• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible type 5 Immortality for Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Light Novel We do Knot Love you its implied Yhwach is both living and dead. I'll provide the quote now.

"After Kurosaki Ichigo triumphed over Yhwach, that dead body was transported to the Soul King Palace by the hands of the Zero division. Hundreds of bindings were placed around the dead body which still contained a vast amount of spiritual power even after death, by storing it as the new lynchpin in the Soul King Greater Palace, the world was spared from collapse."

Now, I'm not sure about type 5 myself but your Reiatsu leaves when you die and Yhwach still has his Reiatsu. I can also possibly see this as resistance to sealing as the seals placed on him didn't do much.

There isn't a direct quote saying Yhwach is not dead, not alive, both or whatever; however, reading the two novels (We Do knot Always Love You and Can't Fear Your Own World) leave a huge implication that Yhwach is still alive as dead. His Reiatsu still exist and we are told through Mayuri that one's Reiatsu stomps when their soul dies since the Reiryoku is no longer being produced.

Also the implication from the previous Soul King and the potential Soul King candidate, Ichigo Kurosaki. The previous Soul King was alive as the Soul King, Ichigo killed him. Ichigo was going to be made into the Soul King if all else failed and he would have been alive too per Shunsui and Ichibei's discussion (linking the whole thing since it's a long discussion and for further context): http://missstormcaller.tumblr.com/post/160279800132/cant-fear-your-own-world-part-1-full-Translation

Plus the final chapter of Bleach had Yhwach's Reiatsu leak out of the Soul King seals and nearly attack Kazui and a part of Seireitei.

^

Acting as an undead of sort who doesn't truly die is more like type 7

You could legitimately atomize a Type 5 immortal and they would still be alive (Not necessarily able to act tho)

Edit: Ninja'd, was referring to Matt's post

Type 7 indicates he is Zombie right? his body is considered alive and reiatsu is still active as seen in the scans 10 years after his recorded death and sealing

Tyoe 7 is for undeads yes.

I'm not really sure how to classify it tbh, but type 7 is definitely closer to it than type 5

I am also not sure since he isn't a zombie and is currently sealed by 100s of things, but he is still active and can influence the world.

Also what level of resistance to sealing would you place this?

this looks more like type 8. I believe this because ywach can move with that black stuff right or it can act as his "body". As long as his body isnt eraced he should still be alive because of it which would also makes sense that Reishi is still coming out of his body.

Not type 8 in the slighest Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

Type 5 user is a character who is unbound by conventional life and death or straight up lacks of the concept of Death.

I don't think Yhwach is the latter, but not sure about the former. He is a Quincy (which is generally a human) but hitche is also the son of the Soul King. Kinda complicated you know.

Can this version of Yhwach do anything? If its just some lump of flesh which has Reiatsu and cant actually do shit on his own and consciously it should not qualify in my opinion.

he is relient on his body. They said he died because he simply stopped moving and was cut in half and his powers were negated for a while right. If one didnt know any better of course they would say he was dead when truly he was able to move in that black stuff outside of his body and wait to regain his powers over the cource of those 10 years.

but if we had to say he had type 7 than we may have to give him type 5 also because type 7 usually comes with another type of immortailty also since he was stated to be alive and dead. Gonna researfch some more

The scans are the only things mentioned about Yhwach he was actively controlling his reiatsu (he is sealed in the sky palace in a separate dimension as you know)

They describe him as alive and dead in the novel, since his corpse is so full of reiatsu that it can maintain the balance of worlds (as you know will collapse without someone to balance it)

His corpse is actively holding the worlds together while sealed with hundreds of bindings and he can try to exact his revenge, which is what he was attempting to do.

Is he actively doing stuff? Thats a qualifier. Sure when he later turns out to have fooled everyone and breaks out of his chains like his name was daenerys targaryen we would have an argument. But without him doing jack or us knowing whether he is even able to do so? Feels weird.

Well, Kaltias does say you don't necessarily have to act to qualify for type 5? Although yhwach does do some acting. In bleach as long as you can channel reiatsu you can't die ( at least for the immortals), it's similar to Aizen in a way since they can't stop his flow of reiatsu so he can't die.

A quote in the novel..

