• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Wikia Glitch

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I noticed that when you make a thread. sometimes the Thread title disappears making it hard to click on. It is possible to salvage it, but it is pretty troublesome. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: It just happened again for this thread...

Been happening on my end as well.

I've also been getting notification from threads I'm not subscribed too. Weird stuff, I'm sure it'll blow over by the end of the week.

Having the same thing happening on my end. Also same on the part of having notifications from places/threads i'm not following on.

Hoping it blows off soon...

I already noticed two highlighted threads with this problem... not sure what's happening

Ok I might need you guys to help test this out.

So I saw this thread right, it had a title, and there weren't any tags so I, the good staff member I am, decided to give it some tags. I leave the thread next thing I know no title.

Thoughts?

This happened to a thread on Joke Battles as well. The title disappeared completely and I couldn't click on it. I'm pretty sure there's nothing we could do but ask Wikia about this.

I have a glitch were, when anybody comments a thread that I'm following, instead of "replied" says "left a new message"

I will inform Wikia's staff about this problem. I have noticed it as well. Until it is solved, we will have to restore the titles of any threads after they have been highlighted, or topics/tags have been added.

Speaking of glitches, I've had a problem with the auto-link system while typing things here. Outside of editing pages, whenever I tried to use the double bracket markup, it won't bring up a list of corresponding matches the way it should (i.e. I type in "[[Mega Man" and a list of all the characters that start with Mega Man should appear next to the desired links). It's instead faded out and impossible to click on.

It's not particularly detrimental, but simply annoying and time consuming, especially for pages that have special characters like C├║ Chulainn Alter.

I have also had this problem, but I linked to this thread in my message to Wikia, so hopefully they will notice that problem as well, by reading it.

Oh yeah, i have that bit of a problem too. At some points, a list of names that go with what i'm wanting to link to at doesn't pop up right away or if at all. And as Rep said, it's time consuming and annoying as well to type in names for special characters here.

Yes. Regrettably. I have had to report a lot of them.

Let's hope that Wikia will quickly solve this issue. In addition, I will go on vacation on Monday, so we are in a bit of a hurry.

Anyway, until then, before highlighting any threads, first copy the title text, and then after you have used the highlight function, paste the title to the first post. Thank you.

Antvasima said:
Let's hope that Wikia will quickly solve this issue. In addition, I will go on vacation on Monday, so we are in a bit of a hurry.
Oh that's right your vacation, once more I hope you enjoy your vacation. Also yah I hope they quickly solve it as well

Thanks. It may be best if some other administrator informs Wikia about this problem as well though, in case Internet is completely down on the island, or something like that.

The last time I visited, it was possible to access it in a few special spots, so I should be able to briefly respond to threads once a day or so, but it was down at times, so you never know.

Kirkburn has given me a reply:

"Hey Antvasima,

Thanks for contacting us with your report. I've been able to reproduce this issue as well, and I'll inform the technical team - we'll try and get it behaving normally again soon."

As for something else, instead of highlights, I'm now getting "____ has replied to the thread", implying I'm following the thread even when I haven't ever posted on it.

You can contact Wikia about the problem, if you wish. Given that I will leave soon, there is a risk that we won't receive an answer in time othervise.

Back