• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordXcano/Laser_Light_Cannon_Energy_Output_(Revised)

TL;DR There was a flaw in the original Calc which was corrected by Cano. The original result was Country level+ (I think) and the new one is Island level+.

Most Gems, Gem Monsters and Fusions would be downscaled to Large Island as Jasper destroyed a wall that took 4~5 hits from the Laser Light Cannon.

Lapis Lazali, Alexendrite and Malachite would probably stay at High 6-A and Ruby/Sapphire/Steven will stay at 8-A.

Its a shame.

I have no problem to downgrade the Gems to Island+, if this is the one calc that support the stats so we need to do it (assuming that core explotion > Light Cannons)

Actually...now that i think about it shouldnt they be At least Large Island level? After Jasper tanked that explosion she only had a few scrapes and was ready to keep fighting.

I was thinking At Least Lage Island myself, forgot to put it in the OP. Though didn't Jasper break Stevens Shield in "Alone At Sea" or did it just break because she hit Steven?

^ Ill rewatch the episode to make sure.

Alo sorry if I spoiled it @Weekly ;w;

@Dark, I think that she just pushed him from sideway, the shield is strong put Steven hasn't much force to face Jasper.

@WB, what "EXPOSITION" are you talking about?

WeeklyBattles said:
I havent seen any of the new episodes, i didnt know that happened
There is a SU Bomb until August 12, even the creators (Matt Bursomething) said that we should avoid the spoilers, so be careful

Ok i just watched the episode and noticed to things

1. Jasper didnt really break Stsven's shield, she just swatted Stsven out of the way and it dissapeared on its own

2. Lapis may have weather manipulation?

Yeah I just rewatched the episode and noticed that (Possible Steven durability upgrade?). Also theirs a throw away scene where Lapis manipulates Orange Juice so she may have liquid manipulation in general.

I noticed the possible Weather Manipulation too.

Eh, i doubt that would be a durability upgrade, Jasper didnt really hit him or anything, she just pushed him away. Got a link or anything for the orange juice thing?

So should tha be added to her profile? What does everyone else think?

Yeah it's not an upgrade or anything IMHO.

For the liquid and weather one, i suppose we could. It's likely that the liquid one would be used in a combative way like say, Katara from Avatar (though i would like to see that in show. Could be a good hax to have to control the liquid of even inside living beings ^^ ).

I'm not sure about the weather manipulation, I don't remeber much details right now, but I remember the juice thing (cuz little time ago I saw a gif), apparently Lapis (and Malachite) are able to control water-based liquids

Antoniofer said:
I'm not sure about the weather manipulation, I don't remeber much details right now

The weather changed from a bright, sunny day to a rainstorm in a few seconds because Lapis was in distress over Jasper

@Weekly: If one wants to make an SU discussion, sure.

However, i think we should get back to what this thread is about. IMO, i don't mind this downgrade as Xcano had pointed out a flaw in Totally not Cat's original calc. So i'm fine with setting the ones whose tiers are High 6-B down to High 6-C....or at least High 6-C if we go by what Weekly said earlier on Jasper.

Wasn't Amethyst stated to only be a bit weaker than Garnet? IMO it should At least for all of them.

Yeah Jasper definitely doesn't scale to Steven's shield, not to mention it'd be a huge outlier since most feats for the Gems are Town/City level with Large Island level already beind a high-end.

So it seems people agree with the downgrades, should they be applied now?

I'd wait for Ever, he might have some input. Since this is pretty much gonna be accepted though i call dibs on remaking Garnet vs Whitebeard

Oh yeah, him too, just hold off on the downgrades until they give their input just to be safe, then feel free to add them.

I'll try to go get them. Once they've made their input, any of y'all can do the appropriate changes.

So lowest tier Gems (Ruby, Sapphire, Steven, etc.) stay where they are, the regular Gems go from Large Country to Large Island (superior to several Laser Light Cannons), and the highest tiers (Lapis, Malachite, Alexandrite, etc.) stay where they are?

Seems fine.

@Azathoth: Yeah it's just the ones who are currently High 6-B that's being downgraded to High 6-C (or perhaps at least High 6-C if we go by Weekly's comment from much earlier). The rest inbetween stay as is. *Nods*

Yeah, this seems fine to me. I'll be willing to make the changes if nobody else wants to.

This is also consistent with the Crystal Gems fighting off a sentient island off-screen in one of the earliest episodes (I believe it was "Cat Fingers").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back