMPED by the Holy weapons, to the point they had to create stones and turn into manaketes to survive. They did not put any equivalent comeback against the weapons and were driven to almost extinction.

I don't think there was anything about "stars shining in the middle of the day" but I mostly just skimmed through the video. Ill check again later.

And as far as I know, the humans only gained the UPPER HAND after they got the legendary weapons. They only stomped the dragons after the ending winter, due to the fact that they couldn't remain in their dragon forms for very long.

I mean, there was a whole society of dragons (as seeen in FE6) against 8 people.

It is fair to say that it this advaantage was indeed significant. It is just unrealistic to give the dragons equal merit to the holy weapons in creating the ending winter

Before the Divine weapons were made, the Dragons were the once stomping the humans. And I'm not against bringing the Ending Winter calculation back, but we're going to need JustSomeWeirdo's and/or Dark649's approval first. I do agree the Ending Winter alone was the primary reason Dragons started losing and that Divine Weapons do legit oneshot War Dragons weakened or not.

Also, it might enable Roy, Idenn, and Zephiel be back to Tier 6 since Sealed Sword was never implied to be weakened, but unsure about anyone else. The others might stay Unknow unless JSW or Dark have anything to say. But we'd also need input from them before we do anything.

Even semi-weakened Durandal in FE7 was able to one shot Ninian, who one shotted the fire dragons (who no one knows what their ******* tiering is at this point). So, this scale chain could be used to get them (FE7 cast) a tiering

@Ted Ed, don't be rude. Also, I brought up why that isn't the best source, and that the Dragons burning the Continent within a month wouldn't qualify for Tier 6. I even calculated that the best assumable feat for that would be High 7-A, and I also noted that even that's based on guess work and not all the reliable.

Actually, I've been hearing a lot from a certain someone, but I don't know where that is actually sourced. I looked the transcript but found nothing about its size. Not to mention the Geography is shaped similar to Europe. Even if was assumed Pangea sized, and used the other method, the feat would still only be Island level. Niime's statement however did confirm it was effecting the planet's atmosphere, which was used in the calculation.

I agree with Medeus here, there isn't really anything that shows or implies that Elibe is a pangean continent. But I think it is safe to say that some of the FE 7 cast should be upgraded to Tier 6, like Medeus said.

This is irrelevant to this discussion, but while we are on the topic of FE, will we not create FE 16 profiles for a while to avoid potential spoilers?

@Rtxthegamer, we're actually in the middle of discussing feats; characters for Three Houses should be made not too long from now. But we just want to make sure the profiles are well organized and all that before publishing them. And we decided October would be a good time to basically say no need to hide any more spoilers.

@Medeus

You can ask other staff members who are knowledgeable about the verse to comment here if you wish.

I have ask JustSomeWeirdo, but he appears to be inactive, I will ask Dark649 if he has anything to add.

Perhaps, it is still unknown how much the holy weapons individually can do.

They don't like the ninian scaaling, so, i just give up.

Also, i do swear i saw Hoshi being used in Yahn's description, but watching nico nico is hell, if you can find it, it would be of upmost help.

Waiting on JustSomeWierdo's input since he's the one who initially downgraded them.

JustSomeWeirdo is not very active anymore, but you can remind him via his message wall if you wish.

I think that if he does find Hoshi lile i recall, it could be a reasonable enough argument for 4-C to 4-A

I have contacted him on Discord, but I could ask some others for more input.

Ted Ed said:
Also, i do swear i saw Hoshi being used in Yahn's description, but watching nico nico is hell, if you can find it, it would be of upmost help.
All he really said was that "snow fell in the summer, noon became night."

That makes more sense now. I knew there was something up with the translation.

wait, wait, wait. "noon became night."

Doesn't that imply that the Ending Winter has both law manipulation and able to move the sun just enough to change the time of day? That's moon to planet level if not more depending on the time frame

Law manipulation is super stretchy, but causing day to become night, or unending night is a possibility.

Well, he said noon became night. That means that when he was experiencing such event, it was supposed to be noon and became night before expected (12 pm to 5pm to 8pm until 6 am.) So, for Yahn to consider it a very important or amazing event, it must have been done in a shorter time period than the actual hours that separate these two times of day.

Also, snow falling in summer is messing up the earth's atmosphere, which might also be spmething calc-able since it is not a result of winter manipulation, but rawly striking a dragom with a sword that caused it.

It was already calculated to be '''53 Petatons''' the calculation blog was based on the change in temperature over Earth's atmosphere. The change in temperature was around 40 degrees C which goes from 104 degrees F to subzero temperatures. That was the Summer to Winter levels of temperature drop.

I think a high end and low end should be called based on the actual time that should have passed

Also, 53 petatons seems awfully low based om the implications. Changing the earth's atmospjere is far from what's implied here, including the snow in july and the time of day changing stuff.

Back