"His body was shot at by Yhwach's Schutzstaffel Lille Barro, he was on the verge of death with damage taken to his Saketsu* (binding chain) and Hakusui (*soul sleep) which can also be described as the heart of a shinigami."

0623-007

But channeling reiatsu is an active thing isnt it. Just being a dead body which gives of flesh, with no sign of being alive, is not doing things.

Indeed but they say he is dead since physically he is only a corpse as of now if you get what I'm saying but he can still influence the world. What makes it impressive is that he is also currently sealed by hundreds of bindings.

aw bruh that is forced immortaility lol. It seems like they have forced their reishi to stay locked to thier body even if they take fatal damage it wont ever leave. That should be type 2 immortaility no matter what damage you take you can still move and stuff but aizen just has some good as regen with his

I understand the reasoning behind, I just think its too early to give it Type 5 right now. Being sentinent in any shape way or form would be something to qualify, or, when not being sentinent, at least a form of confirmed action which he has done post-death, not just that his dead body giving off reiatsu affects the world autonomously.

The binding speaks for the theory, since why would you bind a dead men, but other key parts are missing out just now.Pretty sure that will change in the future, if the novels get continued/a sequel is made. But for now, it feels a little too far fetched.

what about this, he is trying to escape into the human world and maybe kill Ichigo's son he even opened the portal himself and were not sure what happened between him and Ichigo's son which heads toward fan fiction terriotory XD.

Bleach-8064205
Bleach-8064247
Bleach-8064253

Okay so what is correct then? All of Yhwachs power has vanished, or its still present in its dead body?

All of Yhwach's power/Reiatsu/Reiryoku is still present in his body and he can still act apparently since he's maintaining the balance of the world and tried to attack Kazui and Seireitei.

What I posted above was his attempt to exact revenge, which was stoped by unknown means ( this is his reiatsu in soul society), he is still alive in the royal palace since the novels mention no change in his status or end of world scenarios like when the former soul king died and he is still the current king as well until the next person is ready.

Looking over the Immortality list over and over, Yhwach honestly seems to have a bit of multiple types.

Type 2: Yhwach would have this as he's currently alive despite being chopped up.

Type 3: Yhwach has shown he can regen from death via the Almighty.

Type 5: It's weird because by he is dead, yet alive currently. So it sorta fits?

Type 7: The man is technically dead right now, but alive.

Type 8: Yhwach is reliant on his Reiatsu/Reiryoku still being pumped out from his soul like any Bleach character. Even though he is technically dead (and thus his Reiatsu should stop being made) Yhwach is still pumping out Reiatsu and so much that it can act as the Lynchpin for the Bleachverse.

This is all based on my interpretation of the definitions and how Yhwach currently is.

So how does this add up to the statement of all of Yhwachs power having vanished then? Retcon? Either way, I gave my opinion on the matter already. I think a clear proof of him actively doing something consciously would be needed.

RavenSupreme said:
So how does this add up to the statement of all of Yhwachs power having vanished then? Retcon? Either way, I gave my opinion on the matter already. I think a clear proof of him actively doing something consciously would be needed.
Frantzy linked one. It was Yhwach 10 years in the future after having been dead all that time attacking Kazui and Seireitei.

And the Novel is in the meantime, yes? So there is a possibility that the "vanishing"could also mean that somewhere inbetween the 10 years Yhwach was resurrected in some way or form and needed to be eliminated as a threat, which we will see in an upcoming novel.

Eh right now I am circling. I have stated my opinion on the matter and let others give their input now.

Unlikely since that would imply he escaped, the novels are a bit farther than 10 years and the next soul king is already in training. But Yhwach is still currently the soul king.

Tokinada1
This guy is really powerful as well stronger then Aizen apparently or equal i forgot.

forget ywach and Azien. There are other guys in prison for life just because they cant die!? At first i didnt know what Kubo would do with a next gen spin with bleach cause i thought the quincy and soul king were the peak they could go but if their are guys like Aizen that cant die than that is awesome bruh. This could bring in more world building and could finally get introduced to Hell. But what im really interested in is how those guys became immortal and why they cant die

That is indeed correct, where Aizen is a bunch of people with low-godly regen at least lol.

It is also described as an endless void I think or something (Muken) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